Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Basic newbie setup procedure for VU+ Duo for Dummies

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts

Basic newbie setup procedure for VU+ Duo for Dummies

Ok here's a quick Newbie setup procedure for the VU+ Duo, hopefully should get you through the basic setup.

1. Unpack receiver
    2. Install SATA HDD if you've bought one to install.
    3. Choose your image and prepare on USB stick.
    4. If your using a motorised dish prepare yourself with your longitude and latitude from here http://www.dishpointer.com/
    5. Connect to TV etc..
    6. Follow USB flash guide here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ng-a-USB-stick
    7. Follow this install wizard on screen through choosing your resolution etc..For tuner setting see attached screenshots, set your own longitude and latitude. One screenshot if for fixed dish, other for motorised dish. Don't bother with scanning, select "no, manual scan later".

Fixed dish settings: -

Motorised dish settings, change longitude and latitude to suit your area: -

8. Once setup is complete transfer your bouquets to the VU+ Duo using dreamboxedit. Enigma 2 settings/bouquets can be found here for UK only and motorised http://www.world-of-satellite.com/fo...gma-2-Settings , choose which you want. I've attached a screenshot of the correct dreamboxedit settings, just change the IP to suit your receiver. This can be found in by Pressing Menu > Setup > System > Network.

8A. Once settings/bouquets have been transferred re-check your tuner setup, it sometimes changes.
    9. Once all the above is completed and your watching FTA channels, you will need to initialise the HDD is you installed one, press Menu > Setup > System > Harddisk.

The above should get you watching FTA channels.

Once the above has been done look around the menu's and ask your questions on the forum

Hopefully I haven't forgotten anything lol! Post here if you feel something more should be added.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

2. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Adwardo (24-04-19),ahmed tabit (10-10-11),bassethound (19-01-12),bee9791 (23-08-12),BenGun (30-08-12),bigup7 (10-01-11),briace (02-02-11),cwebb66 (05-11-12),deltacharlie26 (18-11-10),Diablo13 (22-12-10),eddison (15-12-15),fouldup (31-07-13),happygus (21-07-15),ikram (24-01-12),MarsArtis (17-07-13),MGT (28-09-10),Mr. Mister (05-08-10),silverj (20-12-11),TheChairman1954 (02-10-12),tinbin300 (28-07-11),yvessr (12-11-10)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks

Re: Basic newbie setup procedure for VU+ Duo for Dummies

Just added point 8A.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Hi sorry I'm new to this have completed up to and including 7. How do I transfer bouquet. I have scanned but only get a few uk channels ( no channel 4 or ITV2), i thought it would pick up all the freesat channels until I get sorted?
    What have I done/not done

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Maverick120 For This Useful Post:

Dave B (25-10-10)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick120 View Post
    Hi sorry I'm new to this have completed up to and including 7. How do I transfer bouquet. I have scanned but only get a few uk channels ( no channel 4 or ITV2), i thought it would pick up all the freesat channels until I get sorted?
    What have I done/not done
    Dreamboxedit here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...oxEdit-3.0.0.0 Dreamboxedit manual here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...-How-to-manual

Read through this thread pay particular attention to post no. 11 http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...Satellite-List
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

fouldup (31-07-13),tinbin300 (28-07-11)

Title
    Thanks
    As OpenPLi updates everyday is there a way to update direct from the images without loosing my settings, or do i have to flash it everyday?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pege63 View Post
    As OpenPLi updates everyday is there a way to update direct from the images without loosing my settings, or do i have to flash it everyday?
    Blue button, software management > software update. Be carefull though, with some of the updates you could loose some of your settings. Also make sure the stable symbol is present on the openpli site
    Code:
    http://www.pli-images.org/
    @ Maverick, once you've read those please post your questions
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Diablo13 (22-12-10),tinbin300 (28-07-11)

Title
    Thanks
    So can i see witch images looses the settings or its a Russian rulett?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for that, have used dreambox edit worked ok till very end "sending reload command failed reboot for settings to make settings available" Rebooted, rescanned but still the same channels available All bbc regional &hd itv regional , five but no 4 or itv2 or itvhd and no other free sat channels. Have been through the setup a few times, I'm using my old sky digital dish and lnb could this be a problem, what settings should I be using .Thanks for the help I need to sort this before I think of CCcam.

Title
    Thanks
    I think i've cured it .It helps if you set it to 28.2 East, damn thing kept reverting to 19 east, better known as user error or open your bloody eyes, pratt
    Will report back tomorrow, I'm knackered now , off to bed.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maverick120 For This Useful Post:

Diablo13 (22-12-10),FireEater (27-07-10),Sicilian (18-05-10)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    So can i see witch images looses the settings or its a Russian rulett?
    Most updates are fine, but theres been occasions when the kernal or something else major is updated and the receiver fails to boots after software update. Keep an eye on the changelog http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...nPLi-changelog
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Diablo13 (22-12-10),fishlos (02-09-10),tinbin300 (28-07-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Can i use the new newnigma2-v3-0 original image, if i can use DM8000 images then i should be eable to use this without problem no?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Do not use DM8000 images in the flash no!

Some DM8000 images sort of work in multiboot, but none of them work 100%, its really not worth the effort of using DM8000 images as there plenty of very good actual VU+ Duo images. Peeps where only testing the DM8000 images when the VU+ Duo first came out, not worth using them now you have OpenPLi, Dream Elite and the VTI images.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Are this images patched for Vu+Dou in some way?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Are this images patched for Vu+Dou in some way?
    No the DM8000 images are NOT patched for the VU+ Duo. Like I said, dont waste your time trying to multiboot them.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    No no i dont, just wanted to know if i could use the newnigma2-v3-0 image
    Am using just the images that is for Vu+Dou

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast