PDA

View Full Version : Gran misses out on £10k after eating red wafer Kit Kat

bassethound
30-07-11, 14:04
A grandmother has missed out on a £10,000 cash prize after unwittingly eating a red wafer Kit Kat.

The unnamed woman, who is in her 60s, ate the promotional chocolate bar without realising it was one of just ten winning red wafers produced.

She later told her grandchildren that it had it had "looked odd" as it was "red inside", but had already thrown away the wrapper when they informed her of the prize.

The woman, of Boughton Monchelsea, Kent, shrugged and said that there was "nothing she could do" as the binmen had already been to empty her bin.

A Nestle spokesman said that the golden ticket inside the wrapper was "difficult to miss" and confirmed that she had lost out on the prize.

"They would have lost £10,000," the spokesman said. "There's not much we can do."

Alanp
30-07-11, 14:37
Doh !!!!!!!!!

punisher
30-07-11, 14:39
Now wudnt u wana kill urself lmao

Stanman
30-07-11, 14:55
Now wudnt u wana kill urself lmao
WHY!!!!
You can make the money again but there is only one life.

pooface
30-07-11, 21:03
Sounds like the old woman cud't give a shit, but the grandkids r the ones who r moaning at her! Oh well, c'est la vie!

Sent with Tapatalk

digidude
30-07-11, 21:09
sounds like a very similar thing that happened to me about 8 years ago with a £97.5k lottery ticket, it still makes me sick to think about it :mad:

silverfox0786
30-07-11, 23:17
haha thats granny sounds like some thing my dad would do

eat a winning ticket or trow away the wrapper without realising

punisher
30-07-11, 23:25
sounds like a very similar thing that happened to me about 8 years ago with a £97.5k lottery ticket, it still makes me sick to think about it :mad:

97.5k? Tell me u didnt eat the ticket or suma lol