Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [How To] Streaming to your Android device over LAN from your Linux Box

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts

[How To] Streaming to your Android device over LAN from your Linux Box

In response to several queries I have made this step by step tutorial to show how to stream from your box to your Android device on your LAN.

The first step is pretty obvious in that you need a couple of things from the Play Store so download and install both items below which are free.

1. Dreamdroid
    2. Wondershare Player (there are other players but this is what I use and it has some big advantages over the other players I have found).

There are no additional requirements for the receiver other than it is on your LAN.

1. Switch on WiFi and ensure that it is connected to your router.
    2. Open Dreamdroid and you will see this screen (Note: at the bottom of this screenshot yours will say "connection error" at the right - ignore this)

3. Touch the Profiles button to get this screen (yours will only have Default dm8000 in here)

4. Touch the circle with the + next to the magnifiying glass to get to this screen.

5. Setup your profile.
    Profile Name = Anything you want
    Hostname/IP = the full IP address of your receiver
    Streaming/IP = Not used
    Port = 80
    https = Not used
    Enable Logon = yes (tick the box) (once this is done additional logon settings are shown)
    User Name = root
    Password = Not used
    Very Important at this stage is to make sure you save your new profile by pressing the memory card icon at the top next to the X

6. Now go back to the profiles page (note in these screenshots I have deleted the last number of my IP address so yours should show it in full)

now touch your new profile and you should connect to your receiver as seen at the bottom of this next screenshot, the profile name is on the left and you will see the version number at the right if successful.

7. Now touch on the Services button and it will bring up the services list

8. Touch Bouquets to bring up your list

Touch a Bouquet to bring up the channel list

Pick a channel and tap its name, you will now get a popup box

Touch stream and unless you already have wondershare as the default player you will be asked how to complete this action.

Tick the box to Use by default for this action then select Wondershare Player (once this is done you will not be asked again and further streaming will activate Wondershare without asking).

Now Wondershare will open and say preparing then buffering for a few seconds, after which you will get the live picture (which is much better quality than this capture )

Job Done enjoy
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Maxwell For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

ABARKIE (30-09-12),babdul (04-12-12),enumani (03-08-18),frankblueking (22-09-12),huey45 (18-02-14),judge (24-08-12),mickyblueys (24-09-12),pdlee (09-01-13),Sicilian (24-08-12),snkare (12-02-13),Stanman (22-08-12),Watsoccurring (30-08-12),wheelo (15-04-14)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Nice guide, thank you
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, AX HD61 COMBO, ZGEMMA H9 TWIN, VU+ ULTIMO 4K
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Nice guide Maxwell

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fs1 For This Useful Post:

Maxwell (24-08-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Maxwell Great guide. I have struggled to stream to my Samsung Galaxy S2 but following your post everything worked fine. A happy bunny!!!
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Vu+ Ultimo - 1.1m Techomate 2600 motorised dish & a fixed Sky dish - 3.9.6 Kernal - Drivers 24/11/2015 - Image Was openvix-5.0.020 - CCCam 2.3 - 1TB Hard drive - Connected to Network using ethernet cable - Skin Vix-Night HD

7. The Following User Says Thank You to frankblueking For This Useful Post:

Maxwell (22-09-12)

Title
    Thanks
    there is a application on google playstore called "Nxtrend" especialy for the Xtrend boxes.
    This works fine!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Prishara For This Useful Post:

Maxwell (24-09-12)

Title
    Thanks
    is there a way to WAN?

Title
    Thanks
    Nice write up works perfect.

Title
    Thanks
    am getting the messagestreaming media format error, or does not support the format of streaming media

Title
    Thanks
    ok didnt realise it had to be on the same chanel, l got it working but it keeps buffering and is slow
    is there another player i could try cheers

Title
    Thanks
    sorted i was trying to stream hd put it to sd and its perfect cheers

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, does not work for me I get connection error?This is on a vu duo and samsung s2.
    Thanks.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Re: [How To] Streaming to your Android device over LAN from your Linux Box

Use Dreamdroid and wondershare. I've got same 2 bits of hardware and it works no problem.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    WD 1TB Blue Desktop Drive 3.5" SATA-III 7200RPM 64MB =Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File
    Kingston DataTraveler SE9 8GB USB =PTS

Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    Seagate 500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Barracuda Hard Drive 7200RPM 16MB=Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File
    Kingston DataTraveler SE9 8GB USB =PTS

Both Duo's Plugins, Lraizer Autobouquet, Cacheflush, Mediascanner, Picture player, Movie Browser & Openwebif

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Have put the usernamae in to dreamdroid and password if ones was created?

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Connection error is usually due to incorrect IP address or login providing your box is actually on the LAN, go back through the setup procedure and follow it to the letter
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

Title
    Thanks
    Ok thank you i will give it another go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast