Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: How to setup CrossEPG downloader [28.2 only]

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,036 Times in 7,629 Posts

Thumbs up How to setup CrossEPG downloader [28.2 only]

Seen this asked many times so thought I'd put together a guide how to setup Crossepg to download and populate your EPG for 28.2E.

CrossEPG downloader obtains EPG data by two methods:
    • Signal stream for satellite [Sky UK (28.2e), Sky Italy (13.0e) and Ausat (156.0e)]
    • The internet for several satellite and cable providers

This guide is for 28.2 only.

Pre-requisites:

Ensure you have a storage device connected.

A mechanical HDD or USB flash drive is fine. The EPG data is not accessed constantly, so don't worry about killing the HDD. It is read at startup, kept in RAM and then written back on a proper shutdown/restart. If you only have a USB drive connected, it will be mounted as /media/hdd. Please leave it as it is, don't try to change the mount points!

Ensure you tuner configuration is correct.

CrossEPG downloader will use the last available tuner.
    The receivers do not have artificial intelligence. You must tell receiver what is connected to each and every tuner. The biggest mistake we have is people who have more than one tuner but only have one signal wire connected to the receiver. They however tell the receiver that all the tuners have signal wires connected.

The other issues are alignment or where people use splitters for universal LNBs. Every 28.2 tuner must be able to access the transponder (TP) used for the EPG data. For 28.2, this is 11778, vertical, 27500. Please check in Signal/sat finder that all tuners can access the transponder as pictured.
    1 ABM and CrossEPG 11778 satfinder.jpg

Ensure that you have an up-to-date channel database.
    The EPG data is cross-referenced with the service references. Either use AutoBouquetsMaker or perform a conventional Enigma2 scan.

Lets continue....

1. Press Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Settings. Using left & right buttons either side of OK set the EPG location to /media/hdd or /media/usb.
    Do not alter any of the other settings for the purpose of this guide.

2 EPG location.jpg

2. Press the Green button to save the changes. (You may need to restart the receiver if you get a nag about internal memory).

3. Now scroll down and highlight CrossEPG and then press OK.

3 select crossepg.jpg

4. Select Configure and press OK.

4 configure cross.jpg

5. Change scheduled download to once a day and set your desired time. (There is no need to select 04:00, pick a time that suits your viewing)

5 set time.jpg

6. Press the Green button to save the changes.

7. Scroll down to OpenTV providers and press OK

6 opentv providers.jpg

8. Select Sky UK OpenTV (Astra2 on 28.2) and press OK. You must have a green tick next to your chosen providers.

7 opentv providers.jpg

10. As we have not downloaded any EPG data yet, you can do so now. Selecting download on this screen/page downloads the highlighted option.

Ensure 28.2 is highlighted (saying this for those with more than one satellite configured) and then press Yellow button to download.
    If you only have one tuner, the screen will go black.

11. Press the Green button to save the changes.

12. Press the Red button to close this screen. Then exit out of all screens.

14. We have manually obtained EPG data in step 10 and also scheduled a "download". You can start a download at any time by the following:
    Press Blue button > Select Crossepg and press OK.

9 cross epg.jpg

As mentioned earlier, EPG data is written to the storage device at shutdown/restart. Do not just switch off by the rocker switch or pulling the power cable out. EPG data will always be saved provided your power down and reboot your receiver in the correct manner by pressing standby or holding down the standby button on your remote and selecting restart/deepstandy.

Trouble shooting:

Make sure your storage device is available at startup. Some people have "lazy" external HDDs that are not picked up during startup.
    USB flash drives on their way out sometimes go missing at startup.

Double check that all tuners can access the required transponder.

EPG data is held in RAM. You can try using the delete option within the load-save-delete menu. If this does not work, stop enigma2 with init 4 command then manually delete all copies of epg.dat. You will normally find this in /etc/enigma2 and root of storage device.

If that does not work, you can try this script/plugin on link below to remove the EPG data.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...890-Remove-EPG

If you still have problems, enable the debug log and restart the receiver. Repeat the process and then upload the debug log as an attachment to your thread.
    To enable debug logs, press Menu > System > Logs > Settings > Enable debug logs
    Change this to yes, press Green for OK and then restart.
    The default location for the logs is home/root/logs. In the attached screenshot, it has been changed to the HDD

10 logs.jpg
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 22-05-17 at 19:16.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, AX HD61 COMBO, ZGEMMA H9 TWIN, VU+ ULTIMO 4K
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (12-02-17),Andy_Hazza (12-02-17),badger (12-04-17),dayday (13-02-17),nasifkhan (23-08-17)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,036 Times in 7,629 Posts
    More info regards Crossepg: -

Running CrossEPG in flash will fill it up verry quickly and cause MAJOR issues, as even just using 28.2 as a data source can will use 60mb on first data pull, and grow each day, one of my receivers just using 28.2 is currently 102mb (this is the CrossEPG database NOT the epg.dat file).
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, AX HD61 COMBO, ZGEMMA H9 TWIN, VU+ ULTIMO 4K
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

4. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Andyman77 (29-12-12),boscad (16-03-17),busterbel (31-10-12),ChangyUK (12-12-15),ChrisC85 (24-10-15),cwebb66 (25-12-12),deano41 (10-03-12),gari (29-03-13),gaz31 (22-02-13),gaza2001 (30-09-12),grizzuk (04-03-14),huey45 (27-02-19),mailburner (07-08-13),mirecek1965 (01-05-12),nasifkhan (23-08-17),patmyhead (18-08-13),robin (10-08-14),satdown (13-11-15),Scoby (09-10-13),shax (13-07-17),Stu5 (04-06-14),Tunndoc (29-06-16)

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 473 Posts

Thumbs up How to setup 7 DAY EPG with Crossepg for Astra 28.2 Video Guide

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

6. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to world-of-satellite.co.uk For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

baz135 (10-05-15),blacky73 (22-07-15),cbk (06-06-17),Chalky270475 (11-10-16),cwebb66 (10-05-15),davers1875 (01-06-15),denis147 (19-11-15),edevs (13-05-15),eeza (15-09-15),gizmofreak (16-06-15),huey45 (27-02-19),iamSteve (16-05-15),jayzy1 (15-05-15),knotty78 (10-05-15),nasifkhan (23-08-17),Niteowl (10-08-16),p4ul (06-02-17),rjm41 (16-05-15),Salfordian (15-09-15),skeggylad2 (11-05-15),Snicka (11-05-15),snootyfox (08-10-15),thedogshongers (14-06-15),Timmo65 (11-05-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,142 Times in 6,220 Posts
    Please see this thread for a newer and alternative method:
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...K-epg-download