Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: VU+ Player is now available in app store!

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts

Thumbs up VU+ Player is now available in app store!

VU+ Player - Want to watch TV on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch?
    Then Vu+ Player is a must have item if you own any of Vu+ boxes.
    It is an easy to use streaming client working with all Vu+ set top boxes.
    With Vu+ Player now you can comfortably watch live TV or play recordings directly from your Vu+ boxes.
    Just search for 'Vu+ Player' in your AppStore!

System requirements

1. Any Vu+ STB
    2. iPad, iPhone4, iPod Touch 4th Generation or later
    3. iOS 4.0 (4.2 for iPad) or higher
    4. Stable 802.11 g/n WIFI connection

Main features

1. Live TV streaming directly from your Vu+ box (Note: HD not supported)
    2. Play recordings directly from your Vu+ box(Note: HD not supported)
    3. Fast & Easy setup
    4. Automatic configuration detecting connected Vu+ devices automatically
    5. Favorite channels supported
    6. Fast channel switch
    7. EPG info. provided
    8. Audio & Subtitle
    9. Multi-tuner support
    10. Landscape & Portrait view
    11. Zoom
    12. Universal app for iPad and iPhone

VU+ Offical post here
    Code:
    http://www2.vuplus.com/14-vuplus-articles/95-vu-player
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

blandie (11-10-11),punisher (11-10-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    exactly the same as dreambox live app lol just theme changes slightly. works brilliantly though i use it to stream outside of house and works great
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

4. The Following User Says Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (11-10-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    its the same as DM Live but i think DM live is pants

i use oplayer and the image quality so far superior it is very noicable the amount of quality improvemnt you get

the only downside to oplayer is you cant use it standalone

you have to have dreammote installed aswell and sent the stream from dreamote to oplayer

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    exactly the same as dreambox live app lol just theme changes slightly. works brilliantly though i use it to stream outside of house and works great
    Are you saying you can stream from your Duo ok, outside your home network ok then with this app? Using 3G?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    i have tried using dmm live outside home via 3g and it does work not brilliant but it does work

SD that is HD still no go just cant buffer fast enough

8. The Following User Says Thank You to silverfox0786 For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (11-10-11)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Going to give this a try tonight
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Is there any way of watching stb over wifi stream in another city etc?
    I have it working on my iPhone on duo and dreambox 800se but only at home
    Pioneer 50 inch Kuro tv
    Onkyo 906 amp with B&W MT-30 speakers with B&W PV-1 sub.
    Vu duo, dreambox 800se and ET9000 stb.
    Xtreamer prodigy media player with 4TB Wd black Caviar hdd.Abigs D7 media player 2tb Wd hdd. 6tb of HD movies and counting

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Is there any way of watching stb over wifi stream in another city etc?
    I have it working on my iPhone on duo and dreambox 800se but only at home
    yes same way but you need to open up ports on yr router and then conenct not to local ip but to WAN ip

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I was sat in stevenage at brother in laws streamin disney junior for my daughter from ma home in middle england lol worked awsome and i love the quality of dm live does the perfect job for me. Im not into streamin as wen u watchin it on ipad or iphone it already looks like hd to me lol
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R

13. The Following User Says Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (11-10-11)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Looking forward to trying this tonight.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Hi.. Is there any reason that this or dreamlive won't work on an xt9000/5000?

The both use enigma2 and stream in similar ways.. Just wondering if they code it so it wouldn't work.

I mean I have had streaming working on iPad using the browser to change channels the copy/pasting the vid stream into a video player app like oplayer, its ok for watching a movie or footy match but it was a pain if you wanted channels surf, and I guess that where an all in one app like this will excel.

Title
    Thanks
    dreambox live does work on xttrend and even e1 based receivers

btw

i cant get vu plus player to work it keeps crashing upon launch

17. The Following User Says Thank You to silverfox0786 For This Useful Post:

blandie (11-10-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yeh i remember the older version of dm live uesd to do that but the author fixed it in net release, maybe same issue needs reporting to vu
    D I S C L A I M E R