Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: getting motor to working on 800HD

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well, half of the reason of getting another db was that i really do like the whole BarryAllen multibooting thing...means you can mess around with different images whilst leaving your good one untouched....looks like its going to be a motor change then but ill take your advice and probably go for the Dark motor and change manufacturers....

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    funny thing is that the motor costs less than the tuner. how daft is that

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yeah, but if it is that then ill be happy (kind of) - its not too bad switching the motor over for me (i can get out of the loft bedroom rooflight and im standing right next to it against the chimney. Its just a bit of a ball ache manhandling the 1m dish while i take the old motor off....

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well, if anyone else has this ive got a dialogue going with Stab in Italy but nothing more than stating the obvious at the moment....ive ordered a dark motor in replacement as i want something working sooner rather than later but see what happens with the stab - if it is faulty and i get it replaced then great but im not holding my breath....

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well, i didnt think it was and it isnt.....just put up the dark motor tonight and it works perfectly - not lined up but its moving to the right positions. As i said ive had this same type of problem before with a stab motor....last time i order one of those!!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    On top of that i did find a post from over a year ago on another forum and someone else had the exact same problem with a stab and an 800....

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    All up and running. I must say the dark motor has lots of features....a hard reset, led's for indication of what its doing and east and west manual buttons.....very hand - i also had a invacom 0.3 lnb which i took off a couple of years ago which i thought was bust but it works perfectly now.....double win!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    good for you

Title
    Thanks
    Talking of Dark motors and Dreamboxs, I've got a dm800se connected to a dark motor using Usals, it's finding the satellites, but looking through the onscreen menus of the box, I can't manually fine move the motor, strange.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12