PDA

View Full Version : i dont know where to start with this

matieboy
02-08-11, 14:12
hi all
got a tm-800hd and was expecting this to be an easy install, how wrong was i.
i have a 80cm dish on a h-h dm 101 motor, supporting usals and disqc 1.2.
now all this is gobble d gook to me at the mo,
now the box is doing my head in, i cant work out how to scan for satellites, store them or bugger all to be honest.
is the key to success getting the dish pointing at one satellite then it should find the rest or
getting aligned to due south then scanning with box??????
i did find a of at 9 and 10 degree's,
but think even that has gone now???
i am usually ok with tech but seems this has me beat? would help if there was an instruction book of sorts,
its ok having a wizard if you know what your selecting but i dont, COMPLETE NEWBIE i'm afraid
any help or pointers would be a great help.
thank you to all who read,

Sicilian
02-08-11, 14:21
Has your dish ever been aligned correctly by an engineer? i.e. Zero position aligned to Thor 1deg?

matieboy
02-08-11, 14:36
no sicilian it hasnt, thought i would try a bit of diy first, pretty amateur i guess,
i just like to try and work things out first, should i do that then?

Sicilian
02-08-11, 14:52
I would make sure the motor is in Zero position and align with 1deg Thor. I'm not an installer so cant really tell you exactly how to align your dish. I always take the easy option and pay an installer :)

Once your dish is aligned 100% go into your Tuner configuration and set tuner to USALS inputting your longitude and latitude. Then transfer a set of Enigma 2 settings/bouquets like Catseyes settings from here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?42-Catseye-Enigma2-Settings-file-75-East-to-58-West/page5 Guide to transfer the settings here using dreamboxedit http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?623-How-to-send-save-Enigma-Settings-to-the-VUDuo-using-DBEdit

matieboy
02-08-11, 16:18
thanks mate, will give that a try,
my head hurts a bit now, so will try later i thinks, lol

matieboy
03-08-11, 21:42
just an update then,
been playing around some more and can get satellites from 13deg to 26 deg east,
anything lower i cant seem to get,
tried aligning sat due south and picking up thor@ 1deg west,
i used a meter but didnt seem to get anywhere,
with the arc of sats i have discovered, could this suggest an elevation problem on the lower bearing sats??
been calling a few sat installers and they want a fortune to align my dish,
so i'm just giving it a go myself for now or until i find a cheaper installer...( tight ass yorkshire man you see, lol )