Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Got one?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Anyone Got one?

Hi folks,

Anyone got one of these little machines? My sister looking for a cheap box and if this worked well then it could be a winner... Much difference in the mini and HD800?

Cheers,
    Mac

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    I've been having a play with, its quite a smart looking little receiver tbh. Its designed to be easily tucked away out of sight. Its comes like a IR receivers on a lead so you put that where you can control it with the remote. Picture quality is great. For the money I think its great, considering its comes with proper full UK warranty. The size of it is only about 15cm x 10cm x 3cm, really small. Remote its quite smart too, has a good feel to it.

The HD800 is more designed to be visible set top box.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

bassethound (12-11-11),mcquaim (12-11-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Nope, but from what I read of them, they are not linux boxes. So, I think that the name is a bit mis-leading. Anyone who had an Eagle box, and were used to being able to use enigma1 on it, do not expect to be able to use enigma2 on this box. Also, the HD800 misleads people to thinking it's a dm800 clone type box, which again, it is not...

Before going out and buying one of these, I would defo wait and read other reviews/accounts, and see what it's like. There's also a thread here that has some screens of the menus, might be worth a look before deciding also
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pooface For This Useful Post:

mcquaim (12-11-11)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    Nope, but from what I read of them, they are not linux boxes. So, I think that the name is a bit mis-leading. Anyone who had an Eagle box, and were used to being able to use enigma1 on it, do not expect to be able to use enigma2 on this box. Also, the HD800 misleads people to thinking it's a dm800 clone type box, which again, it is not...

Before going out and buying one of these, I would defo wait and read other reviews/accounts, and see what it's like. There's also a thread here that has some screens of the menus, might be worth a look before deciding also
    You could say then a number of receiver names on the market are mis-leading then, like the Openbox, thats hardly opensource is it!

Btw, the boss aint going to recommend it if its total naff For a non-linux receiver and the money I think its cool.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    But i think when u compare it to the dmv500 i brought from the sponsor, that actally is an e1 linux stb like the dm500 but this one isnt so i guess i can see where pooface is coming from but aslong as people know before they buy then they cant have an complaints.
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    You could say then a number of receiver names on the market are mis-leading then, like the Openbox, thats hardly opensource is it!
    Yes, you know what some ppl are like, they'll buy it just for the name and past experience of eagle box... Looking at the screenshots, it looks a nice little menu, and sounds good from what you wrote. Defo worth a punt at the price if you're happy to go for it
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks lads,

Not being a Linux box won't upset the sister much, if the picture is good and it's reliable then she will be happy out! I looked at those screenshots and the menu's look really smart, much slicker than the TM non-linux box menus. I might hold out a little and see if anyone else has had a play and if it's a stable little box..

Thanks again,
    mcquaim

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mcquaim View Post
    Thanks lads,

Not being a Linux box won't upset the sister much, if the picture is good and it's reliable then she will be happy out! I looked at those screenshots and the menu's look really smart, much slicker than the TM non-linux box menus. I might hold out a little and see if anyone else has had a play and if it's a stable little box..

Thanks again,
    mcquaim
    When you deicde, don't forget about this discount http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...1591#post91591
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

mcquaim (12-11-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    All,

Any UK EPG or Bouquet type channels support on this.

Ta

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dfdream For This Useful Post:

mcquaim (12-11-11)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dfdream View Post
    All,

Any UK EPG or Bouquet type channels support on this.

Ta
    You can setup favourites like any other non-linux receiver. Show in time some made up channels lists will start appearing, remember this still new. Got mine tucked behind 21" LCD TV on wall. With just the little IR dome thing on the lead showing.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Any UK EPG or the capability to manage UK EPG.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dfdream View Post
    Any UK EPG or the capability to manage UK EPG.
    Just ya basic now and next like most non-linux receivers.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post

Haw can be mislead when is the specification and no where is saying LINUX or Open Source!?

Who told you who OWN Eaglebox should produce only Linux !?

I thing, this is doing what is advertise in Gift box not only that even More....

Title
    Thanks
    To be Honest i can check what the box can do and what is the support..... I got one and I load the Last patch ....

Working Well Cccam and Newcamd ,Multimedia and PVR - Motorised and very smart picture quality For the price Sponsor is selling is Excellent Box....
    I could not thing before i could buy HD box in Price of SD box in this stage..

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gogoli View Post
    Haw can be mislead when is the specification and no where is saying LINUX or Open Source!?

Who told you who OWN Eaglebox should produce only Linux !?

I thing, this is doing what is advertise in Gift box not only that even More....
    I was just stating for others who might think incorrectly. However, I think they get the picture now, so all we need is for more users of the box. If I were on the lookout for a cheap HD box, then this looks to definitely tick all the boxes, and would definitely go for one from everything I've read about them
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast