Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick noobie setup guide using latest Team Red image from 17-02-12

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts

Thumbs up Quick noobie setup guide using latest Team Red image from 17-02-12

Just flashed latest Team Red image so thought I put together a quick setup guide to help a newbie user get a working TV Guide and 7 Day EPG.

1. Download image from here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-2012-HD800-SE
    2. Follow this flashing guide http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...Blue-HD-800-SE
    3. After image is flash and receiver has rebooted, remove the usb stick used for flashing.
    4. Go through the initial startup wizard setting your TV output, satellite dish setup and so on.
    5. Transfer settings/bouquets using this guide http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...o-using-DBEdit or alternatively perform a satellite scan.
    6. Hold down standby button on remote and select Restart Giga_FW.
    7. Connect a storage USB stick or HDD.
    8. Press Blue > Red for System Utility.
    9. Select Manages devices.
    10. Select Setup and set to EXT3 and press exit.
    11. Select Storage device press OK, select AUTO and the device will be formatted. When complete exit out of all screens.
    12. Hold down standby button on remote and select Restart Giga_FW.
    13. Setup CrossEPG. Menu > Setup > Crossepg.

13a.Configure. Using left & right buttons either side of OK set the EPG location to hardisk or USB. Other settings in this screen can remain as default for the purpose of this guide. Change scheduled download to once a day as for most users this is enough. Set scheduled download time.
    13b. Press red for back..
    13c. Select Update rytec providers and press ok.
    13d. Select Update XEPGDB providers and press ok.
    13e. Select the EPG source that you want to use for EPG data. Do not select more than what you actually use and need as selecting too many will cause memory issues. For the purpose of this guide we will select Open TV Providers > highlight open TV (astra 28.2), press OK to enable this provider and GREEN tick will appear.
    13f. Press RED for BACK.
    13g. Select download now.Crossepg will now download EPG data. Be patient and let it finish then the EPG that you selected will be populated.
    13h. Hold down standby button on remote and select Restart Giga_FW. Upon re-start pressing Guide on remote should give you EPG data for channel currently being viewed.

14. Install CoolTVGuide. Press blue button > Press Blue again for Addons Manager. Download Addons > EPG_Plugins > Select CoolTVGuide 5.6.0 press OK to install.
    15. Once installed, hold down standby button on remote and select Restart Giga_FW.
    16. Menu Plugins > CoolTVGuide > Press Green and set Long OK press to zap + exit if required.
    16a. Press Yellow > Set start TV Guide with Red Button to YES. Press RED to save settings. Now exit out of all screens.
    16b. Hold down standby button on remote and select Restart Giga_FW.

17. On reboot test TV guide by pressing RED. Provided your followed this guide correctly you should have full EPG data.

Hope this helps some members
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

bassethound (24-02-12),emkwrx (24-02-12),forgotpassword (01-03-12)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    hi, just tried to flash this image ,but all i get is done when its loaded ,with no reboot or anything ,help ,complete newbee here.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ok ,got to number 11 ,can't seem to find storage device ,or is my drive not showing up.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Works fine here with a number of usb sticks. Try connecting the usb stick then rebooting the receiver and going to step 9 again.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    still no joy ,used 3 different usb drives ,all formatted fat 32 ,no drives recognised ,where should the option to select storage divice be .ive selected ,ext3 saved and exit then gone back in but nothing showing ,sorry

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    See screenshot.

Blue button > System Utility > Manage Devices > My USB stick is recognised as USB-Pen Setup (sda1)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    no my picture is just the 2 cogs ,and only displays the setup spanner,might try to reflash the image ,

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    I've tested 3 sandisk sticks, pre formatted FAT32 first. They appear no probs. I then format them EXT3 as per the guide.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    what do you recommend i do ,as i have no idea ,ver new to this way of doing things ,should have baught the blade lol.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    What are you connecting? USB stick? USB HDD? Check the steps your are taking.

Did you flash this image? http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-2012-HD800-SE
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    If your using a USB harddisk. Go to Menu > Setup > Harddisk > Initialize.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yea thats the 1 i flashed ,have used 3 usb sticks now ,i will start again in the morning ,had enough for now thanks for your help.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    all sorted now ,with cool guide running ,looks stunning to ,i'm very happy now ,thanks for all the support got there in the end ,i think i owe a donation

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, yup me again..
    As with others I get to Step 13
    I have inserted the disk/drive, tried both front and rear, tried ext2 and 3 in set up, remembering to restart GB firmware at ever stage, I have formatted as instructed, however at the above stage when I go into menu/setup/CrossEPG and select configure, at "storage Device it reads Internal flash (suggested) On the next message box is the message "please read, No disk found, an hard drive or an usb pen is hardily suggested, if you still want to use your internal flash pay attention" it then gives 2 reasons why no to use flash.

I have tried various disks up to a 300gb sata with a generic case, 64, 32,and 16 mb flash drives, I tried mounting..all to no avail.
    Their is a message about setting the "mounted image" to read write" however their apprears to be nowhere to change such settings,

Any ideas..surly they can not all be incomparable..

Cheers G

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast