Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TSPanel 6.4

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

TSPanel 6.4

updates:
    -fixed reported bugs and logo download
    -google news reader added to TSpanel application
    installation:
    -by update from previous version
    -from TSpanel servers
    - by manual and telnet methods
    attached three files
    -also for openpli users TSpanel available through openpli feeds-plugin browser-download-extensions-\TSpanel6.4
    -mipsel for oe1.6 images,sim2 images and openpli 2.1(and openpli variants)
    -mips32el-nf dm800 oe2.0 images(original)
    -mips32el oe2.0 and openpli3.0

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to tandaman For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

brud123 (18-01-13),dixie60 (12-10-12),EsSa55 (21-09-12),maxmator (22-09-12),Oakenholt (08-11-12),rainman287 (14-02-15),sinky50 (28-02-13),slimefc (14-01-14),swerver (22-09-12),taip (01-10-12),walid2010 (13-09-12),wimbldon (11-12-12)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    be aware that any supposed items on this panel with the ViX name has nothing what so ever to do with the ViX team and we will not be held responsible for any nasties they may contain or if you cause damage to your receiver as a result of any tools used from this panel.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Maxwell (10-09-12),Mr. Mister (10-09-12),Rob van der Does (10-09-12)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well said Pheonix....But adding everything really to a box is at your own risk

Title
    Thanks
    There are claims that this version works with the latest VIX image for VU+ Uno. Can you confirm please?

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    It may do Gerry but believe me having a local supply of plugin IPK as well as the knowledge of what goes where is priceless.

Using plugins such as TSP appears handy in the short term, long term it adds no value to getting to know your box or what goes where.

As for that argument I just want to watch TV, what will you watch when TSP disappears as these things do?

That old adage give a man fish and he eats and teach him to fish applies for this hobby

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply and there was certainly no TS Panel when I started with this hobby. My interest is twofold. Sometimes people lose interest when they cant find these easy fixes and when I help people with set ups they have their uses. I wonder also if there is another reason why this and other "helpful" plugins are not working with the best image available.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    That would be down to the plugin makes to adapt them for vix

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrykiddy View Post
    I wonder also if there is another reason why this and other "helpful" plugins are not working with the best image available.
    If your implying that we have in someway stopped any plugins working with the image you are WAY WAAAAAYYYY off the mark.

The OpenViX 3.0 image has pretty much been re-written from the core level upwards for a number of reasons including making the image compatible with the OE-Alliance so that all member teams could easily take parts of the image to use as their own and vice versa. yes some older plugins no longer work but thats not up to us to ensure that every plugin under the sun works with the image. and for the record if you took the time to try it you would see that the newest versions of the TSpanel do indeed work with ViX 3.0.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (25-09-12)

Title
    Thanks
    I think your caps lock must be sticking somewhere!
    I have tried to install the 6.4 version downloaded from this thread. Is there another one. I would be very grateful on this cheery sunday morning if you could point me in the right direction, I have opened my mind in hope.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I think your caps lock must be sticking somewhere!
    I have tried to install the 6.4 version downloaded from this thread. Is there another one. I would be very grateful on this cheery sunday morning if you could point me in the right direction, I have opened my mind in hope.
    I personally dont use TSpanel nor have any use for it either as i archive all the plugins i use on a SD card. from my understanding the version above works with the latest ViX images but i have not tested it nor will I.

I am curious to know what "helpful" plugins you believe we have disabled from working with the image ?, because i can categorically state now that we have not and never will for that matter disable any plugin from working with the image. If a user wishes to install crap on their system thats up to them. we just advise against it is all.

SIMPLES.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (25-09-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Who suggested that any plugins have been disabled in an image that I have stated is the best. Only you have mentioned it in this thread. How can you tell me that the latest versions of the plugin works with Vix and then say "i have not tested it nor will I". I have tried it and I cannot get it to work. In the latest version (6.4) the Vix image no longer gives the Magic Number message so maybe it is my fault. I have explained why I use this "crap" and that should be enough.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Who suggested that any plugins have been disabled in an image that I have stated is the best. Only you have mentioned it in this thread. How can you tell me that the latest versions of the plugin works with Vix and then say "i have not tested it nor will I". I have tried it and I cannot get it to work. In the latest version (6.4) the Vix image no longer gives the Magic Number message so maybe it is my fault. I have explained why I use this "crap" and that should be enough.
    I simply refer you to your own words.

I wonder also if there is another reason why this and other "helpful" plugins are not working with the best image available.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Blessed is the man who has nothing to say and actually says nothing.

Title
    Thanks
    This is a strange old thread.
    @gerrykiddy, I understand your frustration, and I can't understand the responses you have got here.

TSPanel is one of the most useful plugin out there, and I too want to get it working with ViX OE3.0

If people don't want to load it - fine.
    If people are concerned that it will compromise the image - again don't load it.
    Its all down to your level of paranoia. Any plugin has the chance of compromising your build. That's what backups are for after all.

As it is I still get the bad magic error. So has anyone got this working OK, and if so, with which .ipk file?

Cheers

MD

19. The Following User Says Thank You to meggiedude For This Useful Post:

gerrykiddy (07-10-12)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by meggiedude View Post
    This is a strange old thread.
    @gerrykiddy, I understand your frustration, and I can't understand the responses you have got here.

TSPanel is one of the most useful plugin out there, and I too want to get it working with ViX OE3.0

If people don't want to load it - fine.
    If people are concerned that it will compromise the image - again don't load it.
    Its all down to your level of paranoia. Any plugin has the chance of compromising your build. That's what backups are for after all.

As it is I still get the bad magic error. So has anyone got this working OK, and if so, with which .ipk file?

Cheers

MD
    This has nothing at all to do with compromising builds or paranoia or what ever other reason you want to pluck out of the ether. TSpanel has it's uses but personally i consider it to be nothing more than a tool for the lazy. you just have to look at the many and i do mean many posts we had on the forum when we first launched the ViX 3.0 image and it was discovered that TSpanel did not work with this image. People did not know how to load a simple bouquet list of manually FTP a .ipk file to their receivers.

There is no great conspiracy from the image builders to block the panel from working, it was totally unforeseen.

SIMPLES.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast