Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Streaming & Recording on Mac

Title
    Thanks

Streaming & Recording on Mac

I can watch sky on my macbook using using iDreamX. Works perfect. But is there anyway I can record what I am watching to my macbook hard drive...

Title
    Thanks
    iDREAM has this build in, bottom right hand of the streaming window, Stream to:

Choose Disk, this prompts a timer, it then records as a .ts file to disk

For best results, install VLC as well

Title
    Thanks
    Cheers mate, have just done a clean of install of mountain lion on my macbook air and now when I stream the quality is really poor, very choppy.

Maybe theres something else I need to download as I have bt infinity with 30mb down, cant blame the connection..

Have iDreamX 2.7.0b with VLC 2.0.3 installed at the minute...

Title
    Thanks
    it has nothing to do with your internet connection, its all on your local Lan, I'm on mountain lion and its fine, What image are you running on your VU? Check your link quality on the VU, as if its too low, it will mess up streaming.

Title
    Thanks
    I am using a dm500s. Running jade green image.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry i missed in the original thread its a dm500 lol, still shouldnt make any difference

Check your wifi signal strength

Title
    Thanks
    130 mate, I believe thats the fastest you can get. We are right next to hub and dream box. Cant understand this.

Title
    Thanks
    Its hard to advise, I'm using a Apple router , its in the spare room as ive got Satellite broadband, signal strength is about 70/100, and it streams fine to the macbook

Title
    Thanks
    Im back home now and its still the same in my own house. Updating to mountain lion must have changed something.

Title
    Thanks
    Going to try streaming on my toshiba laptop. Never set streaming up before on a XP lappy, whats the best method...?

Title
    Thanks
    I have tried vu solo and it streams perfect so must be something to do with the dm500s. Have tried on openly and jade green, both choppy unwatchable video. Any ideas why that is?

Title
    Thanks
    Any ideas guys, strange why its perfect on the solo but no good on the dm500s. I thought it would be down to the network and not the box....