Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New box set up guide

Title
    Thanks
    excellent tut,i had a tm500s then updated to a solo2,this helped me set up the excellent epg on the solo
    well done josh-g.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Cheers mate i found this from a post from Phoenix and put it here soo all thanks to him
    TM-Twin*1TB HD*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

TM-Nano*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED

Title
    Thanks
    Brilliant thread this - very clear instructions.

Been using BH image but thought that I would try the new Vix image. Absolutely love it.

Congratulations to all coders, testers and other involved in compiling the image you have done a great job.

many thanks.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bugaloo41 For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (10-05-13)

Title
    Thanks
    This is highly confusing.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts

Re: New box set up guide

Quote Originally Posted by kanwar View Post
    This is highly confusing.
    I dont see how. I created the original tutorial in such a way that even a total novice with no prior experience of enigma2 reveivers could follow. If you need help just ask for it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Big Thank You. i have read many guides accross but yours is far the best it's idiot proof.
    well done mate
    thanks

Title
    Thanks

Re: New box set up guide

I used this guide on maxdigital xp1000 from sponsor, obviously missed out flashing the image part as it came preflashed, used a newer cccam version but seeing as id been told dont get an enigma2 box as its very compicated for first time users, this made it easy so thanks alot

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,142 Times in 6,220 Posts
    With regards to the section about USB being formatted to fat32, it doesnt't have to be. Ext is fine. This is useful for anyone using a USB drive for timeshift and not wanting to be affected by filesize restrictions of the fat32 system.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

kwabh (22-12-15)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sabbacool View Post
    Is this guide still applicable for openvix-3.0.600 version..... bootloader etc?

Thanx
    yes it's still applicable, the reason i added the bootloader stuff in there was because some users would never have updated their bootloader, so i though it best to add that part in to make the tutorial as complete as possible while still keeping it as easy to follow for new users.

Quote Originally Posted by 01342 View Post
    Excellent guide, very interesting. Would there be much difference for a Solo+?

Cheers,

Keith.
    not much no, the basic flashing process would be the only difference, the image setup is pretty much identical on all ViX supported receivers.

I'm just about to do this for the first time to my brand new vu+ Solo2. (gulp)

I have your guide printed out, my usb stick and I've downloaded the latest New ViX Team VU+ Solo2 OE3.0 Release but I'm unsure about duo_cfe_3_0_usb.zip. Is this the right one to use for the Solo2?

Cheers,

Keith
    Thats not applicable to the solo2, only the Duo as the name in the file states.

Quote Originally Posted by newDuo View Post
    Hi Guys,

I already have Vu Duo running VIX Image which I updated over 6 months ago.
    Its unstable, stops working some times and the channels from the buquet doesn't work anymore. Its gives signal PAT error.

I thought the best course of action would be to re-flash the box and loads the buquets from the beginning.

Any suggestions?
    yes just follow the tutorial and you should be ok, if you need further help just ask.

Do I need to put an image on it? I'm not trying to install, just use the usb stick for timeshift.
    I've got the EPG running from my PC now
    The last problem, for now, is timeshift.
    Timeshift will only work from a Linux formatted device, if you want to use a USB stick for timeshift initialize it from within the image.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    This is amazing, just when i was becoming a bit overwhelmed i found this, its amazing for a newb like me.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by karl_everest View Post
    This is amazing, just when i was becoming a bit overwhelmed i found this, its amazing for a newb like me.
    Glad it helps, it was written specifically with the newbie in mind and a big thanks to josh for keeping it updated when i didnt have the time to do it my self.

SIMPLES.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

josh_g (14-05-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks m8 messed it first time and thanks too this tut all sorted out now as this is my first twin tuner

Title
    Thanks
    I have a solo2 running BH 2.0.2 rev E at the moment and would like to try out the latest vix image which I have already downloaded.
    Do I have to flash the bootloader first or can go straight to flashing the vix image .
    Do I transfere the solo folder to a usb key or put the file into root of the usb.

Thanks for any help given.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    No need to flash a bootloader, just flash the image.
    Get the latest one available from http://openvix.co.uk, extract it to the root of a usb stick, put the usb stick in the box & press the touch sensitive button when prompted to do so.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    No need to flash a bootloader, just flash the image.
    Get the latest one available from http://openvix.co.uk, extract it to the root of a usb stick, put the usb stick in the box & press the touch sensitive button when prompted to do so.
    Thanks m8 I always like to double check before I start will be doing it tomorrow when her indoors leaves for the day.
    Forgot one thing my hdd is formatted to ntfs would it be better in fat32 for the vix image or is it ok they way it is
    Last edited by popss; 13-05-13 at 21:29. Reason: update

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast