Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Technomate TM500-HD

matty74

Technomate TM500-HD

Hi All,

Not sure which section to post this thread as this box is perhaps the least supported box on the planet but here goes.

All I want to do is a factory reset as the box password is not being recognized correctly. I can ftp the box fine as I changed the password using Technomate Control Centre and was then able to log in with CoreFTP no problem. However Blue Button, within the only Image I can find for this box, requires the box password, which when entered correctly is not recognized.

When I try to Factory Reset using presumably 0000 as a PIN to verify a message gets displayed saying I have to wait a number of minutes that I am probably never going to live to. I have re-flashed, and still have the same problem.

Does anyone know anything about this box ?? I'm a Vu+ duo man myself, from a Dreambox past, who has dabbled a bit with the TM800HD but think i've met my match with this BlackBox !!

I'm assuming it's some kind of ITGate Hybrid as the instructions tell you to rename the image to TGS300_Update.bin which seems to matche with their Firmware names

Any Ideas appreciated ... failing that, i'll just stick it in my loft and then take it on antiques roadshow in 40years time such is it's rarity.

Cheers

Matty74

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    The TM500HD is a stripped down version of the TM800.

I presume you can flash it via miniroot like the 800 and and clear all data. There are two image files on the download centre. I presume the file names need to be changed to TM500HD_update.bin.

It was a hush hush release by TM, so you may get more info from them on the phone.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

wiz569 (04-10-12)

matty74
    Thanks for the info, but no matter how I flash this box it doesn't clear the Box Password. It's as if it's getting written in from somewhere ... I am able to Factory reset but still i have the same problem.
    Yet, when i set a password via FTP i can log on to box no problem but this doesn't seem to match up with the Box Password for some reason.

Does anyone know how the password password- and shadow shadow- files handle the password in var/etc ??

I've tried flashing with all (and there's not many) images out there, but to no avail.

Any further help much appreciated.

Matty74

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    There's not much info about the TM500HD in the public domain. Give them a call and share what they say with everyone.

What you describe is one of the dislikes about TM images. They were geared to Traders' needs so that the end user is restricted in what they can do. Hopefully their approach has changed as they are now part of the OE-Alliance.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by matty74 View Post
    Hi All,

Not sure which section to post this thread as this box is perhaps the least supported box on the planet but here goes.

All I want to do is a factory reset as the box password is not being recognized correctly. I can ftp the box fine as I changed the password using Technomate Control Centre and was then able to log in with CoreFTP no problem. However Blue Button, within the only Image I can find for this box, requires the box password, which when entered correctly is not recognized.

When I try to Factory Reset using presumably 0000 as a PIN to verify a message gets displayed saying I have to wait a number of minutes that I am probably never going to live to. I have re-flashed, and still have the same problem.

Does anyone know anything about this box ?? I'm a Vu+ duo man myself, from a Dreambox past, who has dabbled a bit with the TM800HD but think i've met my match with this BlackBox !!

I'm assuming it's some kind of ITGate Hybrid as the instructions tell you to rename the image to TGS300_Update.bin which seems to matche with their Firmware names

Any Ideas appreciated ... failing that, i'll just stick it in my loft and then take it on antiques roadshow in 40years time such is it's rarity.

Cheers

Matty74
    hello
    ALL

iv got the same problem but will phone TM tomorrow and let you all know wot they say? but in the mean time if any one knows a way round it tonight let me know
    cheers
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed is either hypothetical, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it !