Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Favourites?

Title
    Thanks

Favourites?

Hello all

As I cant set this box up like my DM box, is there anyway I can put channels on 'Favourites'?

Thanks

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi there,

Yes, this is possible alright! You can add channels to favourite groups FAV1-FAV8 in the favourites lists option just below channel manager. In this menu you will see each channel and to the right numbers 1 to 8. To add a channel to group FAV1 press the 1 key while that channel is highlighted and you will see a tick mark beside it.

At the minute you cannot change the group names to anything other than the default FAV1-8. A channel editor is currently being developed so this will be a possibility when that comes out.

To view your favourite groups while watchin tv press the ok/enter button and then the green button and the fav lists 1-8 appear. Select with ok the one you want to list the channels in that group!

Hope this helps until the channel editor comes out.

Cheers,
    mcquaim

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mcquaim For This Useful Post:

pcdee (03-12-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Nice one, sorted!!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mcquaim View Post
    Hi there,

Yes, this is possible alright! You can add channels to favourite groups FAV1-FAV8 in the favourites lists option just below channel manager. In this menu you will see each channel and to the right numbers 1 to 8. To add a channel to group FAV1 press the 1 key while that channel is highlighted and you will see a tick mark beside it.

At the minute you cannot change the group names to anything other than the default FAV1-8. A channel editor is currently being developed so this will be a possibility when that comes out.

To view your favourite groups while watchin tv press the ok/enter button and then the green button and the fav lists 1-8 appear. Select with ok the one you want to list the channels in that group!

Hope this helps until the channel editor comes out.

Cheers,
    mcquaim
    hi i have just recently purchased one of these and created the favs list.but there seems to be a lot of patches as its a new reciever and as you have to rescan because of patch you therfore looose all favs again.the only thing letting this little beauty down is a tv list/editor.do you have any idea when it will be released?
    thanks in advance

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi there,

You can actually save your channel list by going into the upgrade menu and select your USB stick and I think it's the blue button to save off your current settings. That way when you do a new flash and factory reset you can load up your existing farourites afterwards via the upgrade menu also!

As for a channel editor, seems to be a problem for the dev team behind the eaglebox. Poor old silverfox simply got roasted over on alsatforum for even asking for an update on its progress. The guys there seem very defensive about the issue and don't think the need for an editor is that great..

Personally, I reckon until the editor comes out the channel manager on the box is just not up to scratch. Having to rem what group you saved under each FAV section is painful and I bought it for my mum who is lost currently..

We will just need to wait and see, hopefully it will be released shortly as they have had 3-4 weeks now!!

Cheers,
    mcquaim

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mcquaim For This Useful Post:

jamesybhoy (14-12-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    saving channel lists is possible but i do beleive there was a note in last patch that stated dont use channel sets made with an older patch on a newer patch

so yes a channel editor that is transferable between patched firmware would be nice
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silverfox0786 For This Useful Post:

jamesybhoy (14-12-11),mcquaim (14-12-11)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi silverfox,

I used my previous channel setting after the last upgrade and they worked fine, well as fine as they can currently.. I doubt I didn't read the fine print on the release notes but hey, worked a treat

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox0786 View Post
    saving channel lists is possible but i do beleive there was a note in last patch that stated dont use channel sets made with an older patch on a newer patch

so yes a channel editor that is transferable between patched firmware would be nice
    this is the info i read also so done as it said thats why i think an editor would be very hadny

Title
    Thanks
    Hi anyone have any news on the channel editor. bought one of these boxes. works great
    with a pretty straightforward setup. but to be able to name your fav list something other
    than 1-8 would be a real bonus
    cheers

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    got one today. used a may patch as well as super settings and a channel list

all went ok, was shocked its a 1080p 60hz box, BUT how do u name the favs like news , sports ect as the book says hit green button and nothing

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    That function does not work and it's not going to get fixed. It's a real shame as its a great little box other than that.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mickbrush View Post
    That function does not work and it's not going to get fixed. It's a real shame as its a great little box other than that.
    Ferguson 102 Mini HD is a much better alternative, it has a fully working PC channel editor http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...el-list-Editor better functionality all round tbh and silent fanless operation Some screenshots from the menu here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...etty-damn-good!
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

river-rat (24-08-12)