Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: struggling with motor set up !!

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks
    Just a thought, you did do the restart after loading the channel settings right? Can you try resetting again just to be sure, then try selecting a different channel AND satellite from whatever one it defaults to....

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Have you tried usuals? I`ve read your posts,even though you say you don`t know if it`s compatible,you don`t say if you have tried it.Nothing to lose.

ttt.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ttt hi mate ...were trying usals
    ... i have a picture yay ...but ok well everybody will be pleased to hear ...i,m (were) making some progress !!!
    however it doesnt want to move when i select another channel on a different sat from channel list ..... also its not quiet getting 1 west if i select goto 0 ...
    sloth

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOTH View Post
    Hi
    sorry to be a pain !!
    ok so the motor is a superjack diseq 1.2 .for dishs up to 1.2m dish , never used it on usals on the dreambox so not sure if it supports that ...
    tuner A = advanced
    sat eg 19.2 astra or whatever
    LNB 1
    auto
    band
    diseq 1.2
    blah
    blah
    blah
    use usal NO
    pos 1
    etc

TUNER B
    not connected !...
    i really dont understand whats happening ...i have set up a few motorised systems etc but this is sending me round in circles ....
    cheers in advance
    sloth
    You`ve lost me now m8.Says here your not using usuals.You also say it in a later post.

ttt.

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks
    When you say it doesn't want to move, does that mean it's trying to move (you get the picture of the turning dish on screen) but the actual motor/dish isn't turning, or do you mean something else?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Thumbs up

ttt ...hi mate sorry to confuse you ...have been trying both !! and had just switched back to simple ...(usals ) ...
    Sat shop .. i can move the dish via positioner set up and also it goes to (just about 1W) if i hit goto 0....
    when i select another channel on another sat the pic of the dish flashs ...but when i look at the dish it doesnt move ...so its getting there ..but driving me nutz at the same time !!!.
    just to add i can search sat positons manually and lock etc . but when another channel/sat is selected ...no movement ..but pic of flashing dish ..
    i have a question ..is there a way to store sat positions in usals or only advanced ?
    sloth
    Last edited by SLOTH; 06-07-10 at 17:11.

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks
    And you have made sure you used the channel settings mentioned so you have the latest satellites.xml file in your, try using the one I've attached (you'll need to unzip it first) then FTP it to /etc/tuxbox/ and over write the existing one, then reboot the DUO and see what happens now.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just a quick question.

Are you looping through the DM7025?
    Or is the VU+ Directly connected to the motor?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Only other method I can think of,is try advanced with usuals selected.Enter your longitude and latitude. Also make sure you have selected satellite 1 and chose lnb 33(remote right arrow). Then go to manual scan and choose multisat.Then enable 3 or 4 satellites that you want,press ok to scan and see if the motor moves to each satellite and scans.

ttt.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    hi
    yeh i used the ones you sent me the link 4 ...progress is being made ...and i really appreciate the time everyone is taking to help me get sorted
    sloth

DrProzac
    no mate not looping thru ... motor cable direct to lnb1 input ...
    sloth

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks
    Yep try the file I've attached above, it can't hurt in any case, easy enough to change back!

Title
    Thanks
    Are you using just the one lnb connected to tuner A ?
    If you are set tuner B for nothing connected and try again because if you have selected the same as it wont move the motor and give you the results you are having.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You haven't had any limits set up on the motor have you?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Wink

Hi Bob1 and prozac .
    1 dish , 1 lnb over set to nothing connected ! and have disabled limits on motor !!! LOL
    thanks guys right now any suggestion is a good suggestion !
    SLoth

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Have you tried taking an image backup, then doing the following:

Install an image (I use the dream-elite, so would recommend that one, but my own personal choice), then load and run through the setup. Choose your network options, language options, etc. In there, it asks you to do the positioner settings. Make sure it looks something like:

usals.jpeg

(I know it's hard to read, but it has Config Mode as Simple, Mode as Positioner, Long and lat as yours).

Then, restart the box, once restarted, telnet in to the box, set up password etc. Then, use dreamboxedit to upload the channel list, and get it to restart box (by manually restarting it, do not use the tickbox that says to restart when list has been uploaded). Then, try changing to a channel on the different satellites...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast