Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gigablue HD Quad won't start

Title
    Thanks
    open up box and reseat all tuners, use a kingston usb stick if you can, format stick with right click option, ie don't use hp program.

HTH
    Last edited by stanley1; 18-11-13 at 11:34.

Title
    Thanks
    Tuners 1 and 2 are integral to the motherboard, not push in ones so can't reseat them. Done various permutations of formatting, right click through windows format, used HP formatter, used 5 different kingston usb sticks plus a few others. Just won't get past the red LED stage of bootup!!

I'd really like to know how langkasuka who started this thread sorted the exact same problem with his Quad.

Cheers

A

Title
    Thanks
    OK well time to put some closure on this thread and bring readers up to date with my experience of owning a Gigablue Quad.

Clearly from the beginning of this thread you'll know I had problems even booting the Quad and just had the red LED showing on the front panel. I'd had it for just a few days at that time.

I was asked to return the Quad directly to Gigablue in Germany which was probably the easiest thing to do due to my location rather than returning it back to WoS who would in turn have to send it on to Germany. It cost me 30.25 Euros postage to return so I enclosed the receipt and a letter in the package explaining the problems experienced and also stating clearly that I as it was so new did not want the box repaired, I wanted a new replacement. Also suggested that rather than refund my postage costs I would be happy for them to fit 2 DVB-S cards in the new box which would probably be more cost effective for them as they manufacture/buy wholesale the cards.

I tried on several occasions to communicate directly with Onur Oden at Gigablue asking if they had received the box and got no reply. Eventually got a reply when Stef at WoS contacted him asking if they had received the package.

Stef also asked him in another email to confirm that I would receive a new replacement and not my original one repaired. Still to date I had no response to that from him.

Some 3 weeks after I had sent my Quad to Germany I received a package from them. Guess what was inside? Yep - my original Quad with a piece of paper saying MOTHERBOARD. Nothing else, no explanation, no apology for faulty box. Oh and no DVB-S cards or refund of postage costs!!

So all in all I'm pretty disappointed with the level of customer support from Gigablue and the total disregard for the inconvenience and additional cost their faulty product caused me. I don't even know if the motherboard was a new one or one that was repaired from a previous failure. I know it's a different board because I put a couple of discreet marks on the original that are only seen under ultra violet light!!

I've emailed WoS a week ago in the hope that they will pursue the issue of refunding my postage costs of 30.25 Euros and await their reply.

The Quad is set up working fine now. It's just the bad taste of a poor experience with Gigablue that remains, so just be aware that if you buy a Gigablue product and it goes faulty don't expect much in the way of support or customer care from them.

Sour grapes?? You bet!!

Thanks for reading my rambling and hopefully ending the thread in this fashion is acceptable. If not then my apologies and please move it to the appropriate thread.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to allanapp For This Useful Post:

BubbleBalls (17-12-13),widar (30-11-19),WOODWARD395 (02-01-14)

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 473 Posts
    @ Allanapp, due to the issues you have experienced we are going to cover your shipping costs to Germany at our expense. Please check your PM, we need some details from you.

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to world-of-satellite.co.uk For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (17-12-13),allanapp (17-12-13),BubbleBalls (17-12-13),Larry-G (17-12-13),Mr. Mister (17-12-13),s1m0nw (17-12-13),widar (30-11-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Fair play to WOS, great service.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Brilliant gesture WOS..

That shows what a top notch service WOS provides..

Title
    Thanks
    I always believe it is better to return the receiver to the supplier. If it is something they can fix it saves loads of time and money and they have more clout with the makers. Also may suppliers will simply replace a box under early if they are unable to fix it to ensure good customer relations.

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Emulated View Post
    I always believe it is better to return the receiver to the supplier. If it is something they can fix it saves loads of time and money and they have more clout with the makers. Also may suppliers will simply replace a box under early if they are unable to fix it to ensure good customer relations.
    Allanp's case was a bit more complicated than that due to his location, shipping time's/costs etc...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

Title
    Thanks
    Really appreciate the kind gesture by WoS and have suggested that rather than receive the refund myself I'd like it donated to support VIX and also Stef's marathon run.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to allanapp For This Useful Post:

BubbleBalls (17-12-13),Emulated (17-12-13),Larry-G (17-12-13),Mr. Mister (17-12-13),Sicilian (17-12-13),widar (30-11-19)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allanapp View Post
    Really appreciate the kind gesture by WoS and have suggested that rather than receive the refund myself I'd like it donated to support VIX and also Stef's marathon run.
    Very kind of you and im sure stef will greatly appreciate your charitable donation towards a very good cause.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thank you Allanapp, both donation's made

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    I solved as follows:
    -Did a factory reset, at the end I did NOT start any setting.
    -Shut off the box by rear switch
    -Flashed fresh by USB
    I used image OpenHDF, but guess success with any other image.
    Pleased to get any feedback

Title
    Thanks
    I also had to uninstall plugin Satvenus Panel.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Hey @gemelli47 - you do realise this thread is 6 years old?
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123