Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Spiderbox 9000HD "No Signal"

Title
    Thanks

Spiderbox 9000HD "No Signal"

Hello,

I have recently bought a nice new Spiderbox 9000HD. Connected my dish up to it tonight but cannot find any channels. If I plug the dish into the tv (which has a freesat tuner) I pick up all the freesat stations no problem. On the spiderbox, I have a good 70% signal for Astra 2A/2D 28.2E. However, when I search for channels it will not find any. I thought I would get around this by uploading a channel list DB but I just get "No Signal" when I select a channel.

Anyone any idea please?

Spiderbox HD9000 Combo
    Software Ver F5.41
    Hardware Ver 01.20.RM
    Last Update Mar 29 2012.

Title
    Thanks
    in motor set up - make sure your it is set at usals if you have motorised system and press green button to enter your coordinates. If on fixed dish make sure motor setting on 28.2

Title
    Thanks
    Hiya thanx, I will check that. Do you remember which menu item to get the motorised settings? I have a fixed dish but I'll check the settings anyway.

Title
    Thanks
    Still no channels getting picked up

Title
    Thanks
    My signal is 65% and Q (quality?) is around 2%. Does this sound correct? You can see this in channel searching.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Theres no signal entering in your spiderbox, as your fixed on 28.2 east turn your motor off Menu> Motor Type> set this to OFF Exit saving settings will be displayed then EXIT EXIT EXIT...

Please also check the following

1. that you are connecting you satellite feed cable from your fixed dish into lnb in and not lnb loop out (it's an easy mistake to make)

2. It's worth checking to see if your RG6 inner core is protruding by 5mm at theend of your F connector

I have came across this only once before.
    the lad was up and down to his dish for days without success, I said i would take a look at his connections an when he fitted his F connector he had cut his inner core to short to the LNB

Regards Compass
    Attached Images Attached Images

Vu+UNO 4K SE [OE-Alliance-4.4 Firmware 5.4-010-Build Oscam-r11693-798][with keys]
    Vu+DUO 2 [OE-Alliance-4.4 Firmware 5.4-003-Build Oscam-r11572-798][with keys]
    Vu+SOLO 2 [OE-Alliance-4.3 Firmware 5.3-039-Build MGcamd]
    Vu+SOLO SE [OE-Alliance-4.4 Firmware 5.4-003-Build MGcamd]

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ^^COMPASS^^ For This Useful Post:

Volgad (22-03-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Hiya,

Checked almost all the above and everything was fine. Well, I thought it was until I inspected the cable and noticed a tear in the coax right at the joint to the f-connector. Now when I plug it into the tv i have to fiddle with it to get the signal. Going to remove that and re-terminate it. Will be back to let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

Title
    Thanks
    S=88% and Q=98% now! That's all that was needed, rewire the f-connector!