Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New box set up guide

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, newbie here.....nearly set up but looking at the epg is there not a favourites button? Having to scroll through is hard work surely there's something like aj list?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scottd83 View Post
    Hi, newbie here.....nearly set up but looking at the epg is there not a favourites button? Having to scroll through is hard work surely there's something like aj list?
    You have to create your own favourite list in a program like dreambox edit then upload back to your box.
    Then tick keep bouquets in ABM
    Vu+ Duo --- Vix Apollo --- Magic HD Night Skin

3. The Following User Says Thank You to garyblas For This Useful Post:

BL888 (21-02-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Use autobouquetsmaker (ABM) to generate a new bouquet.

Press menu/setup/service searching/ABM and set it up to your region
    Last edited by seame; 23-01-14 at 21:36.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by seame View Post
    Use autobouquetsmaker (ABM) to generate a new bouquet.

Press menu/setup/service searching/ABM and set it up to your region
    Yes did that straight away matie but when I go into epg there's no favourite button so have to scroll page after page is this really how most people use it? if so sky f5s box has a better epg lol

Title
    Thanks
    What box are you using? Its always blue button for favourites on any E2 box I've used. I have noticed in the past when I've flashed a new image I have to press the green button for satellites first then blue before the bouquets show up.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by seame View Post
    What box are you using? Its always blue button for favourites on any E2 box I've used. I have noticed in the past when I've flashed a new image I have to press the green button for satellites first then blue before the bouquets show up.
    I'm on vu+solo2 mate

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    TV button first, then blue button
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Thanks
    Post a screen shot it might give us a better idea of where you're getting stuck.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If your meaning crossepg screens, forgot to mention to scroll quickly use buttons 2 and 8 (up and down effect).
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for this. Will be using this as my guide once my solo 2 arrives

boysheff
    let me know hoe you get on. as am wanting to use this guide

Title
    Thanks

Just a small error

Code:
    http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v5.9.8.html making sure your receiver is fully connected to your network and you have a copy of the IP address for the receiver you can proceed to the next step.

Install Filezilla onto your PC / laptop allowing any access your firewall asks of you, then launch it once installed.

For this step i am going to use the Quick connect option but you can at a later date create a profile for your receiver so you can connect at the press of a button or two.

Along the top of the program you will see the following boxes.
    Host: ( enter the IP address of your receiver here )
    Username: This is set to ROOT by default so enter that.

Password: by default this if left blank or password, unless you have changes this. for now enter password.
    Port: The default port is 21 so enter that then press the connect button.

If all goes successfully you should now be connected to your receiver. the boxes on the left of the program are your PC those on the right are the internal file structure of your Receiver. navigate to the TMP/ folder on your receiver and drag the softcam file ( must be in .ipk format ) to this location. once done you can exit from Filezilla. ( although you will need to use it once more before we are done ).

On your receiver navigate to the ipk installer. this can be found as so. Blue button> ViX> install local extension. If your file transfer via filezilla went correctly you will see the file listed here. Highlight this file and press the green button to install the file, you should see a conformation box just follow the directions selecting yet to reboot once complete.

While the receiver is rebooting install and launch notepad++
    make a new file by clicking on File> New. you do not need to enter any thing into this file for use with a FTV card but the file is needed by the cam.
    with this new file open again click on file but this time select the save as option and you will see another box popup.

In this new box select the location you wish to save this file to using the icons on the left hand side then under the File name heading enter the file name as CCcam.cfg Making sure it is this exact spelling as it is case sensitive then under the heading Save as type select the following All types (*.*) and press the save button. Once again open your FTP program and login as above but this time navigate to /ETC on the receiver and copy the file you just created there, exiting the program once done.

Now we can activate the Cam via the blue button. Blue button> softcam manager. press green to start the cam and blue to enable auto start.

Thats pretty much it. you should now be setup to use your Sky uk FTV card Via CCcam.

So there you go, If you have made it through this tutorial and not needed to use those spare pair of underpants. Give your self a huge pat on the back and maybe go for a cuppa. you deserve it.

Big thanks to Pheonix for putting this together and letting me re-post it!![/QUOTE]

Hi thanks for this excellent post,
    it was great to get started on my octagon SF8 box which i purchased. Just a small problem i encountered in connecting the box to my laptop...which took me the best partof 5hours to figure out as it wouldnt connect.. using Filezilla as mentioned in the above post;
    username: is "root" not ROOT in caps, this was the issue for me which i did not realise, 5 long hours later after changing the password, downloading dream centre, trying other options and changing the password in various forms, it worked!!
    finally have some channels to watch!!

just thought id post in case someone needed help!

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ali_bhx For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

cactikid (09-03-14),carolwat (29-08-20),ctbc (04-03-16),mahesh_bharti (27-03-14),melio (06-01-16),mial (16-11-15),PFinn (03-11-15),pootsy (21-04-16),Salfordian (18-06-14),salmon07 (22-10-15),wheelo (12-03-14),wrighty71 (15-08-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for guide. As I'm a newbie and just received my Solo2 from WOS I had no idea where to start. Do I just follow the same procedure for Solo2?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yes as its based on enigma2 boxes vu boxes are also done the same.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cactikid For This Useful Post:

bigvern (24-01-15),mial (16-11-15)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567