PDA

View Full Version : Buying and Selling room

supathug
17-06-10, 10:32
Sic,

It might be a good idea that when someone puts something up to sell on here that we ask them to post a photo of the item with a piece of paper with their username and date on it. That would make it harder for dropshippers, help members see the general condition of the item before making an offer and confirm to the member that the item is in the sellers posession.

Just a thought

bobonthejob
17-06-10, 10:35
Sounds like a good idea...

grtmoby
17-06-10, 10:43
i back this up too. especially the item photos.

Sicilian
17-06-10, 10:53
I did think about this. Decided not to bother with this rule as it easy to fake stuff like this with photophop nowadays, hence why I've implement quite stringent rules and added iTrader for feedback. Theres nothing to stop a potential purchaser requesting photo's. See rule 12 here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?685-Trading-rules-please-read-before-posting-in-trading-section!

I'd rather member's request photo's themselves and request proper contact details themselves. I wouldn't want member's to take it as gospel that because someone has a photo of a laptop with the username that its theirs to sell.

bobonthejob
17-06-10, 10:58
Even something like this...Can it be request at best endeavours to provide an image?

Sicilian
17-06-10, 11:06
Even something like this...Can it be request at best endeavours to provide an image?

Ok, put it like this. What's to stop a member going to pcworld with a piece of paper showing his member name, placing it next to a laptop and trying to sell as his own? (btw I DO own the one I've got advertised in there lol!)

Now this could happen on any forum (not just here). The busiest trading forum I know of, does not even have a rule that a photo must be posted. The responsibility lies with the member to be 100% satisfied when selling/buying.

Thank you for the suggestion though Supathug :)

bobonthejob
17-06-10, 11:10
Fair dooos....

supathug
17-06-10, 11:44
cool - sounds like u have it worked out sic!