Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to install your own picons on VTI or Dream Elite images

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    which image do you have if vix go into setup>vix>skin settings and point the folder to were you stored the picons

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    I am using a vti image m8

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, is the method the same for the TM800 ? If not, whats the difference ?
    Last edited by pazza07; 16-08-11 at 14:13.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    On TM800, just create a folder in the root of usb stick called /picon using an ftp client like filezilla. Then ftp picons to the folder, then reboot.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    On TM800, just create a folder in the root of usb stick called /picon using an ftp client like filezilla. Then ftp picons to the folder, then reboot.
    Not sure i've done this right. I have created a folder called picon in the root of my USB stick and placed it in the front usb port of tm800, i've downloaded a picon list. that's were i'm up too, i don't understand what folder i ftp them too.

Title
    Thanks
    Not sure i've done this right. I have created a folder called picon in the root of my USB stick and placed it in the front usb port of tm800, i've downloaded a picon list. that's were i'm up too, i don't understand what folder i ftp them too.

Title
    Thanks
    I think i've got the right folder, media/front usb ?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thats sounds right, yes. Create a folder in the root of the usb stick called picon, then ftp the picons into that folder. May be best to start a topic in the TM800 discussion section.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

pazza07 (16-08-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Thats sounds right, yes. Create a folder in the root of the usb stick called picon, then ftp the picons into that folder. May be best to start a topic in the TM800 discussion section.
    Thanks sicilian, i've done all that but still no joy. I will start a thread in tm800 section and hopefully get it sorted.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks sicilian, i've done all that but still no joy. I will start a thread in tm800 section and hopefully get it sorted.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 249 Posts

Heres one for sic

ive done it like like it says in the 1st post for well over the last 12 mths , but recently upgraded to vti 3.1 and set all my settings how i wanted em but for some reason crossepg dont like the usb stick ive had in there fro 12mts now ive upgraded , but low & behind after id taken the usb stick out of the back of the duo , went back into file system and all my picons are still stored media/usb/picon yet i have no usb stick installed
    So do i need a usb and whats going on there cus i just dont understand , and it dont take any more time to change channel with or without stick installed

thanx

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcmedia View Post
    ive done it like like it says in the 1st post for well over the last 12 mths , but recently upgraded to vti 3.1 and set all my settings how i wanted em but for some reason crossepg dont like the usb stick ive had in there fro 12mts now ive upgraded , but low & behind after id taken the usb stick out of the back of the duo , went back into file system and all my picons are still stored media/usb/picon yet i have no usb stick installed
    So do i need a usb and whats going on there cus i just dont understand , and it dont take any more time to change channel with or without stick installed

thanx
    They'll be stored in the flash then, just using that path.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 249 Posts
    So what will it affect if i leave em in the flash opposed to using a usb stick

thanx sic

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    short term nothing but long term not a good idea to do lots of writes to the flash as over time it degrades, perhaps not to the level you might notice in the short term but why take the risk.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

mmcmedia (01-09-11),Sicilian (02-09-11)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanman View Post
    short term nothing but long term not a good idea to do lots of writes to the flash as over time it degrades, perhaps not to the level you might notice in the short term but why take the risk.
    Using Picons does not involve a lot of writing: only when installing/updating them. So no worries there.
    Even after flashing many hundreds of times, including the use of picons, won't wear your flash memory.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12