Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just an is this normal question

Title
    Thanks

Just an is this normal question

Hi All,

This is my first Enigma box and all is going well, but I have one query....

When I power the box up or take out of standby I usually have to go up and down the channels until I get a picture SNR shows 0 but after filicking up and down the channels, the first time it hits a signal then I can open up any channel afterwards (this is Normal UK freeview). TBH I can live with it but Just wanted to know if this is normal as I couldnt find anything about it on the forum.

ET6000 Using latest VIX Image.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    I can't speak for the 6000, but that is certainly no normal behaviour.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    i dont think thats normal, as it doesnt happen on my et5k, et9k or uno lol are you using any cams, plugins? you using a FTA card or anything?
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    Thanks
    It seems as though the tuner has to warm up as once it gets going its ok, It was also coming up tune failed all the time when flicking through so I went into settings and set Hide Zap Errors dunno if this helps identify the problem any.
    done a bit more testing and also same happens when playing a file through the media player then going back to sat channels.

It's a new box only got it last week from the forum sponsor preloaded with vix image and got everything else running perfectly just this last thing now.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    How are you putting it in standby? Are you pressing standby or shutting down the receiver by pulling power?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    I have cccam 2.2.1

Plugins are Cross EPG Downloader, Media Player, Media Scanner, OpenWebif,
    PicturePlayer, VLC Video Player

No cards

Standby using remote

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    So if you tune to BBC1 HD now, then put in standby and take out of standby there is no picture?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    just did that test and no picture, but if i go channel up/down until SNR gets any reading then go back to BBC1 its ok

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    What is your setup? Fixed/motor dish? Can you check the LNB with another receiver? also check the coax for any shorts.

I would re-flash the receiver http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...k-Kernal-3-0-1

Latest ViX http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post113091

Transfer a set of Enigma 2 settings/bouquets from here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/fo...gma-2-Settings

Guide to send settings http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...o-using-DBEdit

Then report back, do not install any plugins or softcams until tested.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Fixed dish using my Sky HD dish, everything worked as normal on the sky box but got rid of that now so cant re-test on that but I can go borrow another reciever to try also. I'll reflash and complete the tests also, thanks for the help
    Last edited by rus52; 19-02-12 at 11:32.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rus52 View Post
    I have cccam 2.2.1

Plugins are Cross EPG Downloader, Media Player, Media Scanner, OpenWebif,
    PicturePlayer, VLC Video Player

No cards

Standby using remote
    Thats your problem.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    ok finished testing.... didnt think i needed a card for the freeview channels though else they shouldnt work by changing the channel up/down?

re-flashed with fresh Vix image and loaded Bouquets by Silverfox = still getting the same on BBC1
    re-flashed again and let the box do an automatic scan of channels found BBC1 from the list and no good but up/down channels a few times then it worked. then Power off/On using the remote power button only and Tune failed, then the channel up/down worked to get it going again.
    tried the other sat cable (two cables in from the dish as the old sky box was twin tuner) into the box and still the same
    Tried a mates box (openbox) and no problems with that reciever.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi all,

Tried OpenPli and still the same issue, completed the same test by flashing the image then completing the setup wizard and letting the box do an automatic scan of channels. then from the TV button on the remote selecting a standard freeview channel and no SNR and no picture but after 20/30 seconds of flicking up/down the channels and the SNR appearing all the freeview channels work as they should.

Powering the box off (using the power button on the remote) then waiting 5 seconds then powering back on results in no picture again but power off then instantly back on the picture comes up straight away it seems that the tuner is not waking up correctly.

Sorry to be a nuisance with this just a little worried that it may be a faulty tuner?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Send a pm to the sponsor.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Ran this by Stef at WOS did one last test which was to try the box on someone else's sat dish and the box worked perfectly and the problem has ended up looking like it is my LNB.
    So i'm happy with that and jsut thought id post back here in case anyone else gets a similar problem.

Strange thing is though the dish/lnb worked perfectly with the old box so maybe just some sort of partial incompatibility, ahh well who cares a universal LNB is only around £10 and easy to change so that'll do me.
    ..... unless I can squirrel some cash away from the wife, order me a motorised dish from the sponsor then fit it while she's out
    hehe knowing me though id go flying n fall off the ladder trying to rush

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast