Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad & PC & Others...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts

How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad & PC & Others...

As the title says, in this tutorial ill show you how to stream TV from your box to your mobile device in your home network and outside your home network. At home this should stream pretty well without any issues but away from home you will need a high upload speed and setup a dyndns account so you can access the box remotely.

Now as i only have an iPhone and iPad as well as a Laptop, I can't show you how to do it on Android but im pretty sure following the same steps should work the same too.

The app i use is Dreambox Live which is available via the app store, i purchased it on iPhone and managed to get it free on iPad

iPhone & iPad Dreambox Live App
    Code:
    http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/dreambox-live/id416450962?mt=8
    First thing first you need to know/setup your HTTP Port which you can find in the OpenWebIf Plugin

Menu/Plugins/OpenWebIf

screenshot.jpg

Make sure "OpenWebInterface is set to "Yes"

Now you can see my HTTP Port is 01985. Default value is 00080 but i changed mine and you can too if you want

You then need to go into your routers Default Gateway Page and in my case the Virtual Servers Option on the left hand side menu, because you will need to forward the ports that will enable you to stream externally from your network. For this you need your box's IP Address and the Ports that need forwarding.

The IP Address of my box is 192.168.2.x
    The Ports I am going to forward are;
    HTTP Port: 1985
    Streaming Port: 8001 (Default)

Assign these like the screenie below

screenshotrouter.jpg

The other ports i have forwarded (21 and 23) are FTP Port and Telnet port so i can get into the box remotely too

Once you have assigned the ports to your box's IP address and router is back on and working you then need to setup a dynds account if you want to stream outside of your home network.
    To do this follow my tutorial on Setting up Inadyn & Dyndns Account

Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9755-How-to-Setup-Inadyn-ViX
    Now you can either use your box's IP address if you just want to use it at home which in my case if 192.168.2.x or my Dyndns account which is xxxxxxx.dyndns.org (from my tutorial above)

Download and Install the Dreambox Live App onto your iPad or iPhone

Open it and it should take you to the Basic Setup Wizard like below

screenshotdreamboxsetup.jpg

Now Fill in the page with your details that you have from above. Mine is below

screenshotdreamboxconfig.jpg

I have set this up so i can stream outside my house so i have used my dyndns account, otherwise type in the IP address to your box 192.168.2.x
    Leave all the other settings the same only putting in your http port and username and password.

Once you have saved and connected click on the TV Icon in top left to bring up your Bouquet List

screenshotbouquet.jpg

Then pick your category

screenshotentertainment.jpg

Then pick the channel you want to view, im going to view BBC 1

screenshotbbc.jpg

And thats it, you have successfully setup streaming.
    Remember to stream outside your house this way you need a fairly high upload speed, mine is roughly 5-6mb and mine streams really good with the odd glitch but i aint got no complaints.

Any questions please dont hesitate to ask. If you like it please click Thanks

UPDATE: ADDED NEW OPENWEBIF INSTEAD OF THE OLD WEBINTERFACE
    Last edited by punisher; 31-03-12 at 12:42.
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

2. The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

aelaramou (01-01-14),aftermath (18-10-11),avi68 (22-12-13),bassethound (13-10-11),bobonthejob (14-11-11),brumlebass (08-04-12),cwebb66 (29-06-14),dilly1066 (22-08-12),facan (18-04-14),Forragado (12-09-13),golfmaster (05-12-15),Grinnders (12-02-14),groove_timer (20-08-13),Larry-G (13-10-11),mahesh_bharti (27-03-14),mauri (08-11-11),NAVSTER1 (16-10-13),Patsup (27-02-24),premiumtaste (19-10-11),radiomanok (25-11-13),saxx69 (29-10-11),sheppy124 (30-03-14),shrek (06-08-17),Sicilian (14-10-11),theslyerdog (06-06-12),ToMaJo (28-12-11),Tyler (13-10-11),uscool (12-01-15),Violence (18-01-13),WAYNE4246 (01-09-13),widar (05-09-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    This works quite well on 3g and really well if u connected to wifi, i was streamin this in brother in laws house in stevenage and it worked perfect, i didnt even get a glitch for about 30mins then the odd glitch then streams perfect. Able to watch my motorised at home on my ipad and iphone anywhere.

The only thing ive noticed is this streaming external to your home network, for em the Xtrend ET9000 works better than the Vu+ Duo i had, i dont know whether its hardware or better streaming software but thats wha ive noticed
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

widar (18-08-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    upgraded my broadband to 100mb which gave me a 10mb upload, the SD streaming is now flawless on someones 10mb wifi, havent had a chance to try on 3g yet but will get round to it. the HD is still a bit blotchy in places, not sure why but oh well, on an iphone and ipad everything looks HD anyway
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    just got round to trying the stream on my iphone 4 via 3g and with a minimum of 3 bars on signal, i was able to watch sky sports news for about 2 minutes with probably 4-5 glitches for a second but nothing that will stop you from streaming it as its brilliant, i think the reason it glitches could be due to the fact my signal was dropping 3 to 2 bars and back up. i guess with a full signal this would stream pretty perfect. will try again when i get full bars on 3g and get back
    D I S C L A I M E R

7. The Following User Says Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (01-11-11)

Title
    Thanks
    anyone got this working on an android phone?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Post a screeny of the settings it asks for on an android app and ill see if i can help u out, although dont have an android, settings should be similar
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    dreamdoid from the market with vplayer (i think its paid 4 app) work fine on wifi.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    im using dreamdroid and android dreamer for my galaxy s2 to stream my vu+duo in my home network
    can i set this up to view my duo remotely ,i mena outside the home
    thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yeh u need to setup a dyndns account and use inadyn to get it working. Follow the tutorial or click on link i my signature to setup inadyn
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    By anychance can I get this feature working on a TM-5402?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger99 View Post
    By anychance can I get this feature working on a TM-5402?
    no this is linux e2 only

i think there is a miniweb on the th5402 that you can use but not sure
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

15. The Following User Says Thank You to silverfox0786 For This Useful Post:

Digger99 (11-01-12)

nas_matko
    Just a note for VU+ owners, there is a specific apllication on appstore for ipad/iphone/ipod called vu+ player that does streaming.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yeh its exactly the same as the dreambox live app apartfrom the skin really lol there are other apps like istreamgate too which is a brilliant app as it plays in HD too
    D I S C L A I M E R

18. The Following User Says Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (04-02-12)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    hd streaming with the new open webif is perfect now on internal network, watching BBC One HD on my macbook air for 45 minutes and 1 lil glitch havent tried external yet
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    hd streaming with the new open webif is perfect now on internal network, watching BBC One HD on my macbook air for 45 minutes and 1 lil glitch havent tried external yet
    which open webif version are you using which allows hd streaming on internal network
    im running latest vix image

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast