Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: 102 & 202

Title
    Thanks

Smile 102 & 202

Hello

Thinking of buying one of these boxes, could anyone tell me what's the difference between these two recievers as I can't seem to find out by the web site alone?
    And, looking at the support forum they seem to die alot, can anyone verify that they are reliable?

Thanks BlessedYouth

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    They do not die a lot, two reports becuase of using incorrect patch flashing procedure or uploading incorrect channel list. In anycase, both cases easilly recoved using USB to RS232 adapter and null modem lead http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...Ferguson-Ariva So even user error cannot brick these boxes

Main difference is that 102E does not have rear USB port or a CI slot, other than that more of less the same. Both have identical menu system and software features. Picture quality is superb and found extremely reliable, there's even a PC channel list editor available.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

BlessedYouth (11-09-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Is there a twin tuner version?

Sent from a chimney near you

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Theses not a twin DVB-S/S2 version yet no.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    I have a 102E which i bought for my daughter to use and they are excellent boxes for the money. Things do go wrong with these boxes as with any other box if you do the wrong thing with them, although as already posted they are easy to recover using a null modem cable and the appropriate software.

I managed to brick mine within 24 hours with the Dreaded "ASH" message appearing on the lcd display

Recovery took about 15 mins through the RS232 Port. Make sure you use the newest patch on this receiver as i have heard of issues with the earlier patched firmware which my box was using when it locked up and refused to start up again.

Its all working fine now even with the wireless "n" usb stick. Talks quite happily to my Gigablue and does what its supposed to do

Nano
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Fail proof upgrade guide http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...upgrade-guides

Channel editor guide http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...man-and-Polish

Things can go wrong if patched incorrectly or if a channel list not meant for your model is used, as would with any other model receiver. Provided these guides are followed and things done correctly these units are rock solid. As stated easily recovered via RS232 if you do manage to brick one, I'm still yet to brick one
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (12-09-12)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    I'm still yet to brick one
    You haven't tried hard enough lol

Mine locked up when i was setting up the USB wireless usb stick. It had worked fine for the previous 24 hours so i'm assuming the issue was with the firmware as i was still testing at the time it locked up and I hadn't yet installed any channel lists.

Its still a bang on box for the money and in my opinion is a better box than the Openbox/Skybox. The picture is a lot clearer and the menus easier to understand and to navigate through. All the other online stuff works really well too. You can't beat these boxes for the money. Don't waste your money on an Openbox, they don't even come close to the Ariva.

What makes it even better is that i haven't even had to get my jtag lead out which is a bonus

Nano
    Last edited by manicscrewdriver; 11-09-12 at 23:48.
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manicscrewdriver For This Useful Post:

bassethound (12-09-12),Sicilian (12-09-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Hey nano, how the new job going?

Sent from a chimney near you

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Which Jobs that John

Title
    Thanks
    Hello there, hope smbd will help me a bit here
    Got GigaBlue Quad in the lounge also an NBOX BSLA in the bedroom but now I need a cheap, reliable and quick receiver to my kids bedroom. Needs to be monkey-proof :P but not the simplest one, few features would be nice.
    Got openbox S9, old and simple and to be honest, not the greatest receiver. Got it for, I dont know, 6 yrs now? Thinking of giving it a rest (no new softwares for ages, channel list updates hard to find etc.) and replacing it with one of the Arivas. The question is which one?
    My bro has got old 102 (I think) and I dont like the menu to be honest but he didnt flashed it for years but its a mark You can trust, he has no problems with it at all.
    Which one from our shop (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...a-HD-Receivers would u recommend? Whats the pros and cons in each? No need to tell it needs to be ok for sh**ing

Title
    Thanks
    can network settings be locked and do cams run ok read while back they had issues