Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MODIFIED - ViX Night HD Skin

Etk

MODIFIED - ViX Night HD Skin

Here's my modded version of the ViX Night Skin, main changes are the EPG colours are now more like the sky ones and the font is different:

screenshot-7.jpg

screenshot-8.jpg

The files you need are the modded skin.xml (which goes in usr/share/enigma2/ViX_Night_HD/) and the fonts (ttf files which go in usr/share/enigma2/ViX_HD_Common/Fonts/)

Download here: Modified Files.zip

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Etk For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Alanp (07-08-12),enol (29-08-13),Funchalinho (28-06-13),im85288 (07-08-12),KristianM (07-08-12),Larry-G (07-08-12),Madcustomer (20-02-13),Maxwell (07-08-12),Mr. Mister (07-08-12),R@shed (15-11-12),samipeace (08-09-13),sasho (07-01-14),Sicilian (07-08-12),swiper (11-08-12),thecaretaker (09-08-12),ToMaJo (13-08-12),zenith (15-04-13),^^COMPASS^^ (07-08-12)

Etk
    Not sure if I should try and recolour the channel select screen to bring it into line with the EPG - any thoughts? I've been searching the web for other colour schemes too but not really found much yet so if anyone's got any they like post them up so I can have a look at incorporating them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Etk For This Useful Post:

cosie (11-08-12)

Title
    Thanks
    im using this at the mo.thanks m8
    vu+duo running vix image with 600gig samsung hdd

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cosie For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    I gave this a try, in general it looks ok, but changing the font seems to affect fonts everywhere else and not just this EPG, it's looks bad..... maybe i did something wrong? but i followed the instructions perfectly

Etk
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjayuk View Post
    I gave this a try, in general it looks ok, but changing the font seems to affect fonts everywhere else and not just this EPG, it's looks bad..... maybe i did something wrong? but i followed the instructions perfectly
    Hi Jay

I've changed the font system-wide as I prefer it to the standard one. Seems to work with the other settings I've got but might not be so good if you've got things set differently. Any examples or screenshots of the stuff that doesn't look great?

Title
    Thanks
    I agree, this fonts looks very tidy, where it doesnt fit too well is the single EPG bar (using the + - channel buttons), the clock, text along the bottom.

HTH

Dale

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    New VIX EPG supports background graphics, so no need in editing xml files. Just overwrite background graphics with new graphics/colours if you want a new look.
    Will be out any day soon...

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    New VIX EPG supports background graphics, so no need in editing xml files. Just overwrite background graphics with new graphics/colours if you want a new look.
    Will be out any day soon...
    But the existing options to change all colours will still be there. So users have lots of choices then.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Etk
    Right, fixed the fonts in the info bars so they should show properly now:
    screenshot-13.jpg
    screenshot-12.jpg

Any other issues people are finding? I'll post the latest files if it's all looking ok now.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    But the existing options to change all colours will still be there. So users have lots of choices then.
    We do, but users playing with a complicated xml file V creating simple graphics as background colours seems an easier option to me.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ETK, Love what you have done with the skin.
    Just wondering if it would be easy to replace the infobar with the second infobar (excluding the program info).
    I dont like the simple infobar as it doesnt have Sat Position or SNR that Id like to see all the time.
    I dont want to try different skins as Im 100% happy with the rest of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Etk View Post
    screenshot-13.jpg
    screenshot-12.jpg

Any other issues people are finding? I'll post the latest files if it's all looking ok now.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Etk View Post
    screenshot-13.jpg
    screenshot-12.jpg

Where is the fixed modified files used the ones in post 1 but still have issues in the info bar Thanks
    VU+Duo2 5.2.025

Title
    Thanks
    Install the plugin, software management, the text doesn't fit in the boxes anymore, can you put the files up so we can test for you

Thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Can you upload a screen shot to see if I have the same issue...

Ta

Quote Originally Posted by dalep View Post
    Install the plugin, software management, the text doesn't fit in the boxes anymore, can you put the files up so we can test for you

Thanks

Etk
    Here's the latest version of the skin.xml file, just needs to be copied into the Vix Night HD directory. I'll have a look at the new 3.0 image after the weekend and see where to go next...

@dfdream, is it just the sat info and SNR/AGC that you want in the 1stinfobar?

skin.zip

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Etk For This Useful Post:

Alanp (17-08-12)

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast