Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Photos of the Technomate TM-2T Twin Tuner Enigma 2 Broadcom MIPS powered receiver

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    Looks like great twin tuner box if the price is right
    £219, here you go http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...llite-Receiver
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    So its going to be £219 then lol

cracking price for a twin tuner then any one going to write a review then
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Thanks
    Whats the difference between the TM Twin and the T2?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi, sorry for hijacking this thread, especially with my first post.

I am in the market for a twin tuner HD linux box, which will be my first box of this kind - basically to match my current sky+ hd box features (7 day epg, play, pause, rewind, multiple record, maybe series link?)

After reading and reading, I thought I had my choices narrowed down to a Vu+ Duo, Vu+ Uno (with extra tuner) or Vu+ Solo2. Now I have seen this technomate tm-2t model (very hard to source further reviews) for about £100 cheaper than the solo2.

That's quite a price difference, so I was wondering do you think as a first box I should go for this TM-t2, or should I maybe stick to a Vu+ box which seems to have a lot more support?

All information appreciated, as I am very much a novice, and may have got some of this information wrong.

Cheers

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    OK i read this thread earlier and i was so impressed i bought the company

Actually no i'm telling Porkies i just purchased the receiver to replace the POS Alien SHD-8900

I was going to go for the Twin, but to be honest i think this is a better looking box. The only downer for me is the one card slot, when i wanted a receiver with two, but I've got a few Smargos knocking around so it shouldn't be a major issue.

I do have a feeling this will become my main box.

Have no fear if it impresses me i will give it a glowing report

Matty, i would give the TM a go. It has better specs than the Vu+ Box and it is the cheaper of the two. Support for the TM image wise isn't as good as the Vu at the moment, but i do feel that this will change in the future, plus you already have 2 good teams doing the firmware for it.

The TM-2T has the makings of a fantastic E2 box, which i think it will be, either that or I've just canned £219 lol

Nano
    Last edited by manicscrewdriver; 21-01-13 at 00:39.
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

6. The Following User Says Thank You to manicscrewdriver For This Useful Post:

matty_keane (21-01-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    not better than the solo2 tho
    Quote Originally Posted by nanochickin View Post
    . It has better specs than the Vu+ Box

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Ok badly worded, it has better specs than the Vu+ Duo

The Vu+ Solo 2 is in a higher league than the TM-2T, although this is reflected in the price. I just want to watch TV on mine so the Vu+ Solo2 would be overkill for what i need it for. The Vu+ Solo 2 is still a cracking bit of kit though.

The good thing now that i have purchased the TM-2T is that i have my other boxes that i can now break to amuse myself

Wheres my Jtag lead gone

Nano
    Last edited by manicscrewdriver; 21-01-13 at 01:13.
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    lol I understand. thats all I do on mine lol. just watch tv I bought the quad at first then ending up selling the for the solo2 but im only 17 lol so don't really care after buring wholes in my back pocket
    Quote Originally Posted by nanochickin View Post
    Ok badly worded, it has better specs than the Vu+ Duo

The Vu+ Solo 2 is in a higher league than the TM-2T, although this is reflected in the price. I just want to watch TV on mine so the Vu+ Solo2 would be overkill for what i need it for. The Vu+ Solo 2 is still a cracking bit of kit though.

The good thing now that i have purchased the TM-2T is that i have my other boxes that i can now break to amuse myself

Wheres my Jtag lead gone

Nano

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_keane View Post
    I am in the market for a twin tuner HD linux box, which will be my first box of this kind - basically to match my current sky+ hd box features (7 day epg, play, pause, rewind, multiple record, maybe series link?)
    If that's all that you are after the TM2T is a great box & does all these functions perfectly.
    To watch live tv/record/playback, I can't fault it & would recommend it.

However, if you want to use the new ondemand players or are planning on watching avi/mkv/mp4 and so on file formats, I'd avoid it for now.
    TM are aware of the issues & apparently working on new drivers, so hopefully this wont be an issue soon.

Saying that, your current SKY box doesn't support these features either, so as a replacement box, it's a good one.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

matty_keane (21-01-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Cheers for the replys guys.

Yeah basically like nanochicken, my main aim is for watching/recording TV - with a similiar epg and layout/functionality of my sky+hd box. I've got other ways to watch media file formats, so that's not a big problem for myself at the minute. On-demand isn't massively high up my list of priorities either, so I like what you's have said about the tm-t2, given that it is roughly £100 cheaper than the solo2.

No doubt the solo2 is probably a superior piece of kit with added functionality, but I think for £219 I think you's have described a box that will suit my needs hopefully for quite a while.

Just out of interest as a novice, if I was ordering from the sponsor, would you reccomend the Vix image pre-installed on the box, instead of the 4D?

Thanks again.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_keane View Post
    Just out of interest as a novice, if I was ordering from the sponsor, would you reccomend the Vix image pre-installed on the box, instead of the 4D?
    Asking that question on the ViX forum I guess you can guess our answer straight away

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

josh_g (21-01-13),matty_keane (21-01-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Asking that question on the ViX forum I guess you can guess our answer straight away
    haha, I was probably asking for that response to be fair!

Cheers again guys.

Title
    Thanks

Cool Remote Control & Inside Pics

Took delivery of the box on Thursday, Loving it... Highly Recommend.
    I thought i would post up a few photos of the Remote & inside the box, as some peeps are always curious to what it looks like...
    Very responsive & easy to use so far and very very pleased with this purchase.... Much better than Vu Duo, can't comment on the SOLO2, but I would not be willing to pay the difference in price...

20130131_153439.jpg
    20130131_153452.jpg
    20130131_153446.jpg
    20130131_153623.jpg
    20130131_153426.jpg
    20130131_153356.jpg
    Last edited by mbull2012; 01-02-13 at 13:13.

digidude
    Quote Originally Posted by mbull2012 View Post
    Took delivery of the box on Thursday, Loving it... Highly Recommend.
    I thought i would post up a photo of the Remote, as some peeps are always curious to what it looks like...
    Very responsive & easy to use....

20130131_153439.jpg

The TM-2T remote is also a 'universal' type remote than can also control a lot of different makes and model of TV, by default, they work my Samsung TVs without needing any programming

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Mmm that remote looks familiar

gigablue remote.jpg

looks like it shares the case only as the remote for the TM doesn't work the Gigablue and visa versa. The top and bottom buttons are also reversed.

Nano

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast