Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ? How to setup Oscam as cardreader ?

Title
    Thanks
    So you basically you telling me that it is only suitable for a minor group of people that are using it as a toy and not is for the majority no use.

I know the auto-didactic way since I was "playing" with the first Commodore 64, but that level was passed long time ago. Since the 8086 we evolved into user friendly interfaces and anything not complying will turn into a drop-out.

If I will be playing with the receiver in front my family with the excuse that this is the way how to get it working I will be requested to buy something serious or accept the risk of ending up on the closest railway track with a few short pieces of rope around my hands and legs.
    Last edited by Ezee; 20-12-11 at 20:44.
    VU+ Uno, VIX 2.3 , 1TB HDD WD Caviar Green
    Panasonic TX-L37DT35
    Visiosat SMC80 Quad Monoblock 4.3

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezee View Post
    So you basically you telling me that it is only suitable for a minor group of people that are using it as a toy and not is for the majority no use.

I know the auto-didactic way since I was "playing" with the first Commodore 64, but that level was passed long time ago. Since the 8086 we evolved into user friendly interfaces and anything not complying will turn into a drop-out.

If I will be playing with the receiver in front my family with the excuse that this is the way how to get it working I will be requested to buy something serious or accept the risk of ending up on the closest railway track with a few short pieces of rope around my hands and legs.
    no were absolutely not saying that, my 16 year old sister can quite sufficiently setup my uno from scratch. what we are saying is that these boxes need some user input to initially set them up and regular maintenance to keep them going, but once setup they can be operated as easily as any box by your services provider. I understand that for some one not used to these boxes they can be quite daunting especially as a new skills set is required but they will never be plug and play they are sold as hobbyist boxes and always have been.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Mate, i know its frustrating and when you start out you want it as simple as possible.

When you referring to open source, just because its open source it doesn't mean easily explained for the layman like me or you.

What you have asked to do it merely a by product of what can be run on a enigma based machine.

You need to learn the basics of what you want to do, then try try try and fail until you get it to do what you need it to.

I get mine to do what I need it to do, but the likes of the guy on here who compile images, that flies right over my head.

Your best ready what you can, then once you get stuck come back at what stage your stuck at other wise you will not learn anything.

Title
    Thanks
    I started in the cable scene and then moved to sat. I didn't know anyone who was into sat so i spent hundreds (literally) of hours reading everything i could on the subject.
    It was so different, the terminoligy for a start "var / etc / cams /tuxbox " etc made no sence to me but slowly i got the hang of it and bought a cheap dm500s to play with and asked a few questions when i got stuck.
    Now i can do just about anything i want to with vu's, dm's although i'm still far from being an expert.
    So my advise to you is do the same as i did and read and read some more and then ask when you don't know what to do next . It's the only way otherwise you will be on the forums asking for help everytime you have a little glitch with your box

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charliesen For This Useful Post:

Donnie (21-12-11),paul362 (23-12-11)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Open Source was meant to benefit everybody without the restrictions of commercial interests; sorry to conclude this but like this for most people you're not getting it done.....
    That's not true. Open source is a philosophy. It's purpose is so you can see what you are running, check it for errors bugs etc, and improve it or modify it as necessary. It's not got anything to do with copyright, or not being able to sell code commercially, it just means the code is available uncompiled.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Donnie (23-12-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I know it can be frustrating @first but to get something for nothing requires some knowledge and a lot of reading im afraid ! best to get started and once you master the basics (as stated earlier) you will find everything else just comes along easily from that point on.

good luck and happy viewing.
    Vu+Ultimo + Vu-Solo 1.1mtr Alloy dish + 60cm fixed, TM HH motor, hate footy LOVE motor-sport.

zerma
    I think the full subject here was so stupid....
    I totally got the point of the noob here...I believe he was close to understand, basically the question is, where do I put the file, how many file do I need to run oscam...but no one as clearly answered...even the person who pretended to have made a "clear guide" which took him hours...
    You know, i am expert on some fields, and thanks god, i am aware of what is the level of a beginner...requesting people to read for hundreds of hours is ridiculous...of course if someone come and ask 1000's of very very basic question such as "what is a transponder" ...u might get upset...but someone asking how to setup Oscam...is something else...

Myself, i installed the plugin, but now I wonder how to configure it so it will read my BisTV card.
    Yes I know i need to put some file in tutbox but which files and how to personalize it...got no clue...

im sure it would have taken 5min to an expert to explain properly...it was better than arguing over 10-15 messages to reach no help whatsoever...

I do keep in mind however that you do all this for free ...and that will always amaze me!

Title
    Thanks
    Google gives you bit's and pieces, I need the complete cake to suit my needs in noob step-by-step. But I have it sorted, someone from CCcamforum gave me a complete setting for my config needs.

So if anybody here wanna run Skylink on VU+ Uno with Oscam (Cccam cannot read this card) just as a card-reader I have the correct settings and files+locations to be made available.
    ...i have skylink irderto and vu+ solo 2 . Can you help me ? Thanks.

Prioryman
    At the end of the day this is a hobby to 99% of the people on here. With a hobby you red you play you learn. What hobby do you know that gives you everything "out of the box" and asking for "hold my hand, I don't understand how to do this" is wasting you time the the time of many on here.

My father in law who is 79 years of age spent 10 days reading all he could on here and other sites and installed and used firstly cccam and now oscam.

There are some of the friendliest people on here I have ever come across, but you will only EVER gain their trust by at least understanding the basic stuff.
    As for selling the box on the market as a working box..... it is for BASIC stuff and you are not asking for basic stuff. Without the likes of Andy and many others on here you/me/us would have nothing to plat with full stop.

I would suggest that rules could get broken here if you keep asking about oscam. Read the rules before you post next.

I will get off my box now......

John

Title
    Thanks
    Yet no one answered the poor guys question asked over 2 years ago ... I know many things aswell but if you want to know what they are I suggest you try googling .... stupid and arrogant attitude ... simples

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    before moving to oscam I used cccam and then mgcamd and now use oscam (wish I learnt earlier). when I went with oscam I had to read read and read (which is not my strong point, believe me). it got to a point where I wanted someone to show me. but decided to spend a day playing and testing and with trial and error managed to sort it (thanks to support from people on this forum). once sorted i could manage and change or edit from oscam webif. but most work came from me reading up. people are quick to look for people to show them or do for them. but reading and learning is what its all about.

i suppose a lot of people are not IT literate and need a bit more support than others. and this is where this forum can help

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Here,Here John. My brain is still hurting from the amount of reading I did.
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashley69 For This Useful Post:

Blu-ray (25-04-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley69 View Post
    Here,Here John. My brain is still hurting from the amount of reading I did.
    i know how you feel mate

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

Im at the OSCAM stage with my VIX VU Uno box. I have been using CCCam for years, so long ago I cant even remember my old username or email account I must have used (hence the new account). However I would like to see if I could get OScam going now on my Uno and thought that I would ask around here as you will know some of the answers to my questions.

Im not asking anyone to do it for me, as Ive read some excellent stuff on here that looks fairly understandable.

Question:

Can I run CCcam and OScam on the same VU Uno at the same time? Or do I have to remove my CCcam before trying to get this going?

Will OScam allow my sky card to get updates or will it need to be taken out and put back in the normal box every now and again?

Finally is there a good location to get the download of OScam and how do I go about installing it on Vix ... I think I know what to do with the files from reading the instructions on here, once set up.

Many thanks for your help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12