Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Changing from TV to Radio mode

Title
    Thanks

Changing from TV to Radio mode

There's a blue button on my remote labelled TV/RADIO, but I seem to be having trouble with it because I can't get any radio channels to play or even appear in my channel list. I know there are radio channels on the satellites I'm looking at, and I'm pretty sure they fleetingly appeared when I scanned the transponders that contain them, but now I can't find any of them.

I'm not talking about encrypted channels; only FTA radio channels.

My blue TV/RADIO button works OK in providing other functions on other screens, so the button itself can't be faulty.

What could I have missed? When you press your blue button, do you see your TV lists change to radio lists? Or is there some other preparatory sequence I need to go through first?

Appreciate any feedback on using the TV/RADIO button.

Title
    Thanks
    Well I've now heard from another source that applying any patches effectively kills the Mini's radio facility. Does this make sense? If this is correct, how could I completely "unpatch" my Mini? Would "Factory reset" do the trick perhaps?

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
    Well I've now heard from another source that applying any patches effectively kills the Mini's radio facility. Does this make sense? If this is correct, how could I completely "unpatch" my Mini? Would "Factory reset" do the trick perhaps?
    I doubt that the patch would do this, and if it did, a factory reset should sort it
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply basilyoung. I've also been thinking a factory reset might sort it so I've now tried that, but when I press the blue TV/RADIO button, I still get the same little message window popping up saying "Not available", This despite my having rescanned a transponder that I know has radio channels on it. I'd be interested to know if you and other patched users are also seeing this same "Not available" message when you press your blue button.

What I'm seeing is that each time I do a Factory Reset, my satellite list reverts to the previous one I'd saved, it doesn't go back to the original factory loaded list, so each time I try it, I lose just one of my total of 5 newly entered birds. That's all.

But Factory Reset has no effect on my Firmware Version. It only appears to reset my database. I had previously loaded the latest Aquila F/W Version 1_0_1677216_5379215 Build date Mar 14 2012 17:04:12, which I imagine is the same as most other members here have, and I'm still stuck on this version.

My theory (admittedly this is only guesswork on my part) is that Aquila's patches somehow redeploy the s/w area that was used for radio to provide all the Super Setting facilities like C/S, CCcam etc. Since I don't need these Super Setting facilities at the moment, what I need to do now to get radio working (that's if my theory is correct), is reload original unpatched factory firmware. Question is where can I find a copy of that?

Appreciate any thoughts or comments 'cos as a newbie to the Eaglebox, I'm not at all sure if my thinking is on the right lines or not.

Title
    Thanks
    is there anyone here who can actually get radio channels on their Mini? It's startng to look increasingly likely that I'm going to have to "undo'" the Aquila patch I installed, and for that I'm going to need a copy of the original Mini unpatched firmware. Where could I find a copy? Any ideas?

Title
    Thanks
    Here's an update on my above earlier posts:

I've now had two reports that even an unpatched Mini can't store or play radio channels, so the earlier suggestion I'd relayed here that lack of radio is the result of patching appears to be incorrect. Sorry about the misinformation. This is now looking more like a bug in the original firmware than a patch issue.

Consequently I'm no longer interested in trying to get a copy of the original firmware because that appears to be flawed anyway.

Next question is how does one go about reporting a bug?