Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Whats the best Android tablet.. ??

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts

Whats the best Android tablet.. ??

Hi guys..

My daughter is looking an ipad for xmas..

But she aint getting it as it would be broken is a matter of days.. or left laying at her arse..

So am gonna get her a cheaper Android tablet..

Can anyone recommend one that is worth the money.. ??

Thanks

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    If you can find a cheap one on Ebay, touchapd can ported to Android and has a great screen, though its not as fluid as Ipad and some features such as camera do not work on the port.

I have skyped you a site where you can pick up all kinds of tablets very cheap but its matter of patience when the right one come up

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Cheers buddy.. just saw that..

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Google Nexus 7: Manufactured by Asus to Google's specifications, the Nexus 7 ushers in a new era of affordable, quality Android tablets.

It's now been shoved up in capacity without a jump in price; this means you can get 16GB of storage for £159 and £199 for the full 32GB version - plus we're getting a 3G version too.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    they have come down a lot in price but the acer iconia A500 is a fantastic pad has a great feel to it (does not feel cheap ) great gaming tablet as well paid over £500 when i got mine but you can pick one up now for about £150

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    ASUS Announces 7-inch Fonepad Pricing and Availability

Pre-order Today, On Sale 26th April

London, United Kingdom, (12th April, 2013) - ASUS today announced the Fonepad will be available for pre-order on Friday 12th April and go on sale as of 26th April from Carphone Warehouse, Amazon and Sainsbury's for an SRP of £179.99. For more information on tariffs, please contact your preferred retailer. The Fonepad is a competitively priced handheld device, with 3G voice and mobile data for all the features of a smartphone, with the versatility of a 7-inch tablet. Powered by a new Intel® Atom™ Z2420 processor with Android 4.1, Fonepad features a vibrant HD display with IPS technology for wide viewing angles and outstanding clarity.

"It is ideal to have a larger screen with entertainment, social media and other online activities now playing an increasingly important part in our mobile lifestyles," said Jonney Shih, ASUS Chairman. "The incorporation of 3G mobile data with full telephony support, makes the Fonepad the perfect combination of a tablet and phone in one single device."

"Extending our long history of collaboration, including most recently on the Ultrabook™ and Intel-based tablets, we are very excited to be partnering with ASUS again," said Hermann Eul, Intel® vice president and co-general manager of the Mobile and Communications Group. "Intel's new Atom™ Z2420 processor delivers the power, performance and flexibility required to accommodate a range of devices and market needs. We think the ASUS Fonepad is a very innovative device in an emerging category of 3G tablets with telephony features."

Beautiful metallic design with Intel® Atom™ performance

ASUS Fonepad is ideal for people who value both the voice communication features of a smartphone and the entertainment opportunities afforded by a tablet, but prefer the convenience of carrying just one device. Fonepad is a sleek and compact tablet with a metallic design that can be held comfortably in one hand, thanks to its light 340g weight and slim 10.4mm profile. Powered by the latest Intel® Atom™ Z2420 processor with full Android compatibility, Fonepad features a perfect balance of performance and energy efficiency, with hardware-accelerated 1080p Full HD video decoding and up to nine hours of battery life.

The 7-inch screen features 10-point multi-touch, and a crisp 1280 x 800 HD resolution for crisp, readable web page text and incredibly detailed photos. IPS technology ensures vibrant color with 178-degree wide viewing angles, and images that are clear and bright, even outdoors.

Built-in 3G for mobile data and voice calls

Built-in 3G with HSPA+ mobile data means ASUS Fonepad is an always-connected mobile device for seamless web browsing, fast downloads from Google Play Store, and smooth streaming of audio and video. Thanks to its full 3G telephony support, Fonepad can also be used for voice calls using the built-in noise-cancelling digital microphone or a Bluetooth headset. With just one mobile data plan to pay for, running costs are also much lower than those of a separate smartphone and 3G tablet.

Fonepad in the UK is available with 16GB, and has an SD card slot for up to 32GB of additional storage. All models feature a front 1.2-megapixel camera for easy video chat and ASUS SonicMaster audio technology with MaxxAudio 3 processing by Waves ensures clear, well-rounded sound quality.

Exclusive ASUS apps and accessories for greater productivity

ASUS Fonepad comes with a number of exclusive ASUS productivity apps: Floating App for easy management of running apps and multi-tasking; SuperNote lite for handwritten notes and drawing; and WebStorage Office Online for Microsoft Office-compatible document editing on the move. Fonepad users also get 5GB of free lifetime ASUS WebStorage for syncing and sharing data with other devices.

Two new optional accessories are also available for Fonepad. Available in four snazzy colors, VersaSleeve 7 is a wraparound cover with a folding design that both protects Fonepad, and props up the screen in two different positions for typing and watching video. Turn Case is a lightweight hardshell case for Fonepad that features a soft interior that keeps the screen clean and a built-in stand that puts the screen at the perfect angle for watching video.

Code:
    http://uk.asus.com/Tablet/Fonepad/ASUS_Fonepad/#overview
    Last edited by bassethound; 13-04-13 at 16:45.
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Thanks
    The best tablet i have used by far is the Android Galaxy TAB 10.1. It has been by far the most comprehensive tablet i have used to date and the speed of the internet is just shocking.

Title
    Thanks
    google nexus is ok

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 4g is just right for me,
    I use it for phone calls tho do get some funny looks when using it that way
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it