Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Picture Quality Issue on Enigma boxes with LED TVs

Title
    Thanks

Picture Quality Issue on Enigma boxes with LED TVs

I a little stuck with my new ET6000, picture quality. I have found that the HD picture is very good but the SD is very poor. I have the setting as 1080i played about with the Video enhancement setting, turned of video enhancement on the TV LG 47inch LED. Also downloaded the auto resolution plugin which has not made much of a difference.

I know that its not the best picture it can be because when I plug the old box (AZbox Premium HD) the picture HD & SD is excellent. Love all the other things on the box, VIX image is the ONE, speed is lightning quick but the SD image is very poor.

The picture in SD is not sharp at all. Looks like you are looking through a tinted galss. The writing (logo and feed along the bottom) on the news channels look very pixelated. I would have to say its worst then the Sly box.

I have been told that this could be because I have a LED TV and E2 boxes work best with plasma TVs. Apparently the SD image with Enigma boxes is not very good on LCD or LED TVs. I just need to check if this could be the case.

I have heard many people says the image is excellent but what type of TVs do you have? Does anyone have a LED which has good SD picture? Is there any setting I should tinker with to try and fix this. Not sure what all the picture settings change.

Need to decide if I keep the box so want to find out if it can be fixed or I go back the the Az.

Many thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    i have a LED TV and watch alot of SD Channels

although i see the difference as you say but i tweeked the TV settings to bring it up a little

i think yr best option would be to set to

movie mode and vivid colour

tweek and play with tv settings see what you get
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the quick response. Have tried both setting like you said on the TV but I thing the standard still is best. Going to keep tinkering with it to find a decent picture. Even dark scenes in HD have lots of 'noise'. Have you ever seen it preform better on another type of TV (LCD or Plasma) compared to your LED?

I think its a sharpness or scaling issue. Is there somewhere on the Xtrend (VIX) where I can tweak these?

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox0786 View Post
    i have a LED TV and watch alot of SD Channels

although i see the difference as you say but i tweeked the TV settings to bring it up a little

i think yr best option would be to set to

movie mode and vivid colour

tweek and play with tv settings see what you get

Title
    Thanks
    i have to agree Plasma does give a crisper picture

i have 3 tvs plasma led and lcd and in this order i find quality of picture

plasma
    lcd
    led

5. The Following User Says Thank You to silverfox0786 For This Useful Post:

amar786 (17-03-12)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    Now thats interesting.... Woulda expected led to be top wiv the damn cost of those things.
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks mate, Really useful. Need to confirm if there was something about the box not LED.

I see you have a Solo as well. Is the any better on the LED or is it the same issue?

Have you tried a non Enigma box like the Azbox

Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox0786 View Post
    i have to agree Plasma does give a crisper picture

i have 3 tvs plasma led and lcd and in this order i find quality of picture

plasma
    lcd
    led

Title
    Thanks
    True, It cost me a fair few bucks. With the Azbox it has crystal clear HD picture an the best SD picture I have ever seen. Shame you can not up its processor so it can be a half decent when it comes to speed.

Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    Now thats interesting.... Woulda expected led to be top wiv the damn cost of those things.

Title
    Thanks
    never did try the solo on the led but sound on the lcd

and also the non linux boxes that i have

never actually ever hooked them up to a led tv

they get used on the lcd tv

Title
    Thanks
    Does anyone know how o enable the 1080p for the E6000 through the VIX image or another image?

Many thanks

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    You can enable it in the Autoresolution plugin, also you will get nowhere near the picture quality of a decent calibrated plasma with an LCD TV, an LED TV is actually a LCD and the reference to LED is merely the method of backlighting used.
    For best results with any TV it is normally recommended to turn off any of the TV's inbuilt processing effects as they generally cause more problems than they cure.
    Take a look at this post here if you wish to attempt a bit of your own calibration, obviously ignore the bit about flashing images.
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post121433

EDIT forgot to say on your image turn the scaler sharpness down if you are getting pixellated writing on screen.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxwell For This Useful Post:

amar786 (18-03-12)