Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: getting motor to working on 800HD

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

getting motor to working on 800HD

Gents - if someone could help.....

Just got myself a 2nd hand Dreambox 800. Cant seem to get the motor to move. Tell you what ive done so far.....

updated the second stage to 84.

Flashed a stock image into flash

Set my tuner config to simple, positioner - put my lat and long in.....nothing.

I know the motor is ok as ive got a little box that i can plug in, inline and move the motor manually (proves that it moves and the DB is putting out voltage to power it)

I kinda knew this would be a problem as the VU that i had on there before (thats elsewhere in the house) worked fine - always had problems with motor settings on DB's

Oh and the motor is a stab type.

Thanks to anyone that can help..

Comfy

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    im a little further but still dont have the answer....moved the dish manually from the DB but as soon as i try to scan a sat (ie move to that position) then the reciever goes to 0 deg and sits there...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Changed the LNB over - still the same - goes back to 0 deg

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    well - ive owned this for a day and im hacked off with it. Ive tried changing the lnb 3 times and nothing - the only thing i can get it to do is a manual move of the dish in the positioner setup - also tried 4 different firmware images.....back to a vu i think.....

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    wish i could help on this as had much hardship in setting up motor. however your specific problem would seem to be related to the capability of the dreambox to move the dish and not related to settings. so as you suggest maybe the vu is the option.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    i'd say its likely down to a poor tuner in the DM800 which is not delivering enough power to the motor, in order to drive it properly.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I had thought that myself but if i go to the manual settings i can move the dish manually (although when i tried before it wouldnt) - i left it alone for a while kicked off some scans to see what happened and its scanned some sats but not the right ones - ie i set if off scanning 19deg e but its scanned 23.5 e its almost as if it doesnt know where the motor is, or where it thinks it is, it isnt....it is a long cable run (about 30m) but the vu runs on it quite happily. I did find this years ago with a 7024+ and eventually it seemed to be down to the image (gemini ran the best on that...)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    At the moment its 47% though what it thinks is hispasat - its found 9 channels of which one of those is BBC HD so its definately on the wrong sat again...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Absolute cack. You'd have thought in this day and age they would have got the basics right....

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    as phoenix said its down to the tuner. suggest you open up dreambox and take out tuner and replace with another

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yeah - but the thing cost me 300 quid....have to bite the bullet i suppose.....

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfysofa View Post
    yeah - but the thing cost me 300 quid....have to bite the bullet i suppose.....
    ouch. you could have had a new duo for a tenner more.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Your telling me....however - ive got it hooked up to the fixed dish at the moment and that is scanning fine....it would seem at the moment the motor is the problem (2nd one ive had) - is there any other manufacturer of motors that is better...? (mind you im saying that) ill probably order one stick it on the roof and it wont be that!!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    bought Alsat Superior Dark Satellite motor DiSEqC motorised TM and after massive help from this forum I've never had an issue

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    granted its hooked up to my duo and not a dm800. i have spent the years of pain with the 800 so i know what you are going thru

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast