Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Guide - Is It A Clone? / How To Claim Through Paypal

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Guide - Is It A Clone? / How To Claim Through Paypal

If you are as stupid as me and bought a clone, and you are as stubborn as me and demand you get ALL your money back including postage; then this guide is for you......

First before I start a bit of advice, now that I have been through the very stressful process of buying a clone and getting my money back, save yourself the trouble and hassel, buy from the forum sponsors - http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...you get what you pay for.

And secondly a big thankyou to Stef and all the staff at World-of-Satellite, who without their help I would not have gotten my money back, thanks a million.

On with guide.....

Is it a clone? If you have paid less than the going rate it is more than likely a clone, no exceptions. I phoned the dealer and asked outright before I bought, he said 'It is a GENUINE vu+duo'......still a clone and I paid £270. Here are some pictures so you can compare the box you bought, yours may not be the same!

4.JPG

The box on the top is the clone

2.JPG

The box on the right is genuine, note the box on the inside containing the accessories

sticker.JPG

Stickers placed on the box and instruction booklet directing you to the counterfeiters website

ebay.JPG

Inside a clone

genuine.JPG

Inside a genuine vu+ duo

The next part of the guide is if you paid through Paypal. If not, and you paid by credit card you still have protection but you will have to claim through your credit card firm.

Now that you have confirmed that it is a clone, you can ask for a return. The problem with this is, the seller usually expects you to pay for the return postage, and in some cases the original postage aswell. The decision is yours but if you decide to return the item, make sure you ask for a return through Paypal (the seller has already proved they are not to be trusted).

Now if your like me, stubborn, there is no way I'm going to be out of pocket when I have done nothing wrong. This is the what you will have to do:

1) Check the advertisment does not state or imply anywhere that it is fake, they may say it is a 'vu+ duo ce' (the ce stands for chinese edition). If it does not and they have advertised as genuine proceed with a claim.

2) Paypal will tell you to prove it is a counterfeit. Before they do start to gather your evidence, take photos of the box it came in, the outside of the unit (including the sticker) and the inside.

3) Next you have to find an authorised dealer who will give you written proof that the box is a fake (send your photos), they must state how it differs from an original, how they are qualified and contact details on letter headed paper. This must be signed and dated, then faxed to paypal when requested. Most dealers will help as they do not want clone's being sold. I have attached two draught letters to assist you and the dealer who has agreed to help.

4) When paypal have verified the box is fake, they will send you a letter to sign (stating the box has been destroyed) and return by fax.

5) After all this Paypal should refund you everything including postage and best of all the seller does not get their clone back!

Hope this guide helps and good luck, but remember if you have not yet bought a box, save yourself the hassle and buy a genuine one from World-of-Sattelite
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to gedclarke For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

abynk (23-05-14),bassethound (23-03-12),bigbaz (31-12-12),cactikid (22-08-15),chimpy07 (12-09-13),gekko1ro (17-05-13),judge (22-03-12),Larry-G (22-03-12),mark1500 (26-12-13),mcquaim (22-03-12),Mr. Mister (22-03-12),pembo (21-08-15),punisher (22-03-12),Sicilian (23-03-12),silverfox0786 (22-03-12),vuduo123 (10-04-12),world-of-satellite.co.uk (23-03-12),xarqi (29-03-12),XRD (22-03-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Thanks for that

i made it a sticky
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

4. The Following User Says Thank You to silverfox0786 For This Useful Post:

gedclarke (22-03-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Excellent post, I took 25 photos of my cloned box (every part from every angle!) so if you want me to put anything up give me a shout. Luckily for me the retailer did not dispute my paypal claim and I just need to return the box before receiving a full refund. Great guide.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to XRD For This Useful Post:

gedclarke (22-03-12)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Nice post & photos, thank you.
    Would be good to get SOLO & other models, with pics added like this.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

gedclarke (22-03-12)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    nice thread, can you upload a photo of the rs232 cable and pcb so users know what to look for ?. although i have been told that some distributors are no longer shipping the boxes with these but flashing the Security IC update them selves.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    nice thread, can you upload a photo of the rs232 cable and pcb so users know what to look for ?. although i have been told that some distributors are no longer shipping the boxes with these but flashing the Security IC update them selves.
    Sorry, I never got the rs232 cable and pcb. If you go to the false website, there is a guide on how to flash and there are pictures of the cable and pcb on that (there is also a version of VIX, cheeky bas***ds). If you want me to send the pdf and files to you let me know.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gedclarke For This Useful Post:

bassethound (23-03-12),Larry-G (22-03-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Bottom and top of mini PCB I received, plus serial cable.

hhLaW.jpg

AXJVb.jpg

qJjXX.jpg

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to XRD For This Useful Post:

bassethound (23-03-12),gedclarke (22-03-12),Larry-G (22-03-12),Sicilian (23-03-12)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    no thats fine mate i know what they look like i was just thinking for new users it would be helpful. also it looks like i was rite about some distributors holding onto the rs232 cable and pcb.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

gedclarke (22-03-12)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by XRD View Post
    Bottom and top of mini PCB I received, plus serial cable.

hhLaW.jpg

AXJVb.jpg

qJjXX.jpg

Thats them bud. cheers for the pics.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    It would be nice to have a wall of shame, name and shame I say.
    There are still plenty selling their clones about.
    Great guide just hope when mine arrives on Monday its the real deal.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    nice to see this post is still in force