PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Config] CrossEPG Error: cannot open CrossEPG database

30-07-11, 13:28
Hi,

My CrossEPG was working fine until today when I tried to manually update a provider.

Whenever I try to update using CrossEPG all I get now is message appearing saying "CrossEPG Error: cannot open CrossEPG database" then when I press ok another message appears saying "CrossEPG Error: error opening EPGDB"

If I restart the box I can do one update one provider successfully then when I try to update another provider I keep getting the message above.

I'm using a VU+ Duo Vix version Image 2.2.106 and done all the system updates.

Any ideas what I can do to resolve this?

Thanks

pooface
30-07-11, 13:42
You could try telnetting in to the box, remove the contents of/ media/usb/crossepg (or/ media/hdd/crossepg depending on where u have it stored), then issue "init 4" command, remove the epg.dat file (from where ever u have it stored), and then issue "init 3" command... This will remove all your epg data...

Sent with Tapatalk

30-07-11, 14:16
I think it is because my USB stick become into a read-only state. I just wiped the usb stick and put back in the Duo and gave it a restart and everything started to work again. Strange how it got into a read-only state in the first place.

pooface
30-07-11, 21:07
I think it is because my USB stick become into a read-only state. I just wiped the usb stick and put back in the Duo and gave it a restart and everything started to work again. Strange how it got into a read-only state in the first place.

Did u have debug logs enabled in the image at all? If so, we could possibly use one of the logs at the time to look at why it was going in to a read only mode?!

Maybe tho, the usb was full?!

Sent with Tapatalk

31-07-11, 11:50
Did u have debug logs enabled in the image at all? If so, we could possibly use one of the logs at the time to look at why it was going in to a read only mode?!

Maybe tho, the usb was full?!

Sent with Tapatalk

Where do I look for the debug logs? I can check for you and if it's there I can send to you.

Ps. The USB was not full up.

ksada2
15-10-13, 15:55
Where do I look for the debug logs? I can check for you and if it's there I can send to you.

Ps. The USB was not full up.

Hi!

Did you ever find a solution for this? My USB stick also turns ReadOnly after updating the EPG so it would be great if I could stop that!

Cheers.