Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some menu screenshots form the Ferguson Arvia 102 Mini and 202E, pretty damn good!

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts

Some menu screenshots form the Ferguson Arvia 102 Mini and 202E, pretty damn good!

I've been having a play with the Ferguson Ariva 102 Mini and the 202E, so far pretty damn impressed with the features and menu's, best I seen in a non-linux receiver. More details to come, but heres some screenshots from the menus.

3606_graph_1.jpg3606_graph_2.jpg3606_graph_3.jpg
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    How about a specification for this new Mini? Then we could see exactly what it can and can't do.

Or have I missed that somewhere?

Having bought an Eaglebox Mini a few months ago (not from world-of-satellite mind you) and been disaappointed to find it can't handle radio channels at all, I'm now wary to check the spec more carefully before I take the plunge again this time.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Here is a quick youtube video of the menu system at work on the Ferguson Ariva 52E / 102E / 202E OSD

more info at are site sponsor http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...llite-Receiver

All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (20-08-12)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
    How about a specification for this new Mini? Then we could see exactly what it can and can't do.

Having bought an Eaglebox Mini a few months ago (not from world-of-satellite mind you) and been disaappointed to find it can't handle radio channels at all, I'm now wary to check the spec more carefully before I take the plunge again this time.
    Dont compare the Eaglebox mini to the Ariva 102 Mini, the software on the 102 Mini is superb, checkout the video above. If you need something tested, just post and I'll test
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    OK, thanks. Looks interesting, but I could really do with going carefully through its spec to double-check exactly what it can and can't do.

Specifically, how about finding and storing satellite radio channels, which from my adnittedly rather eccentric usage point of view is where the Eaglebox falls down?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    OK, thanks. Looks interesting, but I could really do with going carefully through its spec to double-check exactly what it can and can't do.

Specifically, how about finding and storing satellite radio channels, which from my adnittedly rather eccentric usage point of view is where the Eaglebox falls down?
    Just opened up a channel dump from my 102 mini, this mornings scan had 162 radio channels, I'll check them and report back this evening.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

bassethound (20-08-12),Larry-G (20-08-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry I am fairly a newbie to this. I had bought the DreamBox DM800 se clone 2 months back. Is the Ferguson Arvia 102 Mini meant for the same purpose as dreambox. Also can I edit the CCCam.cfg file in Ferguson Arvia 102 Mini. If yes, then where is it located in Ferguson Arvia 102 Mini.

Thanks

Ash

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Just opened up a channel dump from my 102 mini, this mornings scan had 162 radio channels, I'll check them and report back this evening.
    Your attentive cooperation much appreciated. Tks. I'd be taking my box and using it in Asia some of the time, and manually adding birds transponders for that region in addition to whatever's already programmed in, so that's why I'm asking you these funny questions.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

cant handle radio, as well as cant edit channels or rename favs, or auto start cccam

wishs he listened to stef

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I've been having a play with the Ferguson Ariva 102 Mini and the 202E, so far pretty damn impressed with the features and menu's, best I seen in a non-linux receiver. More details to come, but heres some screenshots from the menus.

3606_graph_1.jpg3606_graph_2.jpg3606_graph_3.jpg
    have you a video of editing and moving favs?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by river-rat View Post
    cant handle radio, as well as cant edit channels or rename favs, or auto start cccam

wishs he listened to stef
    Noted, but what did stef say? Is it on this forum?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aasheish_mody View Post
    Sorry I am fairly a newbie to this. I had bought the DreamBox DM800 se clone 2 months back. Is the Ferguson Arvia 102 Mini meant for the same purpose as dreambox. Also can I edit the CCCam.cfg file in Ferguson Arvia 102 Mini. If yes, then where is it located in Ferguson Arvia 102 Mini.

Thanks

Ash
    Read the stickies http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...hey-are-to-use!
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for this offer. Haven't seen any report though. Am I to take it that it failed your radio test?

Still not completely clear exactly what river-rat is saying in his later comment on this thread.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Sleepy..

This means that Sicilian will test further when he gets a chance..

I had a look last night at the channel dump for these boxes.. All radio stations were there..

I do not have one of these boxes as yet.. but hopeing that one will with me tomorrow..

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Mr Mister, and the channel dump is a promising sign, but I think you can understand my "once bitten twice shy" attitude on this after finding my Eaglebox at first appearing to download a load of radio channels, but then failing to store any.

Anyway, I'll try to be patient and wait to hear if either you or Sicilian have actually managed to store and play some radio channels. If successful, my plan would be to order one while I'm still in UK, but then pack it in my suitcase when I travel to Asia in mid-September where I have lots of different dishes on DiSeqC, LAN access, and more time to play with it than I have in UK. I'm only telling you all this to illustrate that I don't have unlimited time to wait for the answers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast