Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Technomate TM-5302 HD Hints and tips

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks

Thumbs up Technomate TM-5302 HD Hints and tips

Thought I'd start a thread with some useful hints and tips for ease of use

1) Press Yellow, then green button to perfrom online software update. If using orignal softweare, original will be updated. If using Phantom patch software, latest Phantom will be installed.
    2) Press Yellow, then yellow button to download latest motorised channel list.
    3) View Youtube by pressing Menu > USB > Youtbue.
    4) Access XXX Channels by pressing Menu > USB > Highlight Youtube then enter code 1149 and Extra Stations menu will appear Not for the feint hearted

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gonzo For This Useful Post:

cj1 (19-03-15),kkd9 (11-05-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for that Gonzo. I take it that the receiver has to be connected to the modem. My wireless modem is in the loft and the receiver is two floors down in the lounge. This is fine for my laptop, but ethernet connection to the receiver is out of the question. Is there another way to connect my TM5302HD to the internet?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Typo in first post, should have been press Yellow button.

digi247
    Just a shame there is not a decent channel editor out for this box yet

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Silcilian for that tip. I managed to connect the box to the internet using the ethernet cable and can get updates, youtube etc. I tried to use iDreamX to edit satellite/responder and channels from my laptop (wirelessly connected to the same modem). But the iDreamX says it cannot find the receiver. The receiver is clearly there and it can communicate with the modem. What else do I have to do to make iDreamX (from my laptop) to talk to the box?
    Many thanks in advance

digi247
    Quote Originally Posted by DHM View Post
    Thanks Silcilian for that tip. I managed to connect the box to the internet using the ethernet cable and can get updates, youtube etc. I tried to use iDreamX to edit satellite/responder and channels from my laptop (wirelessly connected to the same modem). But the iDreamX says it cannot find the receiver. The receiver is clearly there and it can communicate with the modem. What else do I have to do to make iDreamX (from my laptop) to talk to the box?
    Many thanks in advance
    I am afraid that iDreamX will not work with the 5302HD as it is a closed source box and Non Linux.

Title
    Thanks
    Having used TM5302HD for a few weeks, I know realise that a box without a channel editor is as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike. Why do they sell such rubbish? I wish I had done my homework before buying this heap of junk. Does this mean you only must buy a Linux-based receiver to benefit from editor? May be I could write my own editor. Any ideas where I could start?

digi247
    Quote Originally Posted by DHM View Post
    Having used TM5302HD for a few weeks, I know realise that a box without a channel editor is as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike. Why do they sell such rubbish? I wish I had done my homework before buying this heap of junk. Does this mean you only must buy a Linux-based receiver to benefit from editor? May be I could write my own editor. Any ideas where I could start?
    A Channel editor was promised i think either this month or next month not too sure, The 5402HD has a channel editor but not the 5302

Title
    Thanks
    never used any channel editor on my tm's i just use the edit option in the menu takes a bit of time but works fine

Title
    Thanks
    The edit option is fine for minor changes but not if you want to make a whole sale change, such the long update lists you download from FastSatFiner.com.
    Also it is not possible to add/remove satellites with edit menus. Even if it were possible, it would be impractical to add a new satellite and some 80 transponders using the remote control. There is no sensible substitute to a channel editor. TM would be wise to stop dragging their feet and show respect to the wishes if their customers.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DHM For This Useful Post:

thijs (10-05-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Newbie hello to everyone just bought technomate hd 530 connected to net with wifi dongy updated with green button and now got YouTube listed.I click on it and it takes me to main page but nothing happens tried everything including the tips listed in this forum but nothing it just sits there. Can somebody please advise I would really appreciate it.

Title
    Thanks
    Can you please help I am new to this game tried the settings you mentioned but nothing it connects to YouTube but I get no pictures or nothing it just sits there until I exit back to menu.I have tried connecting to modem direct and same thing happens so it rules out the wifi dongle I think.I would really appreciate your advice

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Check your IP settings in the receiver.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I have loaded patche and softcams can you help with what to do next, thanks>

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Thought I'd start a thread with some useful hints and tips for ease of use

1) Press Yellow, then green button to perfrom online software update. If using orignal softweare, original will be updated. If using Phantom patch software, latest Phantom will be installed.
    2) Press Yellow, then yellow button to download latest motorised channel list.
    3) View Youtube by pressing Menu > USB > Youtbue.
    4) Access XXX Channels by pressing Menu > USB > Highlight Youtube then enter code 1149 and Extra Stations menu will appear Not for the feint hearted

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast