Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad & PC & Others...

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotchef View Post
    i have a netgear N150 wireless router, model DGN1000

i looked for virtual firewall server but i dont have one. the only firewall rules option i have is in the screen shot below

Attachment 26098

what do i need to edit?

thanks

is it add service?

Screen Shot 2013-05-24 at 08.04.47.jpg

if so what would the settings be

i am on vix latest image

openwebif on 8001
    transcoding on 8002

thanks

Title
    Thanks
    you need to add a service first then select it as a firewall rule. if you are looking to port foward then use this.
    hxxp://support.herefilefile.com/entries/171529-How-to-Forward-Ports-on-a-NetGear-WNR1000-v2
    Last edited by karl_everest; 24-05-13 at 14:26.

Title
    Thanks
    Okay i am stuck and need some help please. i Have
    OpenViX3.0.664 kernel 3.3.8 installed on a Vu+ Solo2. I have setup a noip account. enabled OpenWebInterface set the http port to 1980 and the streaming port to 8002, i have installed inadyn and configured it and enabled the transcoding plugin to port 8002 (same as streaming port) everything works fine on my LAN. but when i attempt to stream via WAN it fails in the media player, i can access my epg fine but when i click on the tv to stream it fails, i have tried both media player and vlc player and neither has worked. Also i can download and play recorded programs fine

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by karl_everest View Post
    you need to add a service first then select it as a firewall rule. if you are looking to port foward then use this.
    hxxp://support.herefilefile.com/entries/171529-How-to-Forward-Ports-on-a-NetGear-WNR1000-v2

it says select a lower and a higher port number

so is the port 80 or 8001?

thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by karl_everest View Post
    Okay i am stuck and need some help please. i Have
    OpenViX3.0.664 kernel 3.3.8 installed on a Vu+ Solo2. I have setup a noip account. enabled OpenWebInterface set the http port to 1980 and the streaming port to 8002, i have installed inadyn and configured it and enabled the transcoding plugin to port 8002 (same as streaming port) everything works fine on my LAN. but when i attempt to stream via WAN it fails in the media player, i can access my epg fine but when i click on the tv to stream it fails, i have tried both media player and vlc player and neither has worked. Also i can download and play recorded programs fine

My problem is exactly the same as yours, everything works as it should on my LAN but for some unknown reason every time I switch to 3G I get an error on both VLC, Daroon and MX Player. Everything else on 3G works as it should - Channel Listings, Box Commands, Sending Messages and watching recorded programs all work perfectly. I even set up and Dyndns account just to see if No-Ip was the cause but no. If anyone has any other suggestions I'd love to try them as I have run out of ideas now.

Regards

Jigsy

Title
    Thanks

Re: How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad & PC & Others...

Seems like everything is working now, no idea what I did but I get all channels playing at work no problem. My only two other problems are the sound will not come on when viewing channels and if I forget the stop the program in Dreamdroid I can't connect to the box again for at least 10 minutes and I have no idea why that is.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi guys,
    I can stream to my (XP) PC pretty solidly using VLC from OpenWebIf, but I have an airplay dongle that ideally I would like to onwards push the stream to. For other things, iTunes enables me to push video reliably to my old 2005 plasma with the dongle in it. I am guessing there are other people on here that are streaming to ipads etc.

So I wondered if any readers of this thread have encountered and conquered this issue. I have 3 questions I wonder if anyone could answer.
    1. Does anyone know if there are streaming apps compatible with Solo2 Vix 3. image to iOS that support the airplay push function?
    2. Or as my dongle has an IP address, is there an option to 'send' from my Vu+ solo2 Vix 3.0 directly to the rendering dongle?
    3. Is there a technique to stream from OpenWebIf to iTunes.... I try Open with iTunes.. function and I just get an audio track with great buffering and then like a tape recorded on fastforward play (remember those?)

I've just tested Vu+ player, great but no push. e2 Remote pro seems to support internal or GoodPlayer. dreaMote Lite I cannot 'see' an option to stream or in paid for dreaMote unless it is Custom Stream URL. I download more streaming apps but they don't appear available to selectin e2 remote. any suggestions?

Cheers
    Resurrected Vu+Solo2 /1.2Mdish/TM2600/PannyGT50
    Vu+ Zero/1.2M dishslave/28.2/EpsonTW5300
    Firmware version: OpenViX 5.3.035 (2020-06-21) Driver date: 20190429 Kernel version: 3.13.5

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Using Dreambox Live, now called Blackbox Live and £2.49 for iPad, does it stream the satellite radio channels? I use the Vu+ iPad app which is just fine for video but I can't get any of the radio channels, which are what I want most when I'm working in my shed.

Title
    Thanks
    Not sure about radio stations as I've never tried to stream them but an alternative is the free tunein app. Has has thousands of stations from all over the globe.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, does anyone know how to port forward on the BT Home Hub? I've got to the relevant settings page but it says I have to choose a program to port forward. It doesn't seem like I can just create a port.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I found this through googling, but you don't say what version you are using
    http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43715
    Firmware version: OpenViX 5.3.035 (2020-06-21) Driver date: 20190429 Kernel version: 3.13.5

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Grinnders For This Useful Post:

Mafi10 (14-11-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, I've got it set up for using Blackbox on the iPhone. What software can I use for the laptop?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Martincape For This Useful Post:

Mafi10 (14-11-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I just tend to use a browser at home. Vu+ on an android tablet and e2Remote pro on iphone.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Grinnders For This Useful Post:

Mafi10 (14-11-15)

Title
    Thanks
    A couple of questions about this streaming.

1) If im at work and family are at home watching tv, can I stream a different channel?
    2) basically same question but my kids both have an ipad, can they stream different channels at same time?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to fvered For This Useful Post:

Mafi10 (14-11-15)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fvered View Post
    A couple of questions about this streaming.

1) If im at work and family are at home watching tv, can I stream a different channel?
    2) basically same question but my kids both have an ipad, can they stream different channels at same time?
    all depends on the amount of tuners & what they are currently being used for.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

Mafi10 (14-11-15)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast