Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Turn off Audio Description

Title
    Thanks

Turn off Audio Description

Ive set the default audio to English, however it seems to always select the NAR option. How do I get this not being the default option where available?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi mate

Far as i remember when you change it on the channel this will remain your default however when the receiver reboots it resets the audio description again im not sure of any settings that turn this off period.

regards
    satmanbasil

Title
    Thanks
    When on a channel with NAR audio working simply PRESS the audio button and then change the Audio setting to the non NAR English option (repeat each time you come accross a channel with NAR activated) !

This will then store as default and you will not need to change it again in the future unless you reflash your receiver with another image...

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Markymark View Post
    Ive set the default audio to English, however it seems to always select the NAR option. How do I get this not being the default option where available?
    Make sure to also select "Prefer AC3" in the Audio Selection meno.
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    Press menu/setup/system/auto language selection/

Select your Audio Language 1
    Set Prefer AC3 to Yes
    Set Prefer Audio Stream Stored by Service to No

Press Green (OK)
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Antisocial (23-06-15),barry2012 (16-11-14),bazigar007 (15-10-16),CU CHULAINN THE BRAVE (02-07-16),f1mad (22-04-13),grash (21-07-14),gumboots (08-01-19),January_King (23-01-16),junglist68 (21-09-16),ngc.ie (04-02-19),rawson (29-07-14),s1m0nw (03-03-12),sinky50 (08-06-14),swiggle (01-04-12),thedogshongers (20-03-16)

Title
    Thanks

Technomate combo 3t bug

Whenever i turn off narrative mode the picture or what ever am watching crashes i turn over channel then turn back and turn narative mode off
    it crashes again done what punisher said hopefully it works

Sorry just realised this section is about the vu- box
    Last edited by barry2012; 28-10-14 at 15:17.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barry2012 View Post
    Whenever i turn off narrative mode the picture or what ever am watching crashes i turn over channel then turn back and turn narative mode off
    it crashes again done what punisher said hopefully it works

Sorry just realised this section is about the vu- box
    Do you have any crash logs associated with these events ? And if so please upload them so we can try to see what's happening.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    No theres no logs theres Strange what happened thou as its audio
    its like watchin sky 1 then narrative kicks in so i press audio then go down to turn it off
    then the program stalls only when turn over and back to sky 1 back to narrative wont let
    me go to mpeg english, was wondering i Had the tec-nano oe backup
    when i got new combo i plugged usb from other nano into it done restore weather i have done wrong

Title
    Thanks

Exclamation Can't find the audio button?

Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post

Set Prefer AC3 to Yes

Press Green (OK)
    Hi my remote has menu / installation/ main settings/tool/network where can I find audio please.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidmoto View Post
    Hi my remote has menu / installation/ main settings/tool/network where can I find audio please.
    Are you using ViX?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Hello Andy I am using an arriva s300 (furguson)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post

Set Prefer AC3 to Yes

Press Green (OK)
    Hi i have just recently started getting voice over on some channels my audio settings are like you mentioned above but it makes no difference.. when i click audio button on remote i only have the NAR option.. im about to do a factory reset as its really p!ssing me off.. any other ideas ??

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by serval View Post
    Hi i have just recently started getting voice over on some channels my audio settings are like you mentioned above but it makes no difference.. when i click audio button on remote i only have the NAR option.. im about to do a factory reset as its really p!ssing me off.. any other ideas ??
    Same here. Just randomly started happening last week on my box that died on me a day later. Bought a new box today from WOS and the same NAR is on with some HD channels and no way to turn the annoying thing off.

I doubt a factory reset will solve since many have this issue.

Hope someone can help us??

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    This is a year old thread. (actually started nearly 6 years ago.)

Try a more recent one....... http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...irgin-channels