Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Apple to pay cash for old Macs, PCs

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts

Apple to pay cash for old Macs, PCs

Apple has launched a recycling programme enabling customers to exchange their old Mac, iPod, iPhone or iPad for cash.

The firm's Reuse and Recycling Programme, operated by Dataserv GmbH, allows users to fill out an online form stating the make and model of the device they want to recycle, along with other information.

They are then offered an on-screen price for the gadget, such as around £100 for a working iPad, £40 for an iPhone 3G or £63 for a 15-inch laptop. PCs are only accepted by the scheme if they can be reused and not just stripped down for parts.

Proceeding with the scheme means users are sent a pre-paid shipping label to return their device to Apple. After it has been received and checked, the money will be deposited in their bank account.

"Apple's commitment to the environment includes finding the most efficient ways to reuse or recycle electronic equipment at the end of its useful life, including iPhone, iPad, Mac or PC computers, and displays from any manufacturer," said the firm in a statement. "You may even get some money for your old equipment."

Various schemes are already available that recycle old gadgets, such as Mazuma Mobile and Envirofone; essentially selling them on as re-conditioned, second-hand products.

However, Apple's scheme covers the larger items, such as PC and laptops that have become out of date and often difficult to dispose of safely.

Any items that do not qualify as reuseable will still be taken by Apple in its free recycling schemes, but the owner will not receive any money.

"With the Reuse and Recycling Programme, you could turn your old equipment into a brand-new Mac, iPod, iPhone or iPad," said Apple.

"Whether it's an iPhone, iPad, Mac or PC computer, working or not, we'll take it and determine if it qualifies for reuse and has a monetary value.

"If it does, the amount will be credited directly into your bank account. If it doesn't, you can recycle it responsibly through one of our free recycling programmes."

Apple has recently been promoting its ethical credentials, including the release of its full supplier list as part of plans to offset criticism of working standards in its supply chain.
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (18-01-12)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Wow, that's generous of them... Around £100 for an ipad! If anyone is thinking of giving an ipad to apple for that much, then I think they should be more generous and offer it for that price on these forums! lol
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Thanks
    There is a saying in northern Ireland they must think we came down the river in a bubble!

Title
    Thanks
    Nothing like shafting your customers twice £100 for an ipad they must be taking the piss.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jcm193 View Post
    Nothing like shafting your customers twice £100 for an ipad they must be taking the piss.
    It says "around £100 for a working ipad"

That to me means "upto" £100.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    yup it's like those we buy any car adverts. they rely on people short of cash to sell their car or in this case phone / computer for almost nothing then they refurbish it and sell it on at a massive profit.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.