PDA

View Full Version : Picon location

buz
30-07-11, 01:40
How do I set picon location in latest vix image? I want to download a new set via plugins but it only gives me option to store on hdd or flash. I want to save them to USB.

kevdoc
30-07-11, 04:04
You could go ahead and download them then once their downloaded I'm pretty sure you could probaly use filebrowser plugin to move them from internal flash to USB, sounds like a pain I know but I'm sure it would work. Would be allot better if it just went straight to USB lol. I'm sure there is someone could prob help you better than me as I'm only new to the scene. Just a suggestion thou mate.

punisher
30-07-11, 07:43
theres a tutorial here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8712-How-to-setup-picons-onto-usb-stick-ViX

buz
30-07-11, 12:51
Thanks for info. I have downloaded picons to flash and have also got file browser. I can see both USB and flash in browser and can even select picon folder. How do I move folder using browser as if I select move option I can't see a way to Tell it where I want the folder to go. It just asks do I want it to go from dir/ to dir/ and I can't see how to enter the actual directory location eg. USB.

buz
30-07-11, 13:08
Also in previous versions of vix I'm sure there was an option in one of the menus to select picon location?

Stanman
30-07-11, 15:09
Download a program called filezilla and use that to connect to the box. It has a tree structure for folders and is the best way imho of moving stuff on the box. Once you have moved it to USB do a gui restart.

punisher
30-07-11, 16:04
Also in previous versions of vix I'm sure there was an option in one of the menus to select picon location?

in the new versions of vix the picon location is auto detected, but make sure that the picons are not in more than one location, either usb or hdd