PDA

View Full Version : How create and replace the bootlogo in VU+ Duo that is using OpenPLi

Sicilian
26-03-10, 15:23
The bootlogo must be made from a JPEG image 1280x720, the one I used was 72dpi, dont think the dpi is too important though, but must be 1280x720 for HD receivers. I've attached the JPEG I started with and the bootlogo I created.

1. Download the attached TMPGEnc.
2. Unzip the file to your chosen destination.
3. Double click the TPMGEnc.exe MPEG Encoder file and click OK on the small pop up window. Then click Cancel on the Project Wizard (1/5) window that appears.
4. Next screen, bottom right Stream type, check the box ES (Video only).
5. Next, bottom left Video source: click on Browse and select the background/photo that you want as your new logo.
6. Click Load and select Dreambox.mcf its in the directory \Tmpgenc\template.
7. Click settings and change as per the attached setting screenshot.
8. Click browse where its says output file name. In the next change the file type to All files, browse to where you want to save your bootlogo and save it as bootlogo.mvi
9. Click start.
10. Ftp into your VU+ Duo and navigate to usr/share, there you will find the defualt bootlogo.mvi, backup this to your pc.
11. Ftp the your new created bootlogo.mvi to usr/share and chmod755, reboot receiver.

Thats it.

alpa
15-05-10, 15:31
Now there is much easier way with this new utility in the attachment.

Just select the picture and the tool will do the rest for you.

Sicilian
15-05-10, 15:59
Now there is much easier way with this new utility in the attachment.

Just select the picture and the tool will do the rest for you.

Uploaded this morning here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?544-Dream-BootLogo-Generator-VU-and-Dreambox-800-8000

grimm70
23-10-10, 20:23
7. Click settings and change as per the attached setting screenshot.

I know its an old post, but do you still have the screenshot?
Found this in google.
Stream type:’ = MPEG-1 Video
Size’ = 720 x576 pixels
Aspect ratio:’ = 1:1 (VGA)
Frame rate:’ = 25 fps
Rate control mode:’ = Constant bitrate (CBR)
Bitrate:’ = 12000
Motion search precision:’ = Normal

But not sure this is the right setting. "Size’ = 720 x576 pixels" in setting when the JPEG image is 1280x720.
And i want to use TMPGEnc.