Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Xoom or Samsung tab??

Title
    Thanks

Xoom or Samsung tab??

Hi guys,
    Looking at getting Xoom or Samsung galaxy tab as need decent screen size tab.
    Just wondering if any of you have them and how you find them performance wise? Also main query is has anyone tried playing HD recordings/ live channels on these and how does the picture hold up with the dual core processor or does it stutter?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

ET8500
    80cm motorised triax TD88

Title
    Thanks
    OK iPad 2 added to list. Screen size bit of a drawback but am really looking more to hear how HD recordings and live HD channels stream to it? Know a lot of our own team here have an iPad so may sway towards that if it handles HD streams well.

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

ET8500

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    Well i stream a lot of stufffrom my et9k at home to my ipad2. I use dreambox live app which only streams in SD but on an ipad it looks HD anyway lol In my home network the stream is perfect. Outside my home network so far SD has stremed perfect. Im gonna stream the united game later today from my et9k n ill let u know how that goes. But i love my ipad and my daughter n mrs love it too. Really easy to use crystal clear display keyboard is awsome too
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    i have a ipad2 and it does what it's supposed to do but i personally find IOS very restrictive. other than that it works well.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Im waitin for a damn jailbreak lol
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    I have a Xoom and stream channels and play HD movies just fine. There's a great app call Dreamdroid which is a remote control and streaming app.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyturnip View Post
    I have a Xoom and stream channels and play HD movies just fine. There's a great app call Dreamdroid which is a remote control and streaming app.
    And that works with hd movies fine?

Using dreamdroid on my SGS2, and I get stuttering when streaming HD TV. Only works when using vplayer (think that's the app I used), but that stutters. SD works perfect, and looks great... Obviously could just be the power of the SGS2, or the fact it doesn't have > than 2.3.5 android... But don't think you'd be able to get HD working on android perfectly yet (even author of dreamdroid says it's a problem with android)...

But, I have seen the xoom available for £200 recently iirc, so I would say that's your best bang for buck...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyturnip View Post
    I know a lot of the dual core tabs have no issue playing HD movies locally but I'm wondering if you meant it plays HD movies locally just fine or streaming HD from box just fine?

D I S C L A I M E R

ET8500

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah, just to be clear I meant HD files locally. One of the biggest challenges for HD stream to tablets will be the speed of the wireless connection. I have a laptop that can only do it if I use 5ghz channel bonding mode, 2.4ghz just can't cut it and I am not sure which tablets (if any) support this.

Title
    Thanks
    Strange as my laptop streams HD perfectly with my 2.4 ghz router. Gonna decide which one to pick up tomorrow. If anyone can also test any form of HD streams with their iPad 2 or other tabs I would appreciate it too thanks

D I S C L A I M E R

ET8500

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Steph has the Xoom and thought it was too heavy. The samsung 10.1N is a nice looking tab but touch expensive at the moment but between the 2 I like the sammy as it looks better and is slimmer.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    iPad2 for President
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    Well got the samsung galaxy in end and have to say i am so impressed with it! Screen is so thin and so light and fab resolution n it. But alas hd streaming still does not work even on this from my et9000 although sd is perfect on it. Other than that though its quality!!!!

Ps stanman you must be psychic :-)

Sent from my Samsung 10.1 Galwaxy Tab using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

ET8500

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishchris View Post
    Well got the samsung galaxy in end and have to say i am so impressed with it! Screen is so thin and so light and fab resolution n it. But alas hd streaming still does not work even on this from my et9000 although sd is perfect on it. Other than that though its quality!!!!

Ps stanman you must be psychic :-)

Sent from my Samsung 10.1 Galwaxy Tab using Tapatalk
    From your keyboard to gods ears when I do the lottery this week

HD is an issue for all of the tabs I think as on my touchpad its not smooth and is quite juddery though as you have found SD is fine.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?