Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Basic newbie setup procedure for VU+ Duo for Dummies

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pege63 View Post
    No no i dont, just wanted to know if i could use the newnigma2-v3-0 image
    Am using just the images that is for Vu+Dou
    I'd have to say no as its a DM800/8000 image. Up to you if you want to try & multiboot it.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

pege63 (18-05-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Now I've got 1146 channels most are locked out obviously but I have all the free to air. Reset itself to astra 19east when adding bouquets I just saw astra and carried on , it was only when I was re-reading the bouquet list when 28.2 hit me like a hammer.Fitted my hard drive today Hitachi 250 gb, wouldn't work, just locked up at "starting enigma II", swapped it for a 160gb out of a surveillance system worked fine.Hitachi works fine in a hd enclosure wire to pc but it was formatted NTFS would that make a difference. Now trying to get EPG to work, one day I'll know what i'm doing , thanks for the help.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    @ Maverick, start a thread with any things that your stuck on
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    re-attached tuner screenshots
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Where to put rytec.channels.xml and rytec.sources.xml manualy?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    answer is here

Code:
    http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?201-Latest-Rytec-channels-and-sources-files-to-go-here&p=2055
    Nobody knows everything. We were born to help and aid each other... That's why we are all here, to share, teach and learn.
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

8. The Following User Says Thank You to grtmoby For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (28-05-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Says only here i can download them i mean where to put the file in witch maps?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pege63 View Post
    Says only here i can download them i mean where to put the file in witch maps?
    You extract the files an ftp them to where it says in the first post. You haven't got to map anything.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

grtmoby (28-05-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Blue button, software management > software update. Be carefull though, with some of the updates you could loose some of your settings. Also make sure the stable symbol is present on the openpli site
    Code:
    http://www.pli-images.org/
    @ Maverick, once you've read those please post your questions
    Thanks Boss for your numerous posts and responses to everyone different issues.

I have a problem in that as simple as your guide looks it is not working for me.
    Maybe, I am missing some steps or maybe you assumed that most users are very familiar with set up from other STB so some steps are skipped.
    I have followed the step on how to format usb, create folder and create another folder within the folder. Extract the usb package into the folder and insert usb into STB.
    After doing all this the STB read the USB but did not upload any new image on my STB. It only wiped off my channel list setting it back to default.
    I have even extracted image into the first folder i.e. vuplus with the hope that the STB will upload the image from usb...still no luck.

I then tried the VU+utility software, this did not pass the stage after it asked me to turn on my STB. I turned the STB on but the software is not giving the option os setting up my IP even though ethernet cable and serial is well connected to the STB.

Pls is there a simpler step by step guide?
    Do anyone know if there is youtube link on how to do this?
    Do I omit anything in my steps?
    Is there another utility software like flashwizard or browser to flash the VU+?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Guide here to flash with USB stick http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...ng-a-USB-stick

Try the HP tool to format your USB stick here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...SB-Format-Tool

What image are you trying to flash?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Honestly, I have used the guide from the link you pasted above. I tried using the HP tool to format my USB stick but error I get is I need adminstrator privilege to use this tool.

I am trying to flash from these links: VU+-Support.co.uk-Loaded24-05-10.rar (34.88 MB, 214 views)
    VU+-Support.co.uk-Loaded24-05-10.nfi (37.01 MB, 57 views).

Thanks.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    When using HP tool, right click on it and choose run as administrator.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks and should I just unpack the usb upgrade only or should i also unpack the image to same duo folder or not at all?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Extract the 3 usb upgrade files and place them in /vuplus/duo/
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    great...and how and where do i extract the image? which image would you recommend for newbie like myself?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast