PDA

View Full Version : Sirius 4.8 nordic beam

hifial
31-07-11, 12:32
Am I wasting my time trying to get viasat on the Nordic beam in Belfast I can get the euro beam no problem I have a 1.1m dish I was going to try fine tuning it a bit by putting a Nordic transponder freq in my meter but would I be wasting my time?

jcm193
31-07-11, 12:36
The only way to find out is to try it i guess let us know how you get on, i get a decent signal 70+ % with my 1.2 on sd channels on the nordic beam iam in South Devon

Prioryman
31-07-11, 19:02
Thought I would have a look and just scanned it with a 1metre dish. I got 100% done! 683 services found! on a signal of 88% I'm in Norfolk

Would have thought you would be close to that mark.

basilyoung
31-07-11, 22:27
some freqs on 5 east are very strong, but on the nordic beam, ( i have a 1.2 channel master/feed horn in north east wales ) you will get sigs,...but weak, but if you are lucky enough to have access to via sat, you should get piccys

The Bishop
02-08-11, 15:18
.......but if you are lucky enough to have access to via sat, you should get piccys

What decoder is needed to get these pictures, or is it a card share?

The Bishop

Larry-G
02-08-11, 16:03
What decoder is needed to get these pictures, or is it a card share?

The Bishop

That depends on what exactly you want to watch.

There is more than one package operating from this location, using encryptions from videoguard (NDS), Viaccess , BISS etc etc. Also remember the rules on this site with reference to CS so be carefull where you go with this line of inquiry.

The Bishop
02-08-11, 18:29
That depends on what exactly you want to watch.....

Apologies, I should have been more specific, it is the EPL football in videoguard.

The Bishop

hifial
02-08-11, 21:43
Ive been playing about with the dish to try and get the nordic beam I can get about s/n 30% i think 40 is the minimum you need? I want to be sure i can get it before I order a cam/card. I'm using a 1.1m dish I can't go bigger also im using an icecrypt pro black 1.0db lnb Is there better ones than that for weak signal? Or any suggestions would be be great

pooface
02-08-11, 22:45
I'm using a 1.1m dish I can't go bigger also im using an icecrypt pro black 1.0db lnb Is there better ones than that for weak signal?

The inverto black ultra lnb is a great lnb and have heard many reports of it adding % to people's snr... Not sure whether it's better than urs, but since urs is a 1db, and inverto is 0.2, I would guess it would...

Sent with Tapatalk

basilyoung
02-08-11, 22:46
well, as I posted, if you happen to own the required card/unit, yes its watchable, but the sig stength will be bordar line
and just for the record, I can not view these channels, but know it can be done

tomthebomb1968
03-08-11, 03:07
My mate (an installer) and I were trying to get the Via Sat nordic brodcasts at his location in Belfast last week. No joy with a 110cm Triax and black ultra, I cant remember the snr but think it was around 36/37%. We managed to pull it in on an Andrews 1.5m dish ok. It was very sensative to the slightest of movement though, but this may have been due to the lnb not being in the correct collar for the dish. It was a diy cobbled together thing, but hey we got a picure lol.

If you wanna speak to him pm me and i can give you a contact number for him. He loves a challenge and he can give you some good advice. The newest plaything has just arrived. A big 2m dish he bought from some Ukranian in Lisburn. Paid £40 and thats for the mount and dish.

squig007
02-12-11, 12:17
sent you a pm tomthebomb1968 , i live in belfast and would love to know what i would need to get in 4.8 east , ive been trying for years to get it with no joy

tomthebomb1968
02-12-11, 20:47
PM replied to mate, he has been pulling it in on a 110cm on clear days. Told him i gave you his mobile no and to be expecting a call.

Good luck,