Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to flash your VU+ Solo with USB stick

Title
    Thanks
    hi mate, t
    huge thanks to you for posting this coz you just saved me from a life without my new vu+ solo that i manadged to blinking crash within 1 day of receiving it ! thank you soooooo much !

Title
    Thanks
    hey folks, progress, got black hole imaged ok, now have screen, i have an ip now and its all showing on network, have filezilla, can i still recover cfg files?
    need password etc...

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffb377 View Post
    hey folks, progress, got black hole imaged ok, now have screen, i have an ip now and its all showing on network, have filezilla, can i still recover cfg files?
    need password etc...
    No as the process of flashing the image has wiped the flash where those files were stored. This also brings us back to why the video output died with ViX and the latest driver's ?, because BH does not have those drivers installed as standard yet.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I have a black screen after flashing with usb, nothing has changed is there a good older version to begin with. I tried to flash box that had Black hole on and change to open vix is this a problem? Also the first time I had an external HDD plugged in (forgot to remove it) have flashed since but to no avail

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipsespain View Post
    I have a black screen after flashing with usb, nothing has changed is there a good older version to begin with. I tried to flash box that had Black hole on and change to open vix is this a problem? Also the first time I had an external HDD plugged in (forgot to remove it) have flashed since but to no avail
    Is the unit genuine or a clone ?. Please be truthful so as not to waste our or your time.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi guys,
    i have a VU+ Solo operating the OpenPli 3.1.1v. I made the mistake to update the software and now i have nothing in my TV set. I have tried all the above methods to erase it, flash it but with out any success. The latest was the openvix-3.0.204-vusolo_usb file with the USB method but when the update finished there is only Pitch black and No Signal on the TV set.
    No HDD connected during the procedure, only the Ethernet cable.
    Any help will be much appreciated.
    Thank you

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vu77 View Post
    Hi guys,
    i have a VU+ Solo operating the OpenPli 3.1.1v. I made the mistake to update the software and now i have nothing in my TV set. I have tried all the above methods to erase it, flash it but with out any success. The latest was the openvix-3.0.204-vusolo_usb file with the USB method but when the update finished there is only Pitch black and No Signal on the TV set.
    No HDD connected during the procedure, only the Ethernet cable.
    Any help will be much appreciated.
    Thank you
    I checked in the forum and i found out that i have the Clone VU+. Whats the story now?? What should i do???
    Thnx

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Go back to the seller and demand your money back if you paid Gordon it as an original.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks

What next?

New to vu+,
    .....though not to flashing, I have used multi sat before the intoduction of Murdock.
    My query realates to this new box. I was informed that the box had been flashed but what do I do next?
    With my old Technomate it was flashed to convert a channel to include clines or nlines. How do I include
    these lines with the vu+? Also, how do I check if it has been flashed?

Cheers

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    ....check the forum rules first.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12