Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: et9000 cant get past bootloader

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

et9000 cant get past bootloader

Flashed with lastest bootloader (from 2.3 thread) then flashed latest 2.3 image. Once the image flash is done all is fine and i can set the settings etc

However if i reboot the box then it just sits at the bootloader screen. Files for the bootlaoder are dated 30 - 9 - 2011.

Any ideas folks?

thanks

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Have you tried a re-flash?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Tried reflash several times it seems to do nothing on the bootloader - just says booting after I press OK.

One thing the bootloader screen says Linux 2.6.31 is that right? I thought it needed to be 3.1.0 ???? and i defo downloaded the right files - direct from the 2.3 thread - even re-downloaded.

thanks

edit; front of the box says ET9X00 whereas before it said ET9000.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Your seeing the splash screen from old bootloader, new bootloader dont have a new splash screen.

Are you sure you flashed vix 2.3?

The flash folder needs to be named et9x00.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yeah definitely 2.3.

The problem seems to be the bootloader isnt flashing then. I turn box off at the back and put in usb stick with bootloader on it. It picks up ViX-2.3-20110930(ok/Cancel) but when I press ok on box it just reboots...

edit; that said the bootloader in that zip has dir name et9000 and not et9x00
    Last edited by Rimmel; 15-12-11 at 22:13.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Start fresh.

Format the stick FAT32.

Plece the bootloader files on in the USB stick with the folder named et9x00, press ok when asked. If it reboots that means the bootloader is upto date.

Now delete the bootloader folder and transfer vix2.3 to the USB stick with the folder named as et9x00.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ok did that word for word. Exact same thing happened - the bootloader shows after reboot with RED Xtrend logo and linux 2.6.31.

It seems to think the bootloader is updated but hasnt????

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameltoe View Post
    Ok did that word for word. Exact same thing happened - the bootloader shows after reboot with RED Xtrend logo and linux 2.6.31.

It seems to think the bootloader is updated but hasnt????
    Flash with the attached bootloader, but rename the folder to et9x00, but instead of pressing OK to flash the bootloader, press channel down button to force the bootloader to re-flash. Do not power off whilst you do this. IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED TO REVERT BOOTLOADERS AND YOUR RECEIVER COULD BE BRICKED AND RENDERED USELESS!

After you've flashed the bootloader, flash ViX 2.3.133 from the 2.3 release thread.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    If the above dont work, try a different USB stick.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    OK well the bootloader now updates... and displays the Bootloader updated message. However the same thing happens. e.g i flash to ViX-2.3-20111213 and set the settings, but on reboot the red Xtrand logo appears (this time no Linux 2.6.31 at the bottom) and it just sits there.

EDIT: the from panel says booting...

Very strange

thanks

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    So your getting through to the start up wizard? Are you restoring old backup settings? Taken from the release thread: -

Also, please remember, due to massive changes in the image, DO NOT restore any settings from previous images. Timers, channel lists etc are fine, but a settings restore with restore wizard will only cause issues!
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Rimmel (16-12-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I am going through the startup wizard (all the way through fine) - but skipping the startup scan, Everything else is being set. I am not importing/restoring any settings.

Everything seems to go perfectly, but it just wont reboot. e.g. I can go into the menus etc etc

Unplugged all usbs.... although internal HD is connected - could it be that?
    Last edited by Rimmel; 15-12-11 at 23:01.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    After the initial startup wizard, go to Menu > Setup > Sytem > Harddisk and convert the filesystem to ext4. If that dont work try re-initializing.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Rimmel (16-12-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Giving that a go - thank you.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    OK - well tried that and no go So unhooked the HD and started from scratch - no go.

Then reverted bootloader to previous version and flashed 2.2.1 onto the box with the HD hooked up again and it works perfectly.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast