PDA

View Full Version : exit button in epg causing VIX to zap to selected channel

kierank01
02-08-11, 23:41
Hi, I have just updated from 2.2, to 2.2.107.

I have noticed more than once, that if am in the graphical, and changed bouquet from the one currently selected, and when I press the exit button, it zaps to the currently highlighted channel.

I have searched around, but cannot see a setting that might set this to the default.

judge
03-08-11, 00:42
yeah, a new feature of latest VIX it seems, need to get used to a long OK press instead.
When you forget the long OK & use exit & end up on the unexpected channel, the < channel button works to get you where you want.

andyblac
03-08-11, 01:29
the exit button take you back to the channel you where watching before you entered epg and started previewing channels, you can exit the EPG on the current Channel you are previewing by pressing OK a second time ;).

kierank01
03-08-11, 12:01
the exit button take you back to the channel you where watching before you entered epg and started previewing channels, you can exit the EPG on the current Channel you are previewing by pressing OK a second time ;).

:confused:
but that is what I am saying is not happening

I have it set so that a single ok zap's and exits, but there is no setting for the exit button.

andyblac
03-08-11, 12:35
:confused:
but that is what I am saying is not happening

I have it set so that a single ok zap's and exits, but there is no setting for the exit button.

ehh well if you have zap and exit set then you don't get the preview function,

kierank01
03-08-11, 13:41
Ok, when I was on v2.2, I had ok=zap+exit, and when I was browsing the epg/bouquets, I would get the current channel in the top right. This would not change as I browsed the epg. If I pressed the ok button, it would zap to the channel selected in the epg and exit, if I pressed the exit button, it would exit and stay on the channel that I was viewing before I opened the epg.

Now, on v2.2.107 when I browse the epg/bouquets, and press the exit button, it zaps to the selected channel (the top right corner is still the original channel) when I would expect it to exit to the original channel like v2.2

andyblac
03-08-11, 17:53
Ok, when I was on v2.2, I had ok=zap+exit, and when I was browsing the epg/bouquets, I would get the current channel in the top right. This would not change as I browsed the epg. If I pressed the ok button, it would zap to the channel selected in the epg and exit, if I pressed the exit button, it would exit and stay on the channel that I was viewing before I opened the epg.

Now, on v2.2.107 when I browse the epg/bouquets, and press the exit button, it zaps to the selected channel (the top right corner is still the original channel) when I would expect it to exit to the original channel like v2.2

ok
i don't think you understand how or what channel preview is.

in ANY EPG screen, there is feature called channel preview (this is unique to ViX), here is how it works.

option 1
say you are watching ch1, and then enter EPG.
you then scroll to ch3 and press ok (without it being set to Zap + Close), it wil change channels to ch3 and show in the window ch3, say you don't like whats on and then go to ch5 and again press ok (to preview) it change to ch5, but again you decide you don't like and you want to back to channel you where watching before you started to preview, just press EXIT, and it will change the channel back to ch1.

option 2
say you are watching ch1, and then enter EPG.
you then scroll to ch3 and press ok (without it being set to Zap + Close), it wil change channels to ch3 and show in the window ch3, say you don't like whats on and then go to ch5 and again press ok (to preview) it change to ch5, but this time you decide you what to watch this channel and go full screen, just OK again on ch5, it will now leave the EPG and stay on ch5.

hope this make thing clear what channel preview is. and how it works.

andy.

kierank01
03-08-11, 22:32
first, thanks for your time.

I have set the ok setting, to default, done some testing and your scenarios work as you have suggested.

however none of your scenarios include my issue.

The issue is still occurring with the ok button set to default.

If I am watching ch1, enter epg, to view event synopsis', but continue to view ch1.
If I stay in the current bouquet pressing exit returns to ch1.

If I am viewing ch1, press epg, read some view event synopsis', then press the ch+ button, and select another bouquet, read more view event synopsis', while continuing to watch(preview) ch1, and then press exit, the channel zaps to the channel that is highlighted.

This is not the functionality that was in v2.2.

andyblac
03-08-11, 23:08
first, thanks for your time.

I have set the ok setting, to default, done some testing and your scenarios work as you have suggested.

however none of your scenarios include my issue.

The issue is still occurring with the ok button set to default.

If I am watching ch1, enter epg, to view event synopsis', but continue to view ch1.
If I stay in the current bouquet pressing exit returns to ch1.

If I am viewing ch1, press epg, read some view event synopsis', then press the ch+ button, and select another bouquet, read more view event synopsis', while continuing to watch(preview) ch1, and then press exit, the channel zaps to the channel that is highlighted.

This is not the functionality that was in v2.2.

ok i'll take alook tomorrow.

dec2k
04-08-11, 21:29
Hey Andy,
Loving the new Vix image - thanks for all your time and effort :D

This seems to be the only issue I have as well. I dont have the preview pane shown and also changed to Zap+Exit on OK with start bouquet at channel 1. Works great until I change the bouquet and decide I want to go back to the same channel I was watching but pressing Exit always plays the first channel in the current bouquet

If I stay in the same bouquet - everything works as expected. I updated to rev 109 but issue persists.

I came from Vix 2.0 and there was no issue with the Exit button....let me know if you need more info and I'll get you whatever you need :cool:

andyblac
05-08-11, 13:15
Hey Andy,
Loving the new Vix image - thanks for all your time and effort :D

This seems to be the only issue I have as well. I dont have the preview pane shown and also changed to Zap+Exit on OK with start bouquet at channel 1. Works great until I change the bouquet and decide I want to go back to the same channel I was watching but pressing Exit always plays the first channel in the current bouquet

If I stay in the same bouquet - everything works as expected. I updated to rev 109 but issue persists.

I came from Vix 2.0 and there was no issue with the Exit button....let me know if you need more info and I'll get you whatever you need :cool:

finally track the bug down it will be in 2.2.110