Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ? How to setup Oscam as cardreader ?

Title
    Thanks

? How to setup Oscam as cardreader ?

Need Help with setting up OScam as cardreader. I tried CCcam but it is not able to read the type of card I have, someone told me it is like that because it uses CAID 0d96 or 0d97 (whatever that is..!?..)

I have no prior knowledge of setting something like this (or any knowledge of Linux/Enigma) I Would be helped with a step-by-step tutorial that will point me file locations and settings need to be made to get it to work.
    Installing it on the box I can do but I was not able to start it up. As I learned out of several bits and pieces I found on the Net you have to make tons of settings for it to start to work.
    On that I would appreciate some help....
    VU+ Uno, VIX 2.3 , 1TB HDD WD Caviar Green
    Panasonic TX-L37DT35
    Visiosat SMC80 Quad Monoblock 4.3

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    A good start is to have a read of the wiki here

HTML Code:
    http://streamboard.gmc.to/wiki/OSCam/en

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

Ezee (18-12-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for pointing me this Wiki, I found it before and it is useful in detail but it still does not provide me with a "How-To" in how to get it setup step-by-step.

So where to obtain the futile user manual for the oblivious Vu+ user that needs to run OScam...?..

Or is it not suitable to be used by just anybody? I was always thinking that was the whole idea behind open source; for everybody by everybody and my motivation to buy a receiver like this. But I'm bit running into a brick wall on this one.
    Last edited by Ezee; 18-12-11 at 22:36.
    Panasonic TX-L37DT35

Title
    V.I.P Member
    Thanks
    You want to set up DVB-API, google is your friend.
    Vu Duo 4K - Vu + Solo4K - Vu + Uno4K - Vu+Uno - Vu+Ultimo4K - Vu+ Zero - Vu+Solo-SE (In Black Evo ) - PrismCube

Title
    Thanks
    Google gives you bit's and pieces, I need the complete cake to suit my needs in noob step-by-step. But I have it sorted, someone from CCcamforum gave me a complete setting for my config needs.

So if anybody here wanna run Skylink on VU+ Uno with Oscam (Cccam cannot read this card) just as a card-reader I have the correct settings and files+locations to be made available.
    Panasonic TX-L37DT35

Alias1
    I mase a step by step guide for this site
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...09-Oscam-setup
    Next time please use the search button

Title
    Thanks
    Of course I did, this list did not tell me nothing about what to do with it.
    You should go behind the counter of the shop of the sponsor and put your list in front every client that wil buy a Linux box for the first time. Then ask them if they will know what to do with that to get a Softcam going, I bet you will on 99% of the times get the same answer: ?????????????????????

Step-By-Step my friend means writing it like the manual that is included with the box you buy. Like was done here by punisher for installing instructions: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...000-ET5000-ViX

Not everybody living in the online world of sat crazy experimenters, might even be that those are a rare species

So please if you are interested in helping absolute beginners on the go for enjoying this potential really great and interesting stuff, then think first-time-see-computer
    Last edited by Ezee; 20-12-11 at 14:52.
    Panasonic TX-L37DT35

Alias1
    So please if you are interested in helping absolute beginners on the go for enjoying this potential really great and interesting stuff, then think first-time-see-computer
    Look mate if you read that link I pointed out to you all the information you need is in it.
    I spent hours working out how to do this set up.
    I dont mind giving information to help newbies out but I refuse to spoon feed them how are you expected to learn and fault find if all the information you need is given to you on a silver platter.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alias1 For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (20-12-11),Rodbouy (20-12-11),Stanman (20-12-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alias1 View Post
    Look mate if you read that link I pointed out to you all the information you need is in it.
    I dont mind giving information to help newbies out but I refuse to spoon feed them how are you expected to learn and fault find if all the information you need is given to you on a silver platter.
    Now here is something we actually do very strongly agree on.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    You need to start to read, read and read some more that you end up banging your head against a wall then you go and try what you have learned.

I would recommend starting with the easiest the dm500s or blade 50s for that matter just to get your head round it.

Download the OScam last rev for you type of box, for the Dm500s it powerpc-tuxbox-old version.

for example this is how to install it it on a E1 based box such as above using Pli Jade 3

Once you have downloaded the file you need. In this case oscam-stable-1.10-powerpc-tuxbox-old-webif-Distribution.

Now re-name that to OScam.

Now FTP the cam to /var/bin

now CHmod to 755

Now using telnet type the following command

touch /var/etc/plimgr/cardservers/OScam

This will create a blank file.

The file you create must be exactly the same as the cam file that you just sent to /var/bin

Now select OScam from the menu in Pli Jade.

Now you need the files

ftp these files to the box, I add # for bits you need to read and **** for bits you need to edit

var.zip

That should get you started or put in the right direction.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rodbouy For This Useful Post:

Donnie (20-12-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alias1 View Post
    I don't mind giving information to help newbies out but I refuse to spoon feed them how are you expected to learn and fault find if all the information you need is given to you on a silver platter.
    I'm trying to get clear that "normal" average consumers don't want to spend there valuable time on getting the stuff going on command line level. The box is sold on the commercial market, meaning for it to be accessible with all it's possible features it needs to be provided with user documentation on IKEA level.

If you tend to disagree with that you are basically saying this "Open Source" ended up in a closed community and "Shareware" is for those who already know what it is all about...
    For that matter any Shareware written for Windows platforms (as much as I detest this monopoly) was at least always coming with a .txt explaining you the basics and structure of the program.

Don't feel attacked, I am trying to get a bit clear here how the average oblivious user experiencing making use of these basically great machines. It should be no more difficult to use then a laundry dryer, and as versatile as a PC. But by saying; have a go and see what comes form it you not making it suitable for everybody and that is as I imaging the goal of putting something for use to the public.
    Panasonic TX-L37DT35

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ezee For This Useful Post:

bassethound (20-12-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    I always make a point when recommending a linux based box that they are not plug and play, they do need some amount of user interaction to setup but with support forums like WoS all the help you could need is ready to hand.

The problem is that a lot of people have come from previous systems like the uk cable tv boxes which just needed plugging into a feed and the mains for you to receive your channels. third party satellite boxes have never and will never be like this, thats just the way it is and it does fall to the end user to do some homework before buying the box rather than after it arrives.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bassethound (20-12-11)

Title
    Thanks
    I understand that but why keep it so difficult to access?? Open Source was meant to benefit everybody without the restrictions of commercial interests; sorry to conclude this but like this for most people you're not getting it done....

Is it really so much effort create a Glossary or simple manual for the program you Coding...?...People that are Coding for Windows/Mac platforms seem to able getting it done. With writing a Coding scheme you're already more then half-way there.
    Why let everybody re-invent the wheel over and over again and let them laboriously put small bits and pieces together before they experience how great it can work for you...?...Does not seem logical and efficient to me at all. But then again it is possible I do not understand the subcultural tendency of open source and am I possibly hitting sore spots.

I can imagine if some forum users/admins will be requested they will be prepared to create proper tutorials out of there experiences according to a predefined structure and it will stimulate the use of these boxes. It will also get hands free for spending on working on for example the images instead of answering the same basic question again and again...I think we all agree they are a lot better then the boxes with proprietary source software and we will all benefit of a wider spreading of it.
    Last edited by Ezee; 20-12-11 at 19:30.
    Panasonic TX-L37DT35

Title
    V.I.P Member
    Thanks
    @Ezee
    I can assure you that pretty much all the mods, admins and VIPS like myself are all self taught and I can assure you 100% it comes from reading, breaking it and then fixing it.
    I have been playing with Linux box's from the start and I can hand on heart say I only ever found one useful guide and it was called Klona's Guide.
    I printed it and used it as a reference and then build my own info up from stuff I found on the net.
    I had a ring binder full and it was my bible for many years.
    Now I with many years behind me I read things like the Oscam wiki and I understand most of it but there is plenty that goes over my head at first glance.
    I'm trying to be patronising but pretty much all the info you need is already here but it takes time to digest, be prepared to waste days, weeks and months getting to grips and it will come together.
    This is a hobby and nothing more for me but it keeps me off the streets and my wife knows where to find me
    Vu Duo 4K - Vu + Solo4K - Vu + Uno4K - Vu+Uno - Vu+Ultimo4K - Vu+ Zero - Vu+Solo-SE (In Black Evo ) - PrismCube

Title
    V.I.P Member
    Thanks
    Blimey, I even found the guide on the net still.

Code:
    http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/DigiTV/dbox-howto.htm
    Code:
    http://klona.4t.com/

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Donnie For This Useful Post:

markwm (30-10-16)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast