Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VIX 2.4 build 96 - some issues (very sad face!)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Clearmem is indeed about RAM. and it is quite normal for a Linux-system to use almost all memory; so normally that shouldn't worry you.
    I think you're on the right track to find out what caused your root to be full. Webbrowser installed? that does such a thing.
    hi Rob,
    Not sure if webbrowser is the same thing as OpenWebif, if not, then no, was not installed.
    Project Valerie 1260 was thou. Maybe all those 00's of posters filled up the root space and clogged up the RAM as well.
    I will stay away from PV for a while.
    GigaBlue Quad, Vu+ Duo 2TB HDD
    Panasonic Viera 55VT30 and Panasonic Viera TH-42PV60E
    W.H.E.N. multi-room system from Audioaccess, Xbox 360 kinect
    Pioneer VSX 1017AV with Definitive Technology Speakers + Yamaha SubWoofer NS-SW700
    Logitech Duet, Harmony remotes 900, 1100, LaCie Network Space 2
    HP Mediasmart Connect (which streams recordings from Vu+Duo HDD thru MiniDLNA client of VIX)
    (SKY HD+ Box, Kaon HD boxes in the drawers! )

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    About clearmem: this plugin is only meant to solve issues that are not supposed to be there (if you understand what I mean). It is a last resort to overcome memory related problems. So as long as no memory issues are being observed I would advise to deactivate the plugin.

For the rest: glad to see that your box seems to be fine now.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mauri View Post
    hi Rob,
    Not sure if webbrowser is the same thing as OpenWebif, if not, then no, was not installed.
    Project Valerie 1260 was thou. Maybe all those 00's of posters filled up the root space and clogged up the RAM as well.
    I will stay away from PV for a while.
    No, webbrowser is a different thing.
    PV should not fill flash. But I didn't use it for quite some time now, and of course bugs can always occur. Anyway: you seem to be able to find your way around problems, so that's good

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    just a quick update;

Almost 36 hours without a single crash! Believe me, this a personal record of mine!

Again, thank you all for helping out.

And a BIG THANK YOU to all the programmers and testers for bringing to us a very good image! Keep up the good work guys!
    Cheers
    Pioneer VSX 1017AV with Definitive Technology Speakers + Yamaha SubWoofer NS-SW700
    HP Mediasmart Connect (which streams recordings from Vu+Duo HDD thru MiniDLNA client of VIX)

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mauri For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (18-05-12),Maxwell (18-05-12),Rob van der Does (18-05-12),Silent (18-05-12)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    No, webbrowser is a different thing.
    PV should not fill flash. But I didn't use it for quite some time now, and of course bugs can always occur. Anyway: you seem to be able to find your way around problems, so that's good
    Days without a crash, till when I installed Project Valerie. When tried to go the 'Videos' submenu of PV the box crashed and restarted.
    Tried again, the same thing happened. Decided to uninstall PV (with the help of DCC E2 since from the Duo Pluggins menu it did not show when pressed the red button - to remove it). Once I uninstalled it, the box did kept going on the start/crash loop. I hard booted it, but no success. Now I am reflashing it again.
    The only plugin installed before PV was airplayer which was running ok. Seems that PV does not like Airplayer, or VIX 2.4 latest build does not like PV at all.
    Whatever the reason is, seems that I will need to live without Project Valerie, which is a real shame because it seems to be the only decent 'Media Center'-like movie center for my Duo.
    Any suggestions to alternatives of Project Valerie would be very much appreciated.

cheers

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Project Valerie is a pretty unique plugin & I know of no other plugin that has similar functions so I both love & hate it...
    It works fine on a default VIX install, it's when you play with deleting/changing PV DB entries that it messes up.
    Best reporting any issues on their issue tracker.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

mauri (04-06-12)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Exactly: please don't blame us on problems caused by PV........

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Project Valerie is a pretty unique plugin & I know of no other plugin that has similar functions so I both love & hate it...
    It works fine on a default VIX install, it's when you play with deleting/changing PV DB entries that it messes up.
    Best reporting any issues on their issue tracker.
    It was a clean install, no DB deletion. Actually the DB was there (posters, descriptions etc).

By the way, PV is not in the VIX plugins anymore, since months actually.

@ Rob, I am not blaming VIX or anyone for that matter. I just like PV and wanted so much to have it, while on VIX 2.4. And no, I will not switch back to VTI - although PV worked nicely with it.
    Anyways, i will try another reflash and install PV as the only plugin and see where it takes me.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauri View Post
    It was a clean install, no DB deletion. Actually the DB was there (posters, descriptions etc).

By the way, PV is not in the VIX plugins anymore, since months actually.

@ Rob, I am not blaming VIX or anyone for that matter. I just like PV and wanted so much to have it, while on VIX 2.4. And no, I will not switch back to VTI - although PV worked nicely with it.
    Anyways, i will try another reflash and install PV as the only plugin and see where it takes me.
    I Have not used Valerie for a long time but we did discuss removing it from the feeds ( although i'm not sure if we did or not - not looked to be honest ) due to the problems it always caused when users hit the online update button in Valerie, and hence it not being fully compatible with ViX. Sadly this is one of those times where the plugin needs to be fixed / modified by it's authors for it to be compatible with the image and until that time comes we are unlikely to continue to carry it in the feeds.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    I Have not used Valerie for a long time but we did discuss removing it from the feeds ( although i'm not sure if we did or not - not looked to be honest ) due to the problems it always caused when users hit the online update button in Valerie, and hence it not being fully compatible with ViX. Sadly this is one of those times where the plugin needs to be fixed / modified by it's authors for it to be compatible with the image and until that time comes we are unlikely to continue to carry it in the feeds.
    Yeah, fair enough, I guess.
    What about any similar plugins that work ok with VIX? ie. Xtrend Media Center V1.0? I know it is a different STB, but since it is running on E2, maybe it works for Duo on VIX?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    rob is always on the look for useful plugins that work well with the ViX image and frequently adds them to his third party feeds for the image. if you find something like that, which you think would be beneficial let him know.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    rob is always on the look for useful plugins that work well with the ViX image and frequently adds them to his third party feeds for the image. if you find something like that, which you think would be beneficial let him know.
    And I read here as well
    I tried that plugin but it doesn't work on VU-boxes.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (04-06-12),mauri (04-06-12)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    And I read here as well
    I tried that plugin but it doesn't work on VU-boxes.
    I know you do but i'm sure you would not object to any one approaching you directly with a plugin of interest ? after all even i cant read every single post on the forum even though i pretty much live here.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I know you do but i'm sure you would not object to any one approaching you directly with a plugin of interest ?
    Absolutely no objection at all

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (04-06-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Anyone got Airplayer 2.4 plugin working? With VIX 2.4 on VU+ Duo it starts the service, but IPAD and IPHONE don't find it. On VIX 2.3 it worked perfectly. Any ideas?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast