Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: struggling with motor set up !!

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Thumbs down

Hi pooface ....LOL tried it !!!
    current status is that ..i can move to each sat using positioner set up etc ..and view a channel ...but if i try and switch from one sat to another ...pic of moving comes on screen ...but dish dont move ..am at work tomoorrow so ...gonna go play on modern warfare 2 in half hour LOL remove my pent up frustration !!
    Sloth

kingy29
    Move your motor to zero position manually, and reset motor then turn the power off to the motor.Connect to Tuner A restart Vu+ and setup for usuals Lat Long settings Tuner A Positioner:USUALS. If you still have problems re flash image try DE

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Kingy
    when you say Reset motor ...what do you mean ?
    cheers
    sloth

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOTH View Post
    Hi pooface ....LOL tried it !!!
    current status is that ..i can move to each sat using positioner set up etc ..and view a channel ...but if i try and switch from one sat to another ...pic of moving comes on screen ...but dish dont move ..am at work tomoorrow so ...gonna go play on modern warfare 2 in half hour LOL remove my pent up frustration !!
    Sloth
    You actually reinstalled the image from a fresh? As from what I remember reading in this thread, you just went to menu -> setup -> service searching -> tuner config. The way I'm saying will remove everything back to a clear. If it doesn't work by removing everything, and just setting up as I have said, either there is a problem with the long/lat you are entering for you position, or there is a problem with your motor (doesn't support usals etc)...

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOTH View Post
    Hi Kingy
    when you say Reset motor ...what do you mean ?
    cheers
    sloth
    On the motor (actually outside on the dish), there is usually a rest button

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Kingy ..cheers i,ll have a look .. i have the luxury of dish being at head height .
    Pooface ... have reinstalled fresh image no end of times in the last few days , and maybe 3 or 4 times today !!! long an lat an fine ...motor ummm well !!!
    Sloth

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks
    He has tried setting up from fresh, I've given him almost identical instructions to yours pooface, bar suggested using the OpenPLi newbie image, sent settings etc. I've told him the lonitude and latitude settings (I have his address) and the model of the motor is a DG-120 which seems to be USALS, so I'm left wondering why this isn't working..... The one idea I'd not thought of is resetting the motor, good idea kingy give that one a try, nothing much left to try now (at least for gettings USALS to work)....

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks
    To be honest I'm not 100% sure on this SuperJack DG-120, some dealers call it a DG-120, some and SG-120/DG-120, some mention USALS, some don't, we don't sell them so I've no experience with what is what :S

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    hello again everyone
    had a look at the motor ...left and right buttons and 2 tiny pin holes ? ... right ...will carry on with this after work tomorrow ....maybe anew motor is called for ...!!!
    cheers
    everyone for all your help
    Sloth

Title
    Thanks
    Fixed dish .

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just for Clarity.

What SAT are you starting on, and what channel. (and do you have picture and sound)

What SAT ate you trying to get to and what channel?

Just wondering if you try goign to a different frequency and polarity it might make a difference

If you have picture and sound on the first channel you start at, do you loose picture and sound as the motor says it's moving?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Wink

Hi DrProzac
    have tried starting on 13,19,28,1w etc so most of them ....no specific channels ..i channel hop alot ...tried loads of different freq and polarities ... but can only move it via the positioner set up in menu and as soon as i select that option picture disappears ...
    have bit the bullet and ordered a new motor ! ..
    what i really dont understand is that i cant even get the motor to move using advanced NON usals ...which was how it worked perfectly with my 7025+ ...
    anyway ...motor will be here in a day or so ...and i,ll start again

cheers for everybodys help

Sloth

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Sloth,

I just got my Vu+ Duo yesterday (thanks Anthony) and had the same problem as you. I could move the motor to a satellite to scan via the setup menu and scan all the channels, everything was looking good so I went back to the menu selected another satellite and downloaded all the channels, everything was fine and could view all the channels UNTIL I tried to select a channel on the first satellite, the dish just would not move. This is what I did to resolve the problem, go to

Tuner Configuration Menu

I use USALS so I set up the first tuner A and I then selected Advanced setup and select “13 east” in the same menu, I then selected LNB1 and put in my coordinates further down the menu after selecting motorised or diseq or something like that ( I am not in front of the unit at present so doing this from memory until I get home a little later). I then went to

Satfinder

You will see there is only one satellite you can select, I let it look for it, and once it was locked I went to

Manual Scan

And scanned for the channels. All went well, now here was the bit I was omitting to do… Go back to the Tuner Configuration Menu and choose a different satellite, I used “19 east”, then go to the Satfinder Menu and you will see you have two satellite’s you can now use, select “ 19 east” then let it find the satellite, once found go to the Manual Scan Menu and scan that satellite. Once saved you should now be able to go between the two satellites. If all goes well just repeat until you have all your required satellites. I hope that makes sense. If not I will write a more detailed explanation when I get home. I really hope this solves your problem.

I don’t think it is your motor because the motor and cable including connections works perfectly with your other box, I believe the problem lies firmly with your settings in the Vu+ Duo

14. The Following User Says Thank You to succuba For This Useful Post:

SLOTH (07-07-10)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Succuba ...
    mate thats exactly how i set up my dreambox ...with the exception of not using usals ! .. i have ordered a motor anyway ... so i will fit it when it comes ..in the mean time hey ho ... just keep trying different stuff .thansk again for your input
    Sloth

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    "Tuner Configuration Menu

I use USALS so I set up the first tuner A and I then selected Advanced setup and select “13 east” in the same menu, I then selected LNB1 and put in my coordinates further down the menu after selecting motorised or diseq or something like that ( I am not in front of the unit at present so doing this from memory until I get home a little later)."

I don`t understand why you are choosing 1 satellite at a time.Where it says satellite choose "All Satellites 1". Where it says LOF choose "Universal LNB" and make sure your longitude and latitude are correct.

ttt.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast