Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Sport or movie channel still scrambled

Title
    Thanks

Sport or movie channel still scrambled

Hello Friends/Experts,
    I bought a DREAM DM600 PVR and installed image on it, then I did a Transponder scan and managed to find about 900 service channels i.e. probably most of the channels are captured in the scan. But the problem is most of these channels are still shown as "no data source found for this channel" OR "this channel is still scrambled" i.e. not showing. These channels include ALL of Skysports and Sky Movies channels and several others.
    Can someone here tell me what is the reason for this?
    Would updating the image make any difference? as I am still using the old one found on official Dream channel?
    I am a total Noob/newbie with all this and would need someone to guide me step by step of what to do.
    Thanks for your patience in advance.
    Regards
    Skaali

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi
    do you have a valid subscription card ? for any of the channels your trying to watch ? ...if not then they wont be unscrambled !!!!
    Hope this helps
    Sloth

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SLOTH For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (24-08-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOTH View Post
    Hi
    do you have a valid subscription card ? for any of the channels your trying to watch ? ...if not then they wont be unscrambled !!!!
    Hope this helps
    Sloth
    Which subscription card, Sloth? i flashed the box with an imagine and then searched the relevant satellites which gave me list of channels, now some of them work some don't. Dont think we need a subscription card here.

Title
    V.I.P
    if i tell where i live am afraid ill have to kill you
    Thanks
    if you want to watch (eg movies or sports) you either have to have a valid sly or some other type card putting an image on your box will not open these channels up

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to notanotherone For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (24-08-10),Skaali (24-08-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by notanotherone View Post
    if you want to watch (eg movies or sports) you either have to have a valid sly or some other type card putting an image on your box will not open these channels up
    Where do i get these cards from, as I only want to see the sports channels, other channels are pretty much useless for me.

Thanks for your help

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    the bottom line is, the reciever can see all or most channels, on the various sats, but on its own, it can not decode encrypted channels, unless you own the relivent cards to open such channels
    you will be able to watch free to air channels, like bbc world on thor, or bbc on 28 east, some music channels on 13 east

keys when available also open some encypted channels, but at the moment, not a lot is open

but, the dreambox/VU+/technomate 9100 series are normally good, when keys are available, so you have bought the correct unit

how ever, you will do well to load a new image (operating system) the nabilosat blackhole or DreamElite would be best for a biginner like your self

baz
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by basilyoung View Post
    the bottom line is, the reciever can see all or most channels, on the various sats, but on its own, it can not decode encrypted channels, unless you own the relivent cards to open such channels
    you will be able to watch free to air channels, like bbc world on thor, or bbc on 28 east, some music channels on 13 east

keys when available also open some encypted channels, but at the moment, not a lot is open

but, the dreambox/VU+/technomate 9100 series are normally good, when keys are available, so you have bought the correct unit

how ever, you will do well to load a new image (operating system) the nabilosat blackhole or DreamElite would be best for a biginner like your self

baz
    A friend of mine has DREAM DM500+ and he is watching the sports and movies channels on it. So possibly the images are out it is just the matter of getting them. May be need to ask him where he got his box from.

Thanks Anyway.

jusaju
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaali View Post
    A friend of mine has DREAM DM500+ and he is watching the sports and movies channels on it. So possibly the images are out it is just the matter of getting them. May be need to ask him where he got his box from.

Thanks Anyway.
    Hi
    He is watching them by original subs or C/S.
    No other way.

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    ask your freind how he is decoding...he no doubt will tell you, and all will be clear to you..its nothing to do with where he bought the unit
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    As has been said. The box will not decode encrypted channels without being told to. You will need to own the card yourself, or know someone else who does. No more information can be given that that. Talking any further than this about decrypting these channels will incur an infraction, and could lead to a banning...

I know this sounds harsh, but we need to be strict on this...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pooface For This Useful Post:

basilyoung (24-08-10),dr3sl2 (07-06-14),grtmoby (24-08-10),Sicilian (25-08-10),SLOTH (24-08-10)