Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: struggling with motor set up !!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    thanks for your help mate

can i ask is it right that after i save each sat in the way that you say i must reboot enigma 2 and then do next one and so one or they wont allow proper channel movement etc..

can i also ask if i go down the open pli route will that mke this one issue easier

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    no need to reboot...after pressing OK..its saved...and you do this for eash change..ie 13 east saved @ position 13...OK and so on
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    sorry did,nt read the post totally...no image wise...its the same issue
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @ satsatsat ...i had the same problems which is why i started this thread !! ... in the end it was a simple fix ...made complicated by trying different things at different times and going off track ..i got the it moving from sat to sat on channel change ... i did have to increase the voltage but it worked fine
    Sloth

Title
    Thanks
    Hi guys,

I know this is a very old post but I would like to say what i did with my superjack motor 24" & the use of a 36v vbox.

I will give a step by step so all can hopefully follow.

First step is to test the motor and vbox are working so you can do this inside the home via connecting the wires and there should be 4 wires going to the vbox so
    we have the two power which are the green & red wires and then we have the two more wires which would be going to the read switch colours are white and black.

this is where you need to sure of the correct wiring setup to the read switch that will be the set positions EG: I use postion 1 set to 1west thor then we can start to send the piston of the superjack more using the stb reciever & the vbox,

This is how we go for it.

1, We should be using twin core double barrel cable that is made for this type of satellite system the twin cable will be seen at ends one will be the cable you connect to the LNB looks like a standard tv aerial cable and the second of the double barrel cable will have the smaller wires eg the power & reader wires.

2, start making the connections in house to see if the vbox stb & superjack are all working be carefull about the wires do not get them mixed up.

3, Once you see all is working eg the piston in the superjack is extending or desending we can then set the piston approx half way out of its sleeve eg: this to give an idea would be approx the ZERO settings of the motor because we need the motor to work both ways as EAST & WEST satellites to be found so if the pistion is half way out then that will be as said 1west thor.

4, Now we can connect the superjack to the rear of the dish which is made to carry a superjack motor EG: I have a 1.2 fibre channel master dish with a polar mount so it is made for the system type motors that are superjacks, so we have the rear clamp and the piston front end will have the steel loop for the bolt mount to the polar mount & as said the piston needs to be approx half way out of its sleeve to give you 1west which is nearest to the Zero of the read switch.

This arleady tested on gound level that the motor does go in both directions from the centre of the piston Zero > to 45west and again zero to 45east always useing the centre of the superjack approx set halfway out which would be classed as 1west or zero depending how good you get the satellites on the Clarks Arc,

Ok now we can start to set up the sats, so we find 1 west and get the best possible signal and as long as the pole and polar mount and dish are all nice and level to the south on your dish as the central satellite again meaning 1west and the piston is approx halfway out of the superjack sleeve.

1, The way a super jack works is to use ADVANCED in advanced you then see LNB 1 set to thor 1west or 0.8 as seen in most receivers these days & we use LNB 1 and then input 1 and then scroll down & we do not use Usals it will then give more settings so furher down the list it will that say to store the position this west then we store to position 1.

2, we then go back to the top of the list in Advanted and set it to the next nearest sat west or east this is your chioce I go east ans the next sat in my settings would be 1.9 polar sat so see the top satellite line when you go to the east in the sat list you will see the 1.9 polar sat,, now we use the LNB 1 & we use the Input 1 we then go down and store the 1,9 sat in postion 2.

Ok that is giving you the idea of how to set each satellite up till you are happy with your sat list that would then show from store position 1 to 30 or how ever many sats you have stored.

Next we know we have the dish set to 1west and the best possible signal as as we now need to get the rest of the satellites this will also need your full satelling xml files and your listings for the sats.

I will give a screenshot to the first setup sat as 1west and see the whole list to give you an idea.

Screenshot (192).png

Regards Talks.
    Last edited by Talks; 08-11-20 at 16:55.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Good info but much better to start a new thread with an appropriate title, so that people can find info on superjack motor.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    I would agree with what you have said, If you can do that please it would be good as you say for all superjack motor system users.

regards Talks.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456